Students hate toxic masculinity...... But can't define what it is

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I feel like vids like this pop up all the time for a variety of aims for other side.

Catch some kid on the street, let em embarras themselves, profit

I posted one a week or two ago involving Trump supporters being “tricked” by quotes and all that

finowns

May 10, 2009
Our best and brightest these people will be in charge of our great institutions thank god.

It's not totally their fault though.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
I feel like vids like this pop up all the time for a variety of aims for other side.

I posted one a week or two ago involving Trump supporters being “tricked” by quotes and all that
I think it shows how less these children actually understand from the real world. It is kind of scary that these people will be the future leaders etc. I also loved the gender studies women who tried really hard to remember the shit they had told her in her classes XD

for more Hilarity:

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
I mean, I thought their definition was fine.. considering the complexity of the topic on top of being put on the spot in front of a camera. good try though.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
I'll never understand why gender studies is a thing and the type of people who would waste money on that shit.

Kingwingin.

Oct 24, 2017

Yeah but your example was shitty in that other thread.

These are society changing topics, your example was some obscure quote from hitler about magicians be liars

JareBear

Gold Member
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I think videos like this are fine and in good fun. My issue arose when people using them as a “smoking gun” like “ALL LIBS” or “ALL TRUMPETS.”

These kids don’t speak for me. They don’t represent me.

One of the more recent cases of toxic masculinity, or my definition of it, is the case of Jordan McNair and Maryland Football. Read the story yourself, but basicslly a football player was killed by heat stroke (but really criminal negligence of the training staff) after being initially refused treatment by trainers and a coach who suspected McNair was just “being a pussy,” and needed to “man up and nut up.”

I’m sure he would have loved to “rub some dirt on it” and rejoin drills, but he was dying. Go figure, and be did die.

That’s toxic masculinity.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Most people can't define the things they hate. The fear of the unknown/icky is a significant driving factor in their hate.

I mean, don't you hate the things that make you go yikes?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
As far as I'm aware the most modern rendition of toxic masculinity stems from the mythopoetic men's movement (thanks Beau) which is a men's rights activist group from the 80's. They were mostly middle-class men who struggled with a lack of identity as society evolved and they saw the burden placed on young men to be as financially successful as they could possibly be, stripping men of their fatherhood and brotherhood as men spent less and less time with their families and friends and more time working. These men did not care about politics but looked down on self-identified "alpha males" who were needlessly competitive rather than friends and brothers-in-arms who worked to support their communities. They felt men were suffering emotionally and mentally as being expressive was considered embarrassing and they criticized feminism for shunning the differences between men and women rather than celebrating them.

I don't agree with them on certain things like treating equality as some sort of zero sum game where women and men fight to take away from each other among other things but they had some good ideas nestled amongst their idealism. To be fair they did do some pretty weird stuff like do a bunch of tribal native American dances but I guess don't knock it till you try it.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
The stillness of time.
These are literally the kinds of content i 100% ignore all the time. It revolves around questioning that simply has zero interest for me to discuss, and that would be my answer too: It does not interest me.

If some chicklet or manbro translates that to ''Oh so you don't care about feelings/equal rights'' i would say that this is their own perjorative and their own conclusion.

There are better equations to solve on this planet than toxic masculinity. Its just another buzzword in a string of buzzwords, or, for the users participating, another supposed weapon to turn the consensus.

Focus on being a better person all around no matter whether you are black, white, girl, guy, trans, lesbian or spaghetti monster. How about that? No toxic masculinity needed for execution.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
The stillness of time.
This is toxic masculinity isn’t it?

Why are you linking a picture of yourself after submitting a GAFfession? Is this what happens when you go into a cum closet? Or is this the resultant infection from too much exposure to [vis_name] Tag Syndrome?

Cosmogony

Jul 11, 2018
I think videos like this are fine and in good fun. My issue arose when people using them as a “smoking gun” like “ALL LIBS” or “ALL TRUMPETS.”

These kids don’t speak for me. They don’t represent me.

One of the more recent cases of toxic masculinity, or my definition of it, is the case of Jordan McNair and Maryland Football. Read the story yourself, but basicslly a football player was killed by heat stroke (but really criminal negligence of the training staff) after being initially refused treatment by trainers and a coach who suspected McNair was just “being a pussy,” and needed to “man up and nut up.”

I’m sure he would have loved to “rub some dirt on it” and rejoin drills, but he was dying. Go figure, and be did die.

That’s toxic masculinity.
And you would characterize that anedocte as typical, would you?

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
I will never cease to be entertained by how threatened some men feel now that toxic masculinity is no longer being tolerated in mainstream society. As if by some miracle if they get mad enough and throw a big enough fit people will suddenly be fine with letting them go back to behaving in such a way lol

Last edited:

7echnicolor

May 19, 2010
I will never cease to be entertained by how threatened some men feel now that toxic masculinity is no longer being tolerated in mainstream society. As if by some miracle if they get mad enough and throw a big enough fit people will suddenly be fine with letting them go back to behaving in such a way lol
Gillette is not for sensitive skin.

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
I don't know, if you piss these hyper masculine guys enough they might just kick the shit out of you.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
I don't know, if you piss these hyper masculine guys enough they might just kick the shit out of you.
Point them out. People here hide behind words not offending anyone so they can continue their internet tough guy act.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
Its basically just people saying what they think society wants them to say and they say these buzzwords so they dont get into trouble with insane people/can go about their day in peace.
I dont fault them for not going against blatant nonsense/leftwing new speak this isnt everyones cup of tea or even interest, its all not so different to your average no clue lefty trying to buy status on social media by repeating nonsense and buzzwords.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
Someone will have to prove it existed first.

Mar 7, 2018
People are dumb. This is just a glorified "suffrage is bad".

Anyways, I've never heard the term "toxic masculinity" in real life and if I do I will make sure to look at the other person like he/she's an idiot.

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
My definition.

Toxic Masculinity is creating an environment where male behavior that is inappropriate is either condoned or rewarded. For example, openly calling a women a bitch or a whore in your place of work and not being reprimanded for it.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
My definition.

Toxic Masculinity is creating an environment where male behavior that is inappropriate is either condoned or rewarded. For example, openly calling a women a bitch or a whore in your place of work and not being reprimanded for it.
Or treating a woman like an object rather than a person and being congratulated for it.

Aug 21, 2018
My definition.

Has female ever get in trouble for calling male asshole?

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
Has female ever get in trouble for calling male asshole?

I'll be the first one to say things are unbalanced, for instance I have not noticed hardly any punishment for a women being sexually aggressive or saying inappropriate things.

Sofia Vergara comes to mind but there are others. Women get to sell and use sex to get ahead, men not so much.

Last edited:

quickwhips

Jan 26, 2009
My definition.

Well I hate to break it to you but some women are bitches and some guys are assholes. When people act a way they need to be reprimanded but sometimes no one does that so as an office group people go that girls is an asshole or that guys a bitch. The truth is some people think their important but they aren’t.

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
I'll be the first one to say things are unbalanced, for instance I have not noticed hardly any punishment for a women being sexually aggressive or saying inappropriate things.

Sofia Vergara comes to mind but there are others. Women get to sell and use sex to get ahead, men not so much.
Something I can agree with, and women wanting the best of both worlds is rather annoying.
This is true for violence aswell. If you slap a dude you'll get a "go girl" reaction, if you hit a girl you'll end up in jail.

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
Well I hate to break it to you but some women are bitches and some guys are assholes. When people act a way they need to be reprimanded but sometimes no one does that so as an office group people go that girls is an asshole or that guys a bitch. The truth is some people think their important but they aren’t.
Indeed some people think they are very important, they usually talk a lot. I guess they like hearing the sound of their own voice. That said whether you think someone is a bitch or an asshole, you should keep that to yourself unless you must confront them on it.

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
Something I can agree with, and women wanting the best of both worlds is rather annoying.
This is true for violence aswell. If you slap a dude you'll get a "go girl" reaction, if you hit a girl you'll end up in jail.
I'll tell you what I do. I tell you right now people don't like this from me because it's like I'm trying to beat the system.

I like staying single and only have sex with certain women. The women I turn down are sometimes good looking but I stick to my code. At the end of the day I know ones I decide against don't care about what happens to me, so I got to look out for myself. People don't understand this way of living but it's not for them to understand, it's my life.

quickwhips

Jan 26, 2009
Indeed some people think they are very important, they usually talk a lot. I guess they like hearing the sound of their own voice. That said whether you think someone is a bitch or an asshole, you should keep that to yourself unless you must confront them on it.
I think I’ll keep calling people on their bullshit. It’s gotten me far in life by being honest and transparent as I can. People know what to expect from me. I respect people to have their own opinions so thanks for providing yours.

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
Toxic masculinity is really just the lack of positive masculine influence.

Gander

Banned
May 17, 2018
Toxic masculinity is really just the lack of positive masculine influence.
Sometimes it's a numbers game. You can have a CEO that has the right mindset on how to treat women and all his top female executives love working for him. How about down in the trenches though? Do his 1000 of employees share his same vision? They could say here in this section of the company we are going to do things our way and hope none of the top brass finds out.

Last edited: