• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suda 51's new PS3 project: Kurayami

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepbrown

Grasshopper Interactive's rumoured new PS3 game:

The eccentric Suda 51 harnesses the power of PS3 for a bizarre action/adventure inspired the work of existentialist writer Franz Kafka. In an unusual town full of odd locals, your stranded characters must explore the town and its castle to find a way out, using only his carried torch to light his way and to fend off the unexpected and unexplainable horrors that await. Advanced new lighting and graphic techniques are used to impress upon you the feeling of fear and loneliness (the tite "Kurayami" means "Darkness" in Japanese) as you venture through to the end of your quest.
"The player will be thus plunged in a village obscure which it will have to traverse with a torch to reach a castle and to discover his mysteries. Thanks to the power techniques of PlayStation 3, Suda Goichi intends to stress the graphic style (textures, drawings of the characters, decorations, etc.) of Kurayami so that the player can truly feel the darkness and darkness, the concept of the fear will play a very important part in the play."

49821420060422_221021_1_big.jpg

49821420060422_221023_6_big.jpg

49821420060422_221022_3_big.jpg

Sorry if dupe, I searched :/

http://uk.ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/kurayami/

reminder

Old news is old. Game was probalably cancelled long ago. First artworks showed up back in 2006, since then we haven't heard anything about it.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wasn't this put on ice some time ago? I remember Edge featured it, but it didn't have a publisher then, and didn't seem to get traction...but maybe that's changed.

Day 1. I'm all for games that have new graphical styles.

EDIT: Yeah uh didn't read the part in the OP where it says "Rumored".

EDIT: wtf, all the links are old.

deepbrown

stuburns said:
I thought this was canned years ago?
Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. It's just been posted as new on a number of websites. Shit. The Gamekyo is from 2006...but I think the Gamespy is new. Shit...shit...damn. Don't go on N4G when it's late? Umm...don't ban me please. I thought it was new...

deepbrown said:
Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. It's just been posted as new on a number of websites. Shit. The Gamekyo is from 2006...but I think the Gamespy is new. Shit...shit...damn. Don't go on N4G when it's late? Umm...don't ban me please. I thought it was new...
Seems like your pants just turned deepbrown :lol

thaOwner

deepbrown said:
n4g...LULZ

not
gamers

StuBurns

Banned
deepbrown said:
Chill out. You weren't being malicious, I'm sure the overlords shall forgive.

deepbrown

If you can confirm the Gamespy article is old - I'll not only report it on N4G, I'll get it removed immediately. :/ Why would it come up now if it's not new? I mean...did I mention David Bowie is in every video game? Am i still in Gaf's good books? :/ Oh dear. I AM David Bowie? Is that better? I'm a living legend...you can't hate me now? Can you?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's speculation that this might be the survival horror game that EA Partners and Shingi Mikami (Resident Evil 4) are working on with Grasshopper now.

If it is though, it's now actually on PS3/360/PC/Wii.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
stuburns said:
Chill out. You weren't being malicious, I'm sure the overlords shall forgive.
Well.. after Wollan's ban... its logic to freak out on a fail thread.

Old, canned, nothing in the OP indicates it's been brought back.

Suda had a habit after Killer 7 of announcing titles so they get noticed by publishers. In some cases this worked out, in others (like this one), it did not.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jvalioli said:
I didn't even notice Wollan was banned. Time to go post history searching.

deepbrown meltdown :lol
He is not banned. He is perma banned.
Poor little Wollan. ;___;

_leech_ said:
Quit living in the past, hippie.
:lol

deepbrown

clashfan said:
OP needs to be banned for getting everyone excited over nothing.
No, please no :( Sorry...man...I brought Gaf one of the best threads in a long time - I prompted a thread title change to "David Bowie is in every video game." - I brought so much love to Gaf. I also brought an interesting feature. Please. :' ( It could be a new development in this game, why else would it be brought up again?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
deepbrown said:
When was Gamespy's posted? That was what I thought was new - I just posted the concept art as context...
Well considering that is just a product page, and considering that gamespy's and IGN's product pages for Kurayami are identical and likely made at the same time, I'm going to say that the Gamespy page was created in 2006 as that is when the IGN page was made.

Fersis

deepbrown said:
No, please no :( Sorry...man...I brought Gaf one of the best threads in a long time - I prompted a thread title change to "David Bowie is in every video game." - I brought so much love to Gaf. I also brought an interesting feature. Please. :' ( It could be a new development in this game, why else would it be brought up again?
Calm down man, GAF gods will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom