• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sucker Punch's cancelled game: Prophecy

Perrott

Gold Member
I think it makes sense now why GoT took as long as it did
Yeah, this explains everything.

Prophecy is "the same project" as Ghost of Tsushima, not a cancelled title, and also the Sucker Punch game that Shu said during an interview with Kinda Funny at E3 2015 that he just had played. The thing is that around 2015/16 the concept started to slowly morph into what we now know as GOT and we know this thanks to former Sucker Punch developers who mentioned on several Glassdoor reviews that the studio's current project was going through a lot of concept changes, which sometimes meant that months of work were going to waste - something that really did hurt the morale of the team at the time.

Perrott

Gold Member
Would rather play that unfinished game than GoT.
Those interactions with the environment, the way AI was meant to work and the overall flow of the setpieces reminded me a lot to Half-Life 2 - and that's never a bad thing. Also, I like how it was set in a completely new world, that's something that I personally prefer when it comes to new IPs.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yeah, this explains everything.

Prophecy is "the same project" as Ghost of Tsushima, not a cancelled title, and also the Sucker Punch game that Shu said during an interview with Kinda Funny at E3 2015 that he just had played. The thing is that around 2015/16 the concept started to slowly morph into what we now know as GOT and we know this thanks to former Sucker Punch developers who mentioned on several Glassdoor reviews that the studio's current project was going through a lot of concept changes, which sometimes meant that months of work were going to waste - something that really did hurt the morale of the team at the time.

I'm glad the team's morale was hurt then. But this AIN'T it chief.

Looks ok if a bit derivative. I do like the idea of throwing chemicals around for use in combat and stuff. You can definitely see some of the seeds of GoT melee combat here.

Kokoloko85

I dig it. Glad we got Ghosts

Pretty surprised this got leaked. This must be the most footage of a canned game that never got announced ever

Looks Mistborn Inspired to me

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Melting metal and armor is a neat power up that would be fun to use I'm sure. You can definitely tell it's a Sucker Punch game because the main character gets nailed by projectile spam.

The armor the enemies wear is kind of dorky looking. Reminds me of Chronicles of Riddick.

Necromongers-Chronicles-Riddick.jpg

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Some cool concepts here, but definitely feels a bit bland as well. Good to know that things from it made its way into GoT. Game is so beautiful.

Aion002

Seems cool. It appears to be a more linear game, with quite a few scripted moments. Ghost is quite the opposite, I hope some day they can go back to it and finish it.

Last edited:

Hustler

Could've been promising, you can tell this is an early build and very scripted. Sort of looks like an e3 demo presentation that was meant to be shared behind closed doors. Is a bit bland looking, but that can be fixed.

samwizered

Looks pretty cool. Unfortunate that it got scrapped, but understandable that they shifted towards Ghosts of Tsushima over this. It looks pretty derivative of Assassin's Creed and similar games. Still, there are some neat mechanics on display here.

Keihart

Looks a lot like TLoU in concepts and aesthetics, like the way the camera and animations are framed and all that. Looked rough tho, i don't think i would of liked to play in that world of brown and knights, those visuals looked unisnpired.
You can see traces of GoT in here tho, i'm glad they went for GoT, feels a lot fresher and focused.

Top Bottom