• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
0cxtyPg.gif

Dedicated Series OTs: (Thanks to NeoSoma, MikeHattsu and TUSR!)

Aldnoah.Zero |OT|
Free! S2 |OT|
Sailor Moon Crystal |OT|
Space Dandy |OT|
Sword Art Online 2 |OT|
Terror in Resonance |OT|
Tokyo Ghoul |OT|

---

Simulcast stream times: (Thanks to CureVylash and BGBW!)

Times are UTC/EST/PST

Monday
CR - HaNaYaMaTa - 19:00/14:00/11:00
CR - Blue Spring Ride - 19:30/14:30/11:30

Tuesday
CR - Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club! - 16:00/11:00/08:00

Wednesday
CR/FN - Free! Eternal Summer - 16:30/11:30/08:30
CR - Samurai Jam-Bakumatsu Rock - 17:00/12:00/09:00
CR - Love Stage! - 18:45/13:45/10:45
CR - Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 2wei! - 19:15/14:15/11:15
CR - Momo Kyun Sword - 19:30/14:30/11:30

Thursday
CR - Glasslip - 16:00/11:00/08:00
CR - ARGEVOLLEN - 16:30/11:30/08:30
CR- Locodol - 20:00/15:00/12:00
CR/DS - Persona 4 Golden: The Animation - 20:00/15:00/12:00
FN - Tokyo Ghoul - 17:00/12:00/09:00
FN - Terror in Resonance - 17:50/12:50/09:50
FN/DS - Black Butler Book of Circus - 20:20/15:20/12:20

Saturday
CR/HL - Sailor Moon Crystal - 11:00/06:00/03:00
CR/DS - Sword Art Online II - 17:30/12:30/09:30
CR/DS - Aldnoah Zero - 18:00/13:00/10:00
CR - Rail Wars! - 4:00(Sun)/23:00/20:00

Sunday
CR - Akame Ga Kill - 17:00/12:00/09:00
CR - DRAMAtical Murder - 19:00/14:00/11:00
CR - Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 2 - 19:30/14:30/11:30
CR - Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun - 20:05/15:05/12:05
FN - Space☆Dandy 2nd Season - 15:30/10:30/07:30

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation
HL = Hulu
DS = Daisuki

For everything that's airing this season (click to embiggen):

Soma

Really creative OP.

And oddly positive with hardly a hint of snarky negativity towards the new season?

This is new AnimeGAF is scary.

Wall of shame
Code:
cajunator			805
Admiral Woofington		564
Narag				365
MetroidPrimeRib			330
MikeHattsu			312
Chariot				281
Theonik				269
TUSR				255
firehawk12			238
Articalys			238
PshycoNinja			237
Dedication Through Light	235
R_thanatos			229
Jexhius				222
nintendoman58			221
phoenix296			208
Jarmel				200
fertygo				198
BGBW				197
Clov				192
KirbYuuYuu			182
cnet128				180
Link Man			170
ZachDeKoromaru			164
Jintor				144
Hattori				144
jman2050			130
Midonin				129
Shard				126
/XX/				126
Syrinx				117
Rhapsody			117
Mokoi				113
AnathemicOne			113
duckroll			111
Ice Lightning			107
Lurky				100

Heh... Got into the top 5.

jgminto

Pretty excited for Summer! 'Tis the season for hot doodz and potential gayness!

Guess I'll repost this here since I just posted it.

Bakumatsu Rock 1

Defeat the tyranny of Idol Culture with the power of Rock and mild nudity!!! This seems like a fun show, all the ridiculous designs and light hearted stuff characters really added to it. The part about people winning concert tickets through buying stuff was spot on too. The CG was pretty bad though, worse than Beck even. I wish music anime would go rotoscope over CG for instrument close ups. Also Katsura is a total cutie, need to see the shot of him in the ED without the foreground shot!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is, is this the 90's!?

The perfect way to start Summer OT.

Free Eternal Summer 1

The water animation is great! Bunch of service for those who like tight muscle. OLDCODEX still awesome, and that Ending is still bananas.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The sad thing about the OT is that I'm about as anti-hyped for Crystal as I can get at this point but I promised Hito I'd pimp it in his stead
e39PQsh.png
RIP.

Mokoi

Banned
Free! Eternal Summer Episode 1

Well that was interesting. I may have just watched only the OP an ED but they were good. Not the worst I've seen; however, certainly not the best. Also the water animation looks really smooth like they have a budget compared to some shows. I won't be continuing this series though. Not the best webm to show it, but still that water looks nice.

http://a.pomf.se/nucnmp.webm

Rail Wars gonna be the sht

I'll give it a shot, along with generic Xebec mecha(?) Argevellon.

Will wait on Glasslip impressions, and I might watch Tokyo Ghoul. Read some of the manga and it didn't really hook me.

Just realized I'm going to be watching 6 shows on Saturdays. At least Sailor Moon isn't weekly and I don't care much about Captain Earth right now.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
There's like two more days of BULLSHIT before SAO2. Grrrrr! I just want to go into hibernation for 48 hours :(

fertygo

Sengoku Basara Two (rewatch) - 05

This writing is just too good for game adaptation man, love the whole episode is about the man that reflecting to his past, the dialogue also pretty great.

S3 please doesn't disappoint ;__;

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Depends on what you're looking for from it. If you're looking for an action oriented anime you wont find it in Ergo Proxy. I say give it at least to episode 11. I think that episode gives a clear understanding of what Ergo Proxy is trying to do.

I'll give it a shot. That's been my biggest problem so far, is not knowing what exactly it's trying to do or where it's going. It started off well enough but started to get dull once Vincent left the city. I wasn't looking for something like E7 when I started watching Ergo Proxy. EP was just something I had been curious about for a little while since it reminded me of Texhnolyze a bit for some reason.

duckroll

I was actually about to delete a bunch of posts in the other thread and reprimand people for image spamming. Then I realized it was really just a cry for help because it needed to be closed. Lolz.

Thoraxes

So it ended. Rest in peace, Spring ;__;
And somehow it ended with Nico. Goddamnit, Jintor.

Jintor did the Lord's work.
I was actually about to delete a bunch of posts in the other thread and reprimand people for image spamming. Then I realized it was really just a cry for help because it needed to be closed. Lolz.

It's the only time. We waited so long for you to euthanize it ;_;

Soma

It needs to be the 8th already.

I wanna read more Nozaki-kun but the translations are sooooooooooooooo bad.

Jintor

You posted the wrong idol.

I believe you'll find I posted the correct idol

I guess I'm watching Nozaki-kun and Dandy s2 this season? And whatever else pops up on Crunchy that I want to look at I guess. Still gotta catch up on other stuff though.

Atelier Escha & Logy - Alchemists of the Dusk Sky 1-12

I enjoyed the series overall. Though I admit they never really got the whole Alchemy feel of the series down, felt more like a SoL thing. Really just makes me want to play the game even more.

Space Dandy 1-13 END

The people here who were saying that the back half of the show is where it hits its stride were completely dead on. But with that being said, most of the first half till 9 is rough as hell. Barring the great zombie episode, the vibrant playfulness of the overall production is forced to work with these pedestrian takes on various tried and true premises. Its got the tag along kid road trip, the dog episode, the two feuding sides that are more similar than they realize, the monster disguised as a human, and each of these were executed in such a by the numbers fashion that came across as a waste of the talent involved. The main things that were carrying me along for the ride were the playful attitudes of its cast, the consistently high production values, and the hope that the wait would be worth it.

And boy was it worth it.

From episode 9 and on, it was clear to me that things were switching gears towards the more experimental both in premise and visual style. They started playing up the endless potential of an unshackled sci-fi universe even more, like with the library planet in episode 11 or the super abstract planet inhabited by sentient plants. Even the writing for the less experimental ones like the Groundhog's day episode or the Chameleonian episode were way more on point in execution, even managing to succeed in the more sentimental moments. And the whole thing ends fantastically with a huge bang that left me very excited for the S2 premiere this weekend.

It may have been spotty initially, but the highs of the back half are so great. I really hope S2 can continue off of it from the get-go.

Necessary Rankings:
13 > 4 > 12 > 9 > 10 > 11 > 8 > 5 > 2 > 7 > 6 > 1 >>> 3

Mortemis

Banned
Lol, didn't even notice there's a P4G anime coming out.

So I guess all there is for me this season is Dandy and Nozaki-kun. May try out that Urobutcher series just because, but other than that this should be enough until fall.

Stulaw

I watched the first episode of Sabegebu! A few days ago and thought showed some nice potential and made me want to try Airsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom