• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondorfo

I have firefox, how can I disable GIFS with firefox and if I want to see them, enable them? Because its annoying entering a thread thats full of gifs.

Magnus

Mac gestures; one in particular ain't working all the time! It's like its functionality is being randomly shut on and off behind the scenes. It's a three-finger swipe to go back/forward in folders and web page navigation.

What gives?! :(

Second question:

Does NeoGAF now have built-in user/quote highlighting? I see a super faint light blue tint to my post. I used to have a much bolder blue for my posts and quotes and want that back, but a recent fresh OS install has left me with a barebones install of Safari. How do I reinstall that extension for Safari and modify its colour? Thanks!

edit- Found the solution myself to my second question.
http://code.google.com/p/neogaf-enhancements/

nan0

I'm looking for a rock song that was popular in the 90s (but it might be from the 80s as well, they just often played it in the radio back then). Unfortunately I don't remember anything beside some vague lyrics, it sounded like "Violate it, Violate it" or "Violated, Violated" to me as a kid, but I didn't speak any english back then. I think that it sounded similar to Europe's "The Final Countdown", and had a fairly long instrumental intro. Anyone got a faint idea of what it could be?

Found it, it was Living on my Own from Freddie Mercury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VgN1qlLpkE

He didn't sing "Violate it", but "Dee do de de". D:

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Help me, please:

short time ago, somebody posted an iPhone / universal phone car holder from a startup company. the model was just a small piece of plastic with springs in it. I'm looking for that.

thanks in advance!

Do pot cookies actually do anything?

I'm not much of a pot smoker, but I do enjoy the high off a joint once in a blue moon, never had those pot cookies. the concept sounds ridiculous, why wold I want to eat marijuana?

But anyway, a friend wants to try it, should I buy them or waste of money?

I don't like bad trips with weed... specially with crappy weed. I just get headaches and become agitated.

basically how different of a high is cookie bud vs, smoking a bowl or a J?

I'm no expert but my understanding is that its not great taking it in that way as you have no control over how much you're ingesting. So you could get yourself wayyyyyyyyyy past the point where you want to be ... or conversely, nothing happens.

Cranzor

I just bought a pretty cheap desktop microphone. When I listen back to the audio it records, it rings the entire time in the background. It isn't USB, it just goes into a microphone jack. The headphone jack next to it is horrible, so I'm wondering if the microphone jack is bad too. Could buying a converter so that I could use it with a USB port help? Or is something wrong with the microphone itself?

I'm no expert but my understanding is that its not great taking it in that way as you have no control over how much you're ingesting. So you could get yourself wayyyyyyyyyy past the point where you want to be ... or conversely, nothing happens.

Thanks, good insight, looks like I would do better if I just stick to the traditional, marijuana cigarette (is that what the cool kids call it these days?) I may just take a bite or two off of her cookie! ;)

"I did it all for the nookie C'mon
So you can take that cookie..."

So, if your the CEO of a company and somehow you own 51 percent of the stocks and shares...

Does that mean you technically can't be forced down by the Board and you pretty completely control the company absolutely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom