• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets of Rage 4 ‘Adam Hunter’ trailer

Enjay

Banned
When this game will be released...Damn, can't wait anymore!

A friend said "they will release sor4 and fight'n rage will be better".
I really fear that...

Why so much time to release this game? At least a release date...

Sorry to up this thread, we need to talk more about it!
Meanwhile Streets of Rage 2 was released in only a year and a half after the first one. If this game is over $10 it will flop in sales even harder than River City Girls.

Meanwhile Streets of Rage 2 was released in only a year and a half after the first one. If this game is over $10 it will flop in sales even harder than River City Girls.

River City Girls is great! If flopped, I don't know why.
I think SOR4 will cost 30/40usd

Fight'n Rage still one of the best, if not THE best beat'em up ever made.

Last edited:
I do not agree. Not even close to Capcom's AvP. On the other hand, what are rating criteria for it?

As a beat'em up fanatic, let's put the classics out of this. They are the roots.

I just think Fight'n rage mechanic challenging and fair. It can be mastered and you be good by your skills. No cheap cpu. In recent years, i don't think there is a so solid beat em up like FNR.

molasar

Banned
As a beat'em up fanatic, let's put the classics out of this. They are the roots.

I just think Fight'n rage mechanic challenging and fair. It can be mastered and you be good by your skills. No cheap cpu. In recent years, i don't think there is a so solid beat em up like FNR.

The roots are in the 80s. In the 90s through different approaches gameplay mechanics were perfected besides graphics.

Regarding Fight'n rage, I played it on PC when it was released and was not that much impressed by it as there was something missing about it in a fun department.

Anyway the only 2D beat'em up game after 1994 I had high hopes for was infamous Paprium.

Ristifer

You really have a hate on for this game, don't you?

The roots are in the 80s. In the 90s through different approaches gameplay mechanics were perfected besides graphics.

Regarding Fight'n rage, I played it on PC when it was released and was not that much impressed by it as there was something missing about it in a fun department.

Anyway the only 2D beat'em up game after 1994 I had high hopes for was infamous Paprium.

When i said "roots", its all englobad, mate.

If you aren't impressed with Fight'n Rage, so i think u should play more beat'em ups.

I feel like you are trying to grow on me like "i have more knowledge".

So play your game, and i play mine.

End of story.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
If you aren't impressed with Fight'n Rage, so i think u should play more beat'em ups.

Surprise me, what beat'em ups should I play that I have not played yet? How old were you in the 80s or 90s?

Also I never said that I have more or less knowledge but there is a difference in perception between those gamers who experienced games when they were released and those who played them many years later.

Last edited:
Surprise me, what beat'em ups should I play that I have not played yet? How old were you in the 80s or 90s?

Also I never said that I have more or less knowledge but there is a difference in perception between those gamers who experienced games when they were released and those who played them many years later.

36yo mate.
I played renegade on arcades.

Maybe u should try Fight'n Rage again, it's nearly impossible a beat em up fan not be impressed by that game.

molasar

Banned
Maybe u should try Fight'n Rage again, it's nearly impossible a beat em up fan not be impressed by that game.

Somehow I am not. However I do not think it is a bad game. It just did not scratch my itch or satisfy my taste for new beat'em ups.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot SoR4 isn't even getting a physical release outside that shit Limited Games.

B_Boss

GHtoyVY.jpg

I don't like it when shit slows down when you pull a special move in a beat em up.

That’s actually awesome as hell...it was slowdown before slowdown was a thing and it’s glorious from what I’ve seen 😎.

Also, is Koshiro doing the music? Maybe that’s dreaming too much 😅.

Last edited:

And I'll make damn well sure I'm one of the lucky gamer's to grab the 'limited run'.

Sad news. Thanks for the info!

Maybe they do like Sonic Mania...after some dlc (and if the game go well) they release a retail copy.

Top Bottom