• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure 16

iBOyD8apnR1ir.gif
indnD1QUjFLyM.gif

Ugh that was a bad episode, paparazzi lady was just as annoying and obnoxious as I expected, she apparently loves Precure and shows this by reporting on their defeats around the world,sure. But we got the Coconut Samba and it was everything i dreamed of and more so it's not all bad

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why does every PreCure have dead eyes.

They just get deader and deader.

CorvoSol

The Big O eps 10 are the best robot show episode.

Not gonna lie. Just watched this episode today, and it is pretty dang good. Focuses on Dastun, introduces Alex Rosewater, the concept of the Union, and that good old flashback stuff.

For Eureka Seven, though, I still feel like the last episode is the best.

Umm... What?

Enjoy!

I think in this day and age its almost impossible not to be spoilered. I doubt that phoenix choose the show by random.

All I know about it is that there is a boat that is very nice and that the MC likes to make banana muffins.

It's a watchbet with Mike. I'm going in pretty blind actually. It was okay if a bit boring for the first 20 mins. Then that ending... I don't know what to expect any more.

I went in with even less knowledge than phoenix then. Anyway, it's also about the ride and not just the boat.

apparently crunchyroll is doing one of those ama things on reddit tomorrow

somebody better ask why the regular browser player sucks so much while the PS4 one seems to be not stutter every 4 seconds.

Hopefully they get flooded by questions about the lack of 1080p support for the PS3 app.

The mobile app only plays 720p right?

There was a guy answering Crunchyroll questions here last night:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121363444&postcount=129

Permed. rip chickdigger.

Ouch. RIP.

Mokoi

Banned
P4G 1-2

Heh, it's nice to see Marie's social link getting followed. The fight scene with Izanagi was really something, and the pacing of the second episode was too fast for me. It's pretty much what I expected, and I'm enjoying it for the most part. Also I prefer the english voice actors.

If it weren't for Chiffon I would wholeheartedly recommend Fresh. But Chiffon. God damn it.

Chiffon isn't that bad considering the other shit I've put up with.

I really wish that Nuts and Coco didn't get neutered with the worst possible voices though. Could've been best fairies character wise if it wasn't for that

Chariot

I went in with even less knowledge than phoenix then. Anyway, it's also about the ride and not just the boat.
I was bored by the ride. In the last third it got mildy interesting and the last episode was funny as hell, but before that... the only reason I even made it that far was that I had my never drop policy at that time.

Is there a youtube of this?
I can't give you the YouTube, but I have the Dailymotion.

BluWacky

Terror Moe 2

There's an Oedipus manga?

9ded143158ff79e977eaa27dd32071ecd82cd474_l.jpg

(technically this is an anthology that contains a chapter telling "The Tragedy of King Oedipus", as well as the Antigone myth and other lesser known stories like Niobe)

I haven't seen the episode yet, but in response to some of the complaints about "how everyone knows the Oedipus story" we are somewhat biased in that we've grown up in the Western literary tradition where that riddle is commonplace. While the idea of the Sphinx itself probably isn't alien to Japanese audiences (because Egypt), my guess would be it would be like if we were being asked to solve a riddle from a story like Momotaro or Kaguya-hime. Sure, some people will know it - but not everyone.

(I know those two fables don't have riddles in them but the point still stands).

PS - boring katakana fact - Oedipus's name is rendered オイディプス (OIDIPUSU) in katakana, as per its original Greek pronunciation. The Oedipus complex, however, as in the psychological term, uses the spelling エディプス (EDIPUSU), because that's what the German pronunciation is that Sigmund Freud would have used.

Jex

Well said, Blu. Many of us have a familiarity with Greco-Roman stories and, as such, we're coming from a very different place than the Japanesee audience.

I was bored by the ride. In the last third it got mildy interesting and the last episode was funny as hell, but before that... the only reason I even made it that far was that I had my never drop policy at that time.

I didn't say it was a fun ride :p

But it's one that you should experience to appreciate the ending more or something like that.

jgminto

Terror in Resonance 2

I can accept people not knowing the riddle, I didn't know the answer to the second one myself but the entire police force making such a simple mistake
and not noticing they said 2-4-3 instead is so ridiculous. You'd think somebody would realise that they either said the riddle wrong or that the solution was wrong before sending everyone out.
Also if the police know there's two high school kids involved, you'd think they would investigate the group of high school students that were touring the building the moment the bombs went off. Then perhaps an officer or a teacher would notice the two students who hadn't appeared at school since the trip
, I assume that's what them not being at their desks meant and not just them missing a day of school.
Or maybe they'd interview the other students and notice one girl was keeping quiet about something. I don't think they were using any voice modulation either so it would be pretty easy to identify them if they found them. If L was on this case he would have had the duo locked up by dinner time!

Mendrox

Persona 4 - The Golden Animation - 02

The swag levels are too high I cannot handle it! Anywho, enjoyed this episode even though I've never actually played P4G, because lolvita, and I haven't finished P4.

Yu is just too awesome. Loved the episode cause it reminded me that I have to replay P4G. :)

Jintor

Persona 4 The Golden - 2

Really fun. Marie's integration into the 'plot' (such as it is so far) feels far more natural than it did in game (of course the anime itself feels decidedly unnatural but that's kind of the nature of it all-up so whatever). Ai turning up was also a surprise. Overall very happy with the way it's going. New OP was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom