• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sucker Punch teasing something!!

Bukana

From their facbook page:

33940_420934954597126_136320256391932_1508093_1813622966_n.jpg

181361_424737630883525_1681915570_n.jpg

inFamous 3 for PS3/Vita !?
Or their new Open World unannounced title !?

Irish

Hm... I really hope SP don't go generic for their new IP. Still, it is probably guaranteed to have the tightest controls on the market.

TripOpt55

I'd love to see a new Sucker Punch game at E3 but don't really want Infamous 3. At least not one that follows either ending of Infamous 2. I really like the series, but after the end of I2, I don't really want a sequel. They're a fantastic developer though so I'll be interested in whatever they announce. I guess I just prefer it not be that.

I'm watching all the inFamous 1 and 2 trailers...This made me remember the redesigned Cole. I wonder if they slightly changed Cole's design again? I would like a more preferable look of inFamous 1 and 2 Cole, combined.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Not at all convinced either of these images is indicative of the studio actually having something to announce in the near future.

Don't really see how Infamous 3 could happen...not for the obvious reason
Cole dying in one ending
but for how they could possibly follow up both endings
one where the vast majority of people on Earth die, and one where they don't
in the same game. think about how different the worlds left after either ending must be
sure, they could just say in one version that humanity's rebuilding somehow and that's how we'd have a city full of regular joes, but would it really make sense to do that and have a version of the story where the apocalypse didn't happen at all?

Or they could ignore either the 'good' or 'bad' ending completely and just run with one or the other...but that wouldn't really be satisfying, I don't think.

Danielsan

At the very least I hope they're mo-capping enemies with guns. Another shooter is probably the last thing I'm looking forward to from them.

Slime

Banned
In context these don't seem like teases of some imminent announcement, just day-to-day stuff. Not saying they aren't going to use their mocap tech in inFamous 3 and that staff meeting is unrelated, but I wouldn't get too hyped about an E3 announcement/GT reveal or anything like that.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Don't really see how Infamous 3 could happen...not for the obvious reason
Cole dying in one ending
but for how they could possibly follow up both endings
one where the vast majority of people on Earth die, and one where they don't
in the same game. think about how different the worlds left after either ending must be
sure, they could just say in one version that humanity's rebuilding somehow and that's how we'd have a city full of regular joes, but would it really make sense to do that and have a version of the story where the apocalypse didn't happen at all?

Or they could ignore either the 'good' or 'bad' ending completely and just run with one or the other...but that wouldn't really be satisfying, I don't think.

agreed. just go to the facebook page and READ. they are testing gear and having a normal meeting. how that equates to a new game is questionable.

Slime

Banned
By the way, wtf kind of gun is that? Mini-rocket launcher?

6355221ccb01_a400.jpg

It just says they're testing their new tech. Doubt they're actually intending to use the results of this particular session in anything.

Is that a new kind of Mo-Cap Suit-(Tech)? Never seen one like this before. Looks neat, and very Tron'y.

They said on the Facebook page this variety's for small-scale use. Maybe they'll be using it for NPCs or something?

Top Bottom