• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuck in the Past - a 33 RPM thread for vinyl listeners and collectors

Shaneus

Just an update, I ended up going with the 3 month plan, but VMP were extremely, ludicrously accommodating to my situation. Because I explained I only really wanted DD, they gave me a bit of a discount on the 3 month. Have never known a company to be so facilitating and compassionate. I think I actually might stay on after the 3 months because I'm just blown away with their customer service.
Not all vinyl labels/companies are complete cunts
iam8bit

Jarrod38

vDsZT0c.jpg

WvelPZk.jpg
Got the Mad Max Fury Road OST.

Fritz

I haven't done a collection update since the beginning of April, gird yourself:

Loving it! And am taking notes.

Edit: just returned from a flea market here in Berlin and I cannot believe how lucky I was

img_32411ok5a.jpg

The Yamashirogumi is mindblowing!

123rl

I just picked up an orange bootleg of Pearl Jam - Ten. The original release sounds much better than the remixed version from a few years ago. I'm listening to it now and it sounds lovely but it's reminded me of what an absolute classic album this is, even to this day.

Mr. Doop

Damn, it's been a while since I've posted. I think this is everything I've gotten since then. I'll just do a shot of the discog library, too.

How's the pressing of that Elliott Smith album? XO is one one of my favorite albums, but I've heard really mixed about that Plain Recordings pressing.

KXmpIxh.png

Morbid Angel (FL) - Altars of Madness (Earache; Century Media 2015)
Morbid Angel (FL) - Blessed Are the Sick (Earache; Century Media 2015)

Fritz

That's gotta be the maybe-not-entirely-official reissue from a few years ago? If it's an original, then man, you hit a jackpot.

Yes, definitely reprints. I also went back to that guys store the other day and got the Akira Symphonic Suite reissue amongst other stuff

img_32856wonz.jpg

123rl

Very nice. I want both

I picked up some new records in a sale today. UK GAF, HMV have a huge sale on this week. I got two Snow Patrol albums and The Who - BBC Sessions for £7.99 each

LaneDS

Oh no shit, the Akira reissue is out? Looks like it may have been out for a while even after searching online. Anyone have a good source to pick one up from? Was thinking about this driving home yesterday oddly enough.

123rl

Two big additions: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Indie-Anthems/release/10351934

I think this a UK exclusive but it's a compilation of 90s/00s big hitters

A1. Suede - Trash
A2 –Radiohead Just
A3 –The Charlatans One To Another
A4 –Primal Scream Movin' On Up
A5 –Super Furry Animals Juxtaposed With U
B1 –The Stone Roses Fools Gold
B2 –Kasabian Fire
B3 –Miles Kane Rearrange
B4 –The View (2) Same Jeans
B5 –The Coral Dreaming Of You
C1 –The Prodigy Breathe (Edit)
C2 –Manic Street Preachers You Love Us
C3 –Elastica (2) Waking Up
C4 –Lush Ladykillers
C5 –Sleeper (2) Inbetweener
D1 –Embrace Ashes
D2 –Travis Sing
D3 –Pixies Here Comes Your Man
D4 –Teenage Fanclub Sparky's Dream
D5 –Spiritualized Come Together

And now the big one. An album I have always loved but was yet to see it on vinyl for less than £35. Audioslave's self-titled debut!! HMV had it for £20 and I practically giggled when I saw it on the shelf

Uh, why didn't anyone tell me Nickelback was putting a bunch of their stuff out on vinyl!?

I legit preordered The Long Road. I used to love that album back in high school.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm selling some records. Figure I should let some of you folks know about it here before I take any unsold ones to the record shop to trade-in. I can only ship out on saturdays as I work during the week.

List is HERE

I'm just trying to reduce how much space these guys take up and am still combing through my collection for more to add. PM me if you're interested.

NoRéN

Hey, everyone.

I was wondering if this is the right place to ask on record player advice(advice, repair/
replacement of parts, etc)?

I was inherited a big record player and need some assistance on getting it playing. Thank you!

wenis

NoRéN;242039952 said:
Hey, everyone.

I was wondering if this is the right place to ask on record player advice(advice, repair/
replacement of parts, etc)?

I was inherited a big record player and need some assistance on getting it playing. Thank you!

make/model?

LaneDS

Going to quote myself from the VG vinyl thread to see if I get more feedback:

How prevalent is scamming on Discogs? Ordered a vinyl (non-gaming, sorry!) and while the guy's page listed "credit card and bank transfer" in messages and the invoice he pretty much insisted on an international wire transfer. Despite being a member from 2012 all his sales feedback is from this month, so I decided to cancel the order after finding out wiring money internationally isn't super easy (plus, of course, it seemed shady as heck). Anyone run into that kind of thing before? Not willing to gamble the money to find out if it's legit, since it's a rare release.

Going to quote myself from the VG vinyl thread to see if I get more feedback:

Scams occasionally happen on Discogs and like with all the online sales, wire transfer is the best way to lose your money.

The feedback part sounds shady too, so I'd say that you did the right thing.

wenis

if a seller on discogs doesn't use papypal or isn't local for me to pick it up in person, I'll never go through with the transaction.

LaneDS

Scams occasionally happen on Discogs and like with all the online sales, wire transfer is the best way to lose your money.

The feedback part sounds shady too, so I'd say that you did the right thing.

if a seller on discogs doesn't use papypal or isn't local for me to pick it up in person, I'll never go through with the transaction.

Thanks guys- I feel better hearing others would have also backed away. The price being a good deal lower than what other sellers had it up for was another red flag I didn't immediately consider- just got an alert about a new listing and decided to go for it without looking too closely.

I would normally never go through a seller that didn't have PayPal as a payment option, but this one time I made an exception for a very rare LP. Guy was in I think Germany and only accepted Western Union. Thing was, he seemed to be an experienced seller and his Discogs feedback was perfect. The transaction, though somewhat awkward for me, was seen through without a hitch. I would do it again under the same circumstances for something that was too rare to pass up.

Top Bottom