• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets of Rage 4 - Cherry Hunter Gamescom 2019 Trailer

Mista

Banned

Streets of Rage 4 will make its way on to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch! Cherry Hunter is the daughter of Adam Hunter from the original Streets of Rage. Her interest in following in her father’s footsteps and becoming a cop soon faded out, replaced by her love of music. Nowadays, she plays with her electro progressive rock band. Streets of Rage 4 will be the first entry to the core series in 25 years, standing as Axel and Blaze’s glorious return to serving up side-scrolling beatdowns. With lush hand-drawn animations, new combat abilities, and fresh tracks from an amazing team of composers, Streets of Rage 4 will be a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore. To keep your skull-cracking combo on the latest Streets of Rage 4 news going, head over to www.streets4rage.com, visit www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4, and give the follow button a devastating high kick on Twitter @Dotemu, @Lizardcube and @Guard_Crush.

I like the addition of a rockstar character. could probably have pushed the edgeyness/rock a bit further, but i'm for it. Good concept. guitar feels a bit cumbersome. I think cooler or more unique alternatives coulda been dual wielding drumsticks or a microphone "whip".

regardless im ready. that musics got me going too.

Last edited:

Shifty

Not a big fan of the guitar, I'd have preferred for them to go the more standard Punch Girl route given that she's Adam's kid.

That said, I'm of the mind that Adam didn't truly shine until Streets of Rage Remake put him in a modern engine:

Saber

Gold Member
Nah, its not that bad. Kinda like the hair and design, although I'm not sure theres a reason behind it.

I'm more worried about Adam though.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
She just looks really bad next to Blaze. Shame they decided to go all tumblr looking for their second female character. The next character is obviously going to the robot dude from part 3 or his son.

The artstyle on the trailer isn't great but the way she moves is interesting.

How many years later is this if Adam has a teenaged daughter?

iconmaster

Banned
That character is the game’s MadCatz controller, for when you have over a less-than great friend.

Clever to build it into the software itself.

51FK38W94CL.jpg

Her character design is a little boring, but the game still looks great, imo.

Edit: I do like her design over that of Eddie from SoR2, so there's that.

Last edited:

Klart

She's not that great (don't like the guitar gimmick), but I do like the references to brother & father.

HOWEVER: HOW DID NOONE NOTICE THE RETURN OF SHIVA!

He just has to be unlockable, no? Here's hoping for even more unlockables .

Klart

"Cherry will be joined by other characters soon, so stay tuned for more news!"

That means we're getting at least five!

Enjay

Banned
Damn, Yuzo Koshiro is still suck in Streets of Rage 3 mode so to go along with the shitty new grounds flash game graphics we have an electronic seizure for our bgm.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Mona and Lisa are also here and are as hot as Blaze. No more Tumblr shit please.

Ristifer

Damn, Yuzo Koshiro is still suck in Streets of Rage 3 mode so to go along with the shitty new grounds flash game graphics we have an electronic seizure for our bgm.
If you took five seconds to read, you'd see that it wasn't even Yuzo who composed this music.

Just say you don't want to play the game and stop talking out of your ass.

Petrae

Hard pass from me here, based on not at all liking the visuals and the weird gameplay additions (like juggles). I’ll stick with SoR2.

Enjay

Banned
If you took five seconds to read, you'd see that it wasn't even Yuzo who composed this music.

Just say you don't want to play the game and stop talking out of your ass. Sorry for being harsh but I feel very fragile about the amount of complaints against a game from a series I heard from my uncles was the shit.
Seek help immediately.

SegaShack

Im a huge SoR fan, it is one of my favorites. I keep giving this team a chance, but the trailers never feel right. This reeks of 2008-2010 garbage 2.5D revival era.

Top Bottom