• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stunning Jet Set Radio spiritual successor coming to Switch/PC in 2022 and other consoles a week later.

Marty-McFly

Banned
Team Reptile will release Bomb Rush Cyberfunk for Switch as a timed console exclusive alongside its previously announced PC (Steam) version in 2022, the developer announced. “Other platforms,” which were not specified, will launch a week later.

This one week of time exclusivity from Team Reptile is pretty weird but Switch and PC are always getting perks from indies.

Anyway this game looks rad.

I'm the biggest Dreamcast fan around and JSR was tops. Can't wait.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Skateboard > Rollerblades

George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

YCoCg

Guys this isn't exactly new, it's been shown for nearly a year, if SEGA actually cared or gave a damn they would've acted already.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I don't understand the people thinking this they're gonna get sued.

Similar games? Absolutely. But as long as no JGR or JSRF assets are being used / characters / names / etc, it seems perfectly legal to me.

00_Zer0

News about this game has been out there for awhile now, but now is getting more hype because of a Switch release. Btw, as others have said, spiritual successors are free from copyright infringement. As long as the developers don't reuse assets from the original game they will be fine. What makes this really funny, is that Hideki Naganuma, the original composer of JSR, is also doing the music for this release. Sega has no issues with all the Sonic fan games or mods, so they will not go after this developer either, especially since it's just a spiritual successor.

Last edited:

lachesis

Well, I'm definitely picking this one up one way or another, as I love Hideki Naganuma's JSR music.

Only issue is whether I should for the Switch, or PC. If Switch can run this game at solid 60fps, I will go with Switch... if not go with PC.

lachesis

Why is it so hard to do some simple AA for the cell shaded game, I wonder...?
I've been playing Persona 5 Strikers, and the aliasing on the game quite something too - and I noticed this game also has so much aliasing going on.
Please... just clean up the edges a bit for the final release.

Markio128

My lasting memory of JSR is the music, not necessarily the gameplay, or even the visuals, which were unique at the time, but not so much nowadays.

ShinobiWan1

Looks fantastic! I hope it will have a create your own graffiti option! I LOOOVED making my stuff, and then seeing them on the walls!

Jet Grind Radio DC

R6YdBJ9.jpg

BEFXswW.jpg

QUfYECl.jpg

JSRF Xbox

9ZOvQmE.jpg

(Warcraft III had just released)

0wUcJse.jpg

YBSShWc.jpg

7Q19ML8.jpg

R5PN4OG.jpg

SUPER happy to hear that Hideki Naganuma is on board! This used to be the song playing on my old Myspace page LOL

My lasting memory of JSR is the music, not necessarily the gameplay, or even the visuals, which were unique at the time, but not so much nowadays.

Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox cleaned up the controls, they were a lot tighter! I highly recommend it! (only available on the Xbox, but it's backwards compatible on the 360!!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom