• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike Suit Zero |OT| Wing Commander x Macross

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
iMXI57E8Ai122.png

iFWwrrfqBCikx.png

ii4OmhtETzCNH.png

iGjTEbc916V0S.png

iHFV3oACQ5SaK.png
i2aYWDuhaeLbC.png

• Platforms: PC
    • Release Date:

• January 24th, 2013.
  • PC Requirements:
  • Minimum
    • Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
    • Memory: 4 GB system RAM
    • Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
    • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better
    • Sound: Windows compatible sound card
  • Recommended
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better
    • Memory: 4 GB system RAM
    • Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
    • Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better
    • Sound: Windows compatible sound card
Strike Suit Zero is an action-packed arcade game set in the final hours of a future Earth.
The clock is ticking; your planet is about to be destroyed and its only hope is the Strike Suit;
an advanced, transforming spacecraft that empowers the player with ludicrous firepower and
awesome abilities. Every second is precious; you’ll be forced to fight with fury, choose targets
on instinct and make snap decisions that will not only affect the outcome of your mission but
your path through the game and the ultimate destiny of seven billion lives.​
idpnmkiamtisa.png
iHJQMvRBBO2z8.png

i8ux8Cn2wQjRA.png

icXg5P3Pb66tF.png

irUHsfX0bQ8Qb.png

[URL="http://youtu.be/tO8RFED0gdA"][/URL]
ilGBeI0sDftxB.png

ibgpqQXqvpRhTi.png
**All credit for the OT stuff to Cystm**

Give your moneys to: Steam or Green Man Gaming (25% off pre-order coupon: GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1 )

Reviews:
Rock Paper Shotgun
GamesRadar
IncGamers - 7/10
DigitalSpy 2/5
Gamespy - 3.5/5
NowGamer - 8/10
Eurogamer - 3/10
IGN - 7.5/10
Penny-Arcade
Gamespot - 7.5

Xamdou

I was just thinking about this game... getting Rogue leader vibes!

It's like $20 but there's a code for like $5 off... there's a link on gaf somewhere.

Babalu.

i kickstarted this and should be getting my steam key tomorrow. should be goood.

i also have 3 25% off codes that they gave to kickstarters for their friends/family.
(i'm not giving them away yet, saving for friends)

but if you ask around you might be able to get a coupon.

Doomrider

I'm interested, but I'll wait for a discount. I probably wouldn't play it right away anyhow. Still, it's exciting that this actually has a proper story mode and it's not just space battles for the sake of it.

No cockpit view, yeah?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
You could at least link to a trailer or something in the OP. Or its official site for people to find media themselves. Although it seems they haven't updated that in some time, they need a launch trailer with non beta footage. Unless that's the Steam one.

Doomrider

According to the wiki it does, I haven't been able to find any footage/screens of it though.
Great news! Thanks.

This reminds me of Omega Boost.

How do I buy it?

Steam or GMG (use the coupon mentioned above).

Assuming not much has changed, this (kinda old) preview on RPS has some interesting tidbits:

- Mecha design by Junji Okubo (Applessed Ex Machina, Infinite Space, Steel Batallion)
- A playthrough of the story mode should take about 3 hours 6 hours (according to more recent info straight from one of the devs)
- There seem to be branches, so that adds to the replay value
- Apparently, the player will have to make some tough decisions during battle

In case anyone's worried about the game lacking content, it will have mod tools, so hopefully, that won't be a problem.

And finally, trailer.

[These bits of information are for the people who had no idea this existed (like me; I learned of it on the Steam thread yesterday).]

Ken

Great news! Thanks.

Steam or GMG (use the coupon mentioned above).

Assuming not much has changed, this (kinda old) preview on RPS has some interesting tidbits:

- Mecha design by Junji Okubo (Applessed Ex Machina, Infinite Space, Steel Batallion)
- A playthrough of the story mode should take about 3 hours
- There seem to be branches, so that adds to the replay value
- Apparently, the player will have to make some tough decisions during battle

In case anyone's worried about the game lacking content, it will have mod tools, so hopefully, that won't be a problem.

And finally, trailer.

[These bits of information are for the people who had no idea this existed (like me; I learned of it on the Steam thread yesterday).]

I don't see a Purchase Game button on Steam.

1stStrike

Banned
The game can't be pre-purchased on steam yet, unfortunately. Pretty weird considering how close it is to release.

Anyway, a couple facts based on a video I saw of this game today:

1. Cockpit view is one of the last things they were adding and will be in for release
2. This is not a mech game, but rather a game that gives you the ability to transform into a mech at will. It's still a space shooter, and designed around that.
3. They are working on adding Occulus Rift support so you can play with VR.
4. The soundtrack was done by Paul Ruskay, whom did the Homeworld soundtrack, along with some help from Kokia who worked on two songs in the soundtrack. The soundtrack will be released along with the game, so you can purchase this as well.

It, overall, looks like it's well worth the money to me and I'll be picking it up.

So who made it? It should at least have that info.

Apparently, Born Ready Games who are just 25 people out of Guildford, UK (which is awesome).
9a28fd5c5aebdcfd5ca4a74d348c2357_large.JPG

"The team has years of cumulative experience in the industry, having worked on the likes of Call of Duty Finest Hour, Warhammer: Firewarrior, Batallion Wars, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dungeon & Dragons Tactics and Geometry Wars Galaxies, amongst others."

The Geometry Wars bit explains the flashy colours :)

Orayn

I think the way you move while transormed means you're probably better off with a dual analog controller than a joystick and throttle for this one.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
This game just snuck up on me. I knew it was in the works, but didn't realize it would be out so soon. I'll be playing this, I think. Reminds me a lot of Omega Boost, and I really liked that game. =)

CTLance

FYI: Kickstarter guys get three 25% off coupon codes each, so any interested parties should find one of us and ask for one, I guess. Not sure about the NeoGAF MO on stuff like this nowadays.

Another PA:
Fellow Kickstarters, if you are interested in the gog version you need to direct message them on kickstarter! It seems that particular bit of info may have drowned in the sea of updates and launch excitement.
KS said:
Important: we will assume you want the Steam version of the game unless you get in touch to tell us otherwise. If you would like the DRM-free GOG.com version, please direct message us on Kickstarter and we’ll make sure your order is amended accordingly.

Anyway.

Looking forward to the improvements over the beta.
And my joystick.
Which should have arrived already.
Time to glare at the mailman some more.

Still a tiny bit bummed over the steam/gog probs.
KS said:
As mentioned throughout the campaign, there are certain obstacles when creating a DRM-free game and as such, the online leaderboards and achievements won’t be available for this version. We’re working closely with GOG.com to support our DRM-free community in every way we can, but developing the DLC for this version will take a little while and - while we will be sure to release it for you - it won't be available at the same time as the Steam version's DLC (If you’ve ordered the Marauder or any other additional digital content, for example, this won’t be available at the same time as Steam. As soon as we can get this to you, however, we will).
KS said:
Just so you're all in the loop: you'll be sent your Steam key for the game at 5pm GMT / 9am PST on January 23rd. Everybody that has pledged for the game through Kickstarter will be sent a Steam key. Those of you that have requested the GOG.com DRM-free version will be sent this as soon as soon as it is available.
Ah well.
At least there will be a gog release, which is very much appreciated. Glorious DRM free future etc pp :)

Edit: Kickstarters that message them on kickstarter get a GOG key in addition to the Steam key and may use both. Awesome.

ultron87

This game brings back many pleasant memories of Project Sylpheed and Robotech Battlecry. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Boom.

25% off SSZ for a friend!
Please find your three coupons below

Hi Mejilan

Strike Suit Zero is mere days away from launch, and as such, we'd like to pass on a little something to our trusty Kickstarter backers as a little thank you for making the launch of the game possible.

The three codes below will entitle your friends and family to 25% off Strike Suit Zero through our store.

KS5JXFFHU
KS8MDCJMH
KS4MSESXE

Tell your friends to head here,
follow the steps, and enter your coupon code when prompted.

Strike Suit Zero will be hitting Steam and other digital stores on January 23rd (10am PST, 6pm GMT). Those of you that are expecting the game as a reward through Kickstarter will be sent your Steam or GOG.com codes shortly before this, ready to download the game.

Again, a massive thank you to all of you that backed the game -- it's really enabled us to push the game to new levels with the extra months of development your money has allowed us, and we hope you enjoy the fruits of our labour.

Many thanks,

The Strike Suit Zero team.

aegies

More like Colony Wars + a little ZOE. You'll probably want a controller — I hear that the strike suit itself is a bitch to handle using a flight stick, but maybe that's part of the fun. My review will hopefully go up some time this week, but illness might delay it.

ultron87

I take it the planned(?) console release is later? It might just solve my dilemma on what platform to get it on.

In a previous update said they are working on the Linux and Mac versions next. The original Kickstarter does say that they are planning to do console versions eventually though.

Why the heck wasn't the game hyped up before this?

It's kinda sad that the 1st ZOE hybrid game to come out on the PC ever for this gen is under the radar like this. Those production values look fantastic!

1stStrike

Banned
Holy fuck, the Green Man Games site isn't lying about some banks flagging their site as a gambling / fraud site. I got an email from my bank minutes after making my purchase letting me know that my card had been limited and to call the fraud hotline.

Fucking christ.

Then they asked me random questions like... name some cross streets and nearby landmarks. Naturally, I work from home and don't drive so I was like... um, I have no idea. Ask me something related to my account lol. That was an awkward phone call.

Xamdou

Holy fuck, the Green Man Games site isn't lying about some banks flagging their site as a gambling / fraud site. I got an email from my bank minutes after making my purchase letting me know that my card had been limited and to call the fraud hotline.

Fucking christ.

Then they asked me random questions like... name some cross streets and nearby landmarks. Naturally, I work from home and don't drive so I was like... um, I have no idea. Ask me something related to my account lol. That was an awkward phone call.

Your post worries me... where is GMG located anyways? I think I might wait for it to release on steam.

1stStrike

Banned
Your post worries me... where is GMG located anyways? I think I might wait for it to release on steam.

London. It's a legit site, but because I suddenly made a purchase at it (and it's been flagged as gambling site by some banks for some reason) my account got flagged.

While it's my first time buying from the site, I know they're legit and aren't going to hijack your payment details.

epmode

GMG has been perfectly fine for me for a while now. Of course, I don't give them my credit card directly and I only buy Steam stuff.

Haunted

Why the heck wasn't the game hyped up before this?

It's kinda sad that the 1st ZOE hybrid game to come out on the PC ever for this gen is under the radar like this. Those production values look fantastic!
That's why big publishers still exist. They have the marketing money and influence necessary to put a game on people's radar no matter what.

Grassroots/word of mouth marketing without a big budget is obviously much harder to pull off.

Thanks for making the OP, I'm sure I've seen the game before but it's awesome that it's done and looks pretty damn great.

Top Bottom