• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets of Rage 4 ‘Adam Hunter’ trailer

Mista

Banned

Publisher Dotemu has released a new trailer for Streets of Rage 4 introducing playable character Adam Hunter.

Here is an overview of the character, via Dotemu:
He hunted down the syndicate leader with his bare hands 28 years ago then never came back until today. You’ve met his brother in the second episode of Streets of Rage series, then recently his daughter Cherry. We’re pleased to announce that Adam Hunter will join the fight in Streets of Rage 4 next year.
Gematsu

Miles708

I was excited seeing Adam's name but... I don't like him at all :(
Looks like a bartender. Why did they give him those clothes and hairstyle?

Last edited:

kunonabi

So why are stuck with his shitty daughter if they were also going to put him in anyway?

Also dat white privilege.

Caffeine

giphy.gif

Saber

Gold Member
Its about fucking damn time!

He is the best and I dunno why other SoR doesn't have him playable.

Really happy for this.

Miles708

Re-watching the trailer and this game looks so fun, I can't wait to play it. As soon as they make a physical version I'll be there day 1!

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Do they ever plan to release this game? It feels like I've been hearing about it forever, but no release date.

I just wonder if Adam's design is purposefully playing it safe or specifically meant to contrast hobo Axel (of course, it could be both of these things). Otherwise, even if the little girl is his daughter, I'd rather their default, base color have been different, instead of matching yellow.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Was Skate an unliked character? Too OP maybe?

I would have thought he’d be just behind Axel and Blaze but guess it wouldn’t work since he’s no longer a small teen to fill out the fast & light fighter type.

Gargus

Banned
I hope this one is good.

I don't know. Every single modern day sequel to a beat em up I used to play is never satisfying to me and I rarely finish them. I don't know exactly what it is but I always get excited then I get bored when I play them yet I can still go back to the old ones fine.

Streets of rage was one of my favorite ones so I'll give it a shot.

Rran

How can anyone hate the new art direction and style? It’s brilliant and I LOVE IT! Read plenty of silly comments online bashing the new art direction. It looks beautiful
I agree. The team that worked on this also did Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap for the Switch which is one of the most gorgeous 2D games I've ever seen. I'm not very familiar with the Streets of Rage series but I'm keeping a close eye on this game.

Kazza

While I'm happy to see Adam in the game, does anybody else get the feeling that he is a late addition to the line up (i.e. not originally planned)?

From this previous screen, it looked as though they already had decided which characters to include, with no sign of Adam's outline:

kI2mzpT.jpg

With Adam now included they have had to reconfigure the title screen:

Streets-of-Rage-4-780x483.png

Maybe he was always meant to be a surprise, but then it would have made more sense to reveal him after whoever the guy with the robotic arm is. I always though Cherry was meant to make up for the absence of Skate and Adam.

Whatever the case, I loved playing as Adam in the SoR Remake game and am glad to see him again here. The game is looking great. I especially like the new elevator stage with the breakable glass.

Good for Adam.

I don't suppose there's any chance of my boi Dr Zan getting in, is there? That vague image kind of looks like it could be him, but the topknot on it makes me think perhaps not...

Yes, I realize I am the only Zan fan in the whole world.

Power up!

When this game will be released...Damn, can't wait anymore!

A friend said "they will release sor4 and fight'n rage will be better".
I really fear that...

Why so much time to release this game? At least a release date...

Sorry to up this thread, we need to talk more about it!

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Are we any closer to a release date? Seems as if they are making a whole new trilogy instead of just getting out one new game,

Top Bottom