• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoguy got an xbox?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yep, you read right, just this week I ordered myself an xbox!
Shocking, yes I know.

Frankly, the list of xbox only (not on pc) games was long enough for me to buy one!

I still don't belive I have one :)

Anyway, so far I rented Rallisport Challenge 2, which is pretty darn good, i'm probably going to end up picking one up. I ordered PGR2 off ebgames. And i'm going shopping for some cheap pickups later this week (and a HDTV Cable).

I'm glad I waited, but I should have been a little nicer to the system when I did not own one, although some of my arguments were justified :)

What other only on xbox games (not on PC) games would you recommend, or games that are only on consoles where the xbox version is a considerable improvement, right now my planned list is:

Voodoo Vince
Top Spin
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Ninja Gaiden
Metal Dungeon
MechAssault
Grabbed by Ghoulies
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Shenmue 2

Edit: Forgot Shenmue 2, yes its on Dreamcast, but the dreamcast controller gave me nightmares.

your list is great...

for anyone picking up an xbox, i immediately recommend:

halo
riddick
RSC2
grabbed by the ghoulies
panzer dragoon orta
PGR2
RTCW

Suikoguy said:
What other only on xbox games (not on PC) games would you recommend

The biggest ones (not on your list) by far for me, all of which should be insanely cheap, would be:

Jet Set Radio Future
Toejam and Earl III (damn the haters - it's awesome fun, especially in co-op mode)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

Especially the first two.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Even more shocking...suikoguy back on GAF !!

Wonder how long you'll last this time around... ;)

I've played the demo of GbtG with PGR2, and it wasn't fun. The idea of your second control stick used for combat sounds great on paper, but in this game, it's just not fun, and fighting becomes boring, and it feels like the game is playing for you. Really, the demo made me feel disappointed with Rare (again, see SFA).

Here's hoping Conker will kick ass as I loved the n64 game (ahead of its time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom