• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Nailed it

Suicide-Squad-Movie-Deadshot-Story.jpg

So good

Ithil

Embracing that comic book silliness by making hawkeye custome nearly all black, widow custome all black and generic as hell and making asgardians aliens?

So no color then.

I can't believe a spy character called Black Widow wears a black costume.

Also, your point about Hawkeye makes no sense. His costume in the movies looks exactly like his Ultimate costume in the comics. That costume isn't brightly coloured. No one said all costumes have to be brightly coloured, but if they are in the comics, it's ok to embrace it.

Also what's the issue with Asgardians being aliens? They're still campy dudes in capes being dramatic all the time.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Liking that Deadshot costume. Hopefully the mask survives past the opening credits.

roknin

Will Smith looks surprisingly apt for the part...

Also, holy shit Viola Davis as Waller, perfect fit.

This gon' b gud'

Effect

Ashur is on Arrow too?! DC's just locking down the entire Spartacus cast.

Not just Arrow and Flash. They managed to get both versions Naevia. The first played Copperhead on Gotham and the second is Amanda Waller on Arrow. I was really disappointed that Agents of Shield cast Lucy Lawless this season. Was hoping one of the DC shows would have been able to get her to add to the Spartacus alum list.

I can't believe a spy character called Black Widow wears a black costume.

Also, your point about Hawkeye makes no sense. His costume in the movies looks exactly like his Ultimate costume in the comics. That costume isn't brightly coloured. No one said all costumes have to be brightly coloured, but if they are in the comics, it's ok to embrace it.

Also what's the issue with Asgardians being aliens? They're still campy dudes in capes being dramatic all the time.

The thing is, the Ultimate 'verse is all about moving away from the "ridiculousness" of the 616 'verse. Or at least it was when it started, things went pretty badly off the rails shortly thereafter.

Dysun

After further review, I really like Harley. I'm ok with this

holy shit, Deadshot in the mask is ridiculously good as well

Ithil

The thing is, the Ultimate 'verse is all about moving away from the "ridiculousness" of the 616 'verse. Or at least it was when it started, things went pretty badly off the rails shortly thereafter.

Sure, but that's one costume. Hawkeye was a SHIELD agent in the films, it would make sense for him to have his Ultimate costume. Captain America is Captain America, having a bright costume is part of the gig.

Didn't Will voice a fish in Shark Tale? I'm sure he can live with people not seeing his face for a section of the film.

lmao you could argue he demanded his face be in that too, have you seen that fish?

anyways I think he'll most certainly wear the mask in major action scenes and without it in downtime stuff.

MG310

Not just Arrow and Flash. They managed to get both versions Naevia. The first played Copperhead on Gotham and the second is Amanda Waller on Arrow.

Crazy that out of all of the male actors on the show Jai Courtney gets the most high profile work.

Akahige

All look pretty good to me, a few look like their outfits are a little too clean, Killer Croc is hard to tell how well done it will look.

Sure, but that's one costume. Hawkeye was a SHIELD agent in the films, it would make sense for him to have his Ultimate costume. Captain America is Captain America, having a bright costume is part of the gig.

Right, but my point is that it undermines the whole "comics should embrace the silliness" argument by pointing out that MCU Hawkeye's costume is based on a 'verse that was all about dodging the silliness.

And the problem with Cap's costume is that it's hideous, not that it's bright :p

Senoculum

Will Smith's gun and collar has text; assuming it fully wraps around, the full quote would read, "I am the Light, the Way, and the Truth" akin to John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life."

Yeah nothing about this seems to indicate taking itself too seriously. Look at Katana. Look at Boomerang. Look at Harley. They're having fun. Just maybe not the sort of fun some prefer.

dc's too grimdark and serious. look at that puddin' tattoo on harley's leg. where's the jokes?

This. I don't get it at all.

yeah it's a shame but he probably has a way better agent than them.

abadguy

Banned
I was afraid Harley Quinn's look would be influenced by the shitty New 52, juggalo Harley. Ah well. Smith looks decent at least.

Top Bottom