• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Studio Liverpool on Wipeout 2048 page: " WE. ARE. ALIVE. " [Well, not really]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes, it's a first-party IP.

I'm completely in favor of the next Wipeout being PS4 exclusive, but I wonder if Sony would be interested in allowing a third party to publish a multi-platform game, al la Wipeout N64.

I imagine that if they were so interested in the continued selling power of the Wipeout brand, they never would closed the studio in the first place,

I've been sent this (I'm an admin at GRcade where the story of Sony Liverpool closing originally broke):

ipCWIuevQV73W.gif

androvsky

Every time I see the Wipeout 2048 gif in this thread, I wonder if the 2025 segment was so long and detailed because they just pulled in assets from the PS4 launch title they're working on...

That Tweet should not have been posted, Studio Liverpool is closed, there is no new Wipeout game. Ami Nakajima was not released [I wonder why ;) ], she was just tweeting to say that she "is still alive". Which is pretty tactless.

She is "WE ARE"? Seems unlikely.

Drencrom

I've been sent this (I'm an admin at GRcade where the story of Sony Liverpool closing originally broke):

Why would they/she do this if true?

The fuck is up with posting that shit on their offical Wipeout 2048 twitter and their facebook page? Also, emphasis on the "WE".

That really doesn't make sense. Why would she use "we" to say that she's still alive? And why we should even use the 2048 account to post that when she regularly updates her own twitter account?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Every time I see the Wipeout 2048 gif in this thread, I wonder if the 2025 segment was so long and detailed because they just pulled in assets from the PS4 launch title they're working on...

Ha, I was going to joke that maybe it came from their 'target render' for the PS4 game ;)

This is a cruel thought now :(

wrowa

I'm completely in favor of the next Wipeout being PS4 exclusive, but I wonder if Sony would be interested in allowing a third party to publish a multi-platform game, al la Wipeout N64.

I imagine that if they were so interested in the continued selling power of the Wipeout brand, they never would closed the studio in the first place,

I never understood the story behind Wipeout 64 btw. At the time Psygnosis was already owned by Sony, but they still developed (and published?) a game for the N64. What happened there?

Look guys. I used to work for Sony, I still know people that do (including people at Liverpool), I was told that things were moving with them getting set up somehow (whether its with SCEE or independent), and from this update today I can only assume it's gone through. I've asked the people I know for an update.

I am not bullshitting, I want this team alive as much as anyone else :)

Look guys. I used to work for Sony, I still know people that do (including people at Liverpool), I was told that things were moving with them getting set up somehow (whether its with SCEE or independent), and from this update today I can only assume it's gone through. I've asked the people I know for an update.

I hope against hope you are right bro.

My emotions are being toyed with. =[

androvsky

Ha, I was going to joke that maybe it came from their 'target render' for the PS4 game ;)

This is a cruel thought now :(

It's also a great way to prep the fanbase for a wheeled entry to the franchise. It's the type of thing that'd seem very obvious in retrospect, I think. :)

I'm still skeptical about the bad news, it's pretty odd for a single person to refer to herself as a plurality, in all caps, to state the obvious that she is still alive on an account meant for a studio whose existence is in question.

Corto

What's strange is that no one seems to have picked on that post on twitter/facebook to get some kind of a confirmation. But there was no debunk also... Damn! And thanks for your posts, I hope you keep posting as candidly as you can.

Takao

Banned
I never understood the story behind Wipeout 64 btw. At the time Psygnosis was already owned by Sony, but they still developed (and published?) a game for the N64. What happened there?

Sony kind of operated them like they did Sony Online Entertainment. They could play in their own sandbox as long as they supported Sony hardware. They were official merged with SCE once they became Sony Liverpool and that's when those other shenanigans were put to a stop.

Empty

That really doesn't make sense. Why would she use "we" to say that she's still alive? And why we should even use the 2048 account to post that when she regularly updates her own twitter account?

"we" as in the wipeout 2048 twitter and facebook marketing pages which are still alive and being updated with news on things like psn sales and press awards as she's kept her job.

there's still holes though: why keep a person to just do that job which is minimal and who is quite so dumb as to not realize how this would be interpreted.

It's also a great way to prep the fanbase for a wheeled entry to the franchise. It's the type of thing that'd seem very obvious in retrospect, I think. :)

I'm still skeptical about the bad news, it's pretty odd for a single person to refer to herself as a plurality, in all caps, to state the obvious that she is still alive on an account meant for a studio whose existence is in question.

Yes and post a WipEout pic along with it, just doesn't make sense.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

I'd love to know the back-story there too. IIRC it wasn't the only game Psygnosis planned for N64...think they were planning a version of O.D.T. too.

I guess the setup between Sony and devs it owned at the time was kind of different.

Sony kind of operated them like they did Sony Online Entertainment. They could play in their own sandbox as long as they supported Sony hardware. They were official merged with SCE once they became Sony Liverpool and that's when those other shenanigans were put to a stop.

Hmm. Interesting.

rvy

Banned
Thank Goodness! The Bayonetta creator hates Sony anyhow, so you knwo this was coming. I'm surprised if he even finishes DmC fro PS3 and doesn't just leave it a buddy piece of crap on purpose....

I'm glad to hear on the first part....I just need more coffee I guess because I thought he was it's creator as well....

The second part is up in the air, hasn't he trashed Sony a few times on twitter the past couple months? That of Nintendo just moneyhatted it...

Uh... I'll settle with "LOL".

Acosta

I'm going with this.

First because I refuse to believe someone is that stupid to tweet and put it in the official fb page just because.

Second because I need to believe.

Skyzard

Banned
"we" as in the wipeout 2048 twitter and facebook marketing pages which are still alive and being updated with news on things like psn sales and press awards as she's kept her job.

there's still holes though: why keep a person to just do that job which is minimal and who is quite so dumb as to not realize how this would be interpreted.

Cue major fucking resentment. Wipeout team or broke.

That's why

Drencrom

B E L I E V E

Lol Feisar, wouldn't bang.

I only go for the classy Icaras ladies

:lol

SSReborn

What's strange is that no one seems to have picked on that post on twitter/facebook to get some kind of a confirmation. But there was no debunk also... Damn! And thanks for your posts, I hope you keep posting as candidly as you can.

A couple sites have picked up on it including NowGamer they contacted Sony but no updates as of now

Top Bottom