• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Game Could Be About to Be Revealed, as the Domain Just Got Registered

Bullet Club

Suicide Squad Game Could Be About to Be Revealed, as the Domain Just Got Registered

The long rumored Suicide Squad game might be about to be revealed. As spotted by ResetEra user DriftingOrbit, the suicidesquadgame.com domain just got registered this past week, on June 16th to be exact. This is usually one of the telltale signs of an incoming reveal.

The latest rumor about the Suicide Squad game came only a few days ago from Imran Khan (former Game Informer editor, now part of the Kinda Funny crew), who revealed to have heard that Batman: Arkham developer Rocksteady was working on it.

This would contradict most other rumors about the project, which suggested that Warner Bros. Montréal was to be the lead developer on the Suicide Squad game. In fact, last we heard from Kotaku, that game had actually been cancelled.

Of course, that was over three and a half years ago, and for all we know, Rocksteady might have picked it up in order to complete it. Additionally, it seems like Warner Bros. Montréal has been put on the next Batman game now.

The general consensus among leakers and insiders is that the Suicide Squad game should be heavy on co-op and GaaS (game as a service) elements, making it highly replayable and constantly updated in a way not unlike Destiny 2 or Warframe.

It is unclear whether we'll get an official announcement of the Suicide Squad game ahead of the DC Fandome event, scheduled to take place on Saturday, August 22nd starting at 6 PM BST. Warner Bros. confirmed there'll be new game announcements there.

In related Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment news, parent company AT&T is apparently looking to sell the gaming division for as much as $4 billion, according to a report shared recently by CNBC. Publishers interested in the acquisition seemingly include Electronic Arts, Activision Blizzard, and Take-Two Interactive, though the deal doesn't appear close to being completed yet.

Source: WCCFTech

hyperbertha

Should have put Rocksteady in the title OP. This is pretty big news. But suicide squad? Whyyyyyyyyyyy? Its better than superman I guess. Tho I'd much rather have a bat family game from Rocksteady, even though WB montreal is doing that apparently with their Gotham knights registration.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Should have put Rocksteady in the title OP. This is pretty big news. But suicide squad? Whyyyyyyyyyyy? Its better than superman I guess. Tho I'd much rather have a bat family game from Rocksteady, even though WB montreal is doing that apparently with their Gotham knights registration.
I'd have loved to see them try a Superman game myself. Would like to see him get a game done right. It'd be a real tough feat, and I'm not sure how I'd go around doing it. I mean, I'd have to be able to fly, and I'd have to be basically invulnerable to any normal human, else it doesn't really feel like I'm playing Superman. So, what, do I just fight kryptonite-equipped baddies? Aliens?

Much easier to fill Batman's open worlds. Street-level crime's his shindig. Superman really couldn't follow the same template.

JimiNutz

Banned
Shit I just realised.
A GTA style game set in Gotham could actually be absolutely amazing.

Playing as a villain in Gotham could be a lot of fun, especially when Batman etc come chasing after you.

Last edited:

Strider311

Very curious to see if this and the Batman game end up being real, and if so, what kind of games they are. Anyone who knows me around here knows I’m obsessed with the Arkham games.

Doom85

I'd have loved to see them try a Superman game myself. Would like to see him get a game done right. It'd be a real tough feat, and I'm not sure how I'd go around doing it. I mean, I'd have to be able to fly, and I'd have to be basically invulnerable to any normal human, else it doesn't really feel like I'm playing Superman. So, what, do I just fight kryptonite-equipped baddies? Aliens?

Much easier to fill Batman's open worlds. Street-level crime's his shindig. Superman really couldn't follow the same template.

I'd love to see basically any superhero game from Rocksteady at this point than Batman 5. Suicide Squad wouldn't have been among my highest picks certainly, but it's at least different. And if they actually make Arkham 5 focus more on the Batfamily as a whole, that would at least be a bit more unique. I better be able to play as Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Cassandra Cain/Batgirl II.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I'd love to see basically any superhero game from Rocksteady at this point than Batman 5. Suicide Squad wouldn't have been among my highest picks certainly, but it's at least different. And if they actually make Arkham 5 focus more on the Batfamily as a whole, that would at least be a bit more unique. I better be able to play as Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Cassandra Cain/Batgirl II.
Thing for me is, I actually didn't enjoy Batman's extended family in the Arkham series. I'll probably find the Suicide Squad game a lot more interesting than Gotham Knights (if that ends up being a Batfamily ensemble game).

Top Bottom