• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strong Bad’s Cool Game For Attractive People coming to PS3/Wii/PC/Mac. PS3 - Dec. 21

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/08/strong-bads-cool-game-ready-to-attract-new-players-on-ps3/

Telltale Games is bringing Strong Bad’s Cool Game For Attractive People from PC and Wii to Mac and PS3.

Like Telltale’s other titles, this an episodic game starring the masked man who answers e-mails from the HomeStarRunner series. In the first episode, Strong Bad wrecks HomeStarRunner’s life and HomeStarRunner ends up couchsurfing at Strong Bad’s pad. Each episode has puzzles to solve and a parody mini-game to find.

Strong Bad’s Cool Game For Attractive People makes its debut on PlayStation 3 via PlayStation Network on December 21.

Edit: Mods, please remove PC/Wii on my title, I didn't realize this game came out on PC/Wii. :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
For those that are curious, the series is probably better for existing fans of the Homestar Runner franchise. There's quite a bit of fanservice in the last couple of episodes.

Nice to see it going to other platforms. I'm a bit puzzled why it isn't coming to 360, though. I thought Telltale was doing pretty good on XBL?

markot

Banned
I dont get why telltale done put their games on all platforms, its not like they are system testers >.<

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
ZealousD said:
Nice to see it going to other platforms. I'm a bit puzzled why it isn't coming to 360, though. I thought Telltale was doing pretty good on XBL?

From another thread:

Stumpokapow said:
Telltale wants to release episodes at one a month.

With Wallace and Gromit it was one in the spring... and then the second one was going to be about 5 months later... and then the release date for that got cancelled/pushed... and then two months later episodes 2, 3, and 4 all released on the same day.

Obviously it's a scheduling / queueing thing. No one really knows the full story.

Peff

There's fanservice, but by the end of the first episode you are familiar with pretty much everyone. It's quite enjoyable too, with some cool puzzles like the food song. Although trophy whores should be careful with the collectibles, some are missable.

ZealousD

ULTROS! said:
From another thread:

Hm. I guess Microsoft just approves and releases games in order and only makes a few exceptions, like for the Summer of Arcade promotion.

Maybe they'll release it on XBL all at once?

ZealousD

Peff said:
There's fanservice, but by the end of the first episode you are familiar with pretty much everyone. It's quite enjoyable too, with some cool puzzles like the food song. Although trophy whores should be careful with the collectibles, some are missable.

Mostly referring to Episodes 4 and 5. Dageresque, Stinkoman, and Trogdor are all staples of the original website and I think existing fans will feel those two episodes are the best.

Not saying that a non-fan can't jump in and have fun, but I think it is geared more towards those who are already familiar.

Peff

ZealousD said:
Mostly referring to Episodes 4 and 5. Dageresque, Stinkoman, and Trogdor are all staples of the original website and I think existing fans will feel those two episodes are the best.

Not saying that a non-fan can't jump in and have fun, but I think it is geared more towards those who are already familiar.

Certainly, I'm just saying that someone who enjoys P&C but knows nothing about SB shouldn't let that prevent him from buying the game. The fanservice may be lost, but the parodies and crazy situations are still easily understandable, and I think they did a good job of introducing everyone in Homestar Ruiner. Of course, the more you know about it (and their other stuff like Peasant's Quest) beforehand the better.

androvsky

Sweet, this is fantastic news. Bought the series on Wiiware, and my wife and I loved it to death (she's a HUGE Homestarruner fan). Will eagerly double-dip for trophies and slightly better graphics.

FoneBone said:
That would have nothing to do with this, since this is a completed season and they appear to be releasing it all at once on PS3.

It effectively prevents them from releasing new games on XBLA, and probably reduces their eagerness to release catalog games there too, having been burned pretty badly before. Hasn't MS become stricter about who can publish on XBLA? Not being able to release any new series might completely disqualify Telltale from publishing the occasional back catalog game on XBLA.

This reminds me that homestarrunner.com is pretty much dead. :(
I know. :( I keep telling myself (and my wife) it's because the Chapmans are busy working with Telltale on another game after the Poker Night game.

And judging from some sound clips someone pulled out of the Poker Night game, they just might be

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bought this game, so much fun with the humorous dialogue. Really worth it for 15 considering the original price of the PC version.

Tizoc

Hmm sorry didn't think making a thread for this was worth it so-
I've gotten Strong Bad off EU PSN, but Ep. 4 keeps giving me an installation error at 15-16% and I can't install it.
Anyone know why this happens or a way to work around it?

TxdoHawk

I keep meaning to pick these up at some point. Played a good bit of the first one at a friend's house. The bit with the costume and some of the responses you get out of Strong Bad was pretty hilarious, in particular. "Shape of...A MORON!"

I've always wondered how many injokes I'd miss out on though...I've seen a lot of the site, but was bad with keeping up with it later on.

Tizoc

OchAyeTheNoo said:
Speculation: As far as I can tell a fail at 15% means it's a corrupt download, so try redownloading again.

Speculation+1: This seems to happen to me more often when I download in the background

Speculation+2: And it seems more reliable in general if I disable the Media Sharing when I'm having trouble.

Or that could all be voodoo...
Hmm I'm reDLing only this time not in the background.
Apparently it only Downloads til 86 MB (Full size is 97 MB).
I've asked in the Telltale forums so hopefully they can provide some assitance.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
TxdoHawk said:
I keep meaning to pick these up at some point. Played a good bit of the first one at a friend's house. The bit with the costume and some of the responses you get out of Strong Bad was pretty hilarious, in particular. "Shape of...A MORON!"

I've always wondered how many injokes I'd miss out on though...I've seen a lot of the site, but was bad with keeping up with it later on.
As long as you know the basic character stuff, you should be fine. As far as I can remember, the games are mostly based around the older "classic" home star runner jokes that everyone knows, like Trogdor and Stinkoman and such, rather than any new stuff.

Tizoc

Hmm the error code I get is: 80029653.
EDIT: Seems the error is from PSN, since it says that a minute is left, but it goes to 100%. i.e. the file on EU PSN is 86 MB.

Top Bottom