- Konami's Suikoden producer Takahiro Sakiyama mentioned that the development of Suikoden VI has already began, the game may have references to a previous Suikoden game.
People think that it might appear on Wii:
* Sakiyama didn't confirm the platform the game is being developed on. Maybe it's because of a new platform instead of PlayStation 3? (Could also be Xbox 360, or multiplatform.)
* Konami previously announced an "untitled RPG" for Wii. What if it's Suikoden VI?
* Final Fantasy XII director Yasumi Matsuno has said that Wii is "perfect for RPGs" and is making a new RPG for Wii. Maybe Konami shares his attitude?
* Wii is already getting a number of RPGs from Nintendo, Square Enix, Koei etc, so it will be a console that will have an established number RPG players.
* Suikoden has previously appeared on a Nintendo platform in the form of Suikoden Card Stories for the GBA.
* Suikoden 1 wasn't a PlayStation exclusive and Konami has supported all of the current consoles and is already supporting all the new consoles, with the most support behind Wii with 7 games.
* Suikoden has never been a graphics-intensive game, and has normally appeared on a platform weaker than the competition (PlayStation and Saturn versus Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 2 versus Xbox and Gamecube).
* Suikoden games have supported one-hand playing (all except Suikoden IV and Tactics), and the Wiimote is designed to be used with one hand.
There would be many possibilities of using the Wiimote in a Suikoden game. For example, it could be used to make battles faster with selecting commands and enemies, used to draw a figure for using Runes, and in many minigames, like fishing (which is already featured in a few Wii games) and maybe even the cooking contest (taking into account that Wii already has a Cooking Mama game).
So, what do you think and what kind of features could a Suikoden for Wii have?
To me that would be awesome. Suikoden has never been a graphically intensive game and I see no reason for it to be on PS3.....for Wii however, all sorts of possibilities pop up like how drawing runes, etc would be awesome.