• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 89 is probably the most "anime" episode of Legends of the Galactic Heroes. It so adorable it cracks me up. Bishounen romance, I bet the girls love it. It is also one of the few instances in the entire series will you see a female nipple (if you don't blink), so I guess it's got something for everyone.

I just imagined some guy marathoning LotGH just searching for that tiny glimpse of lewd and finally rejoicing 89 episodes in.

fertygo

The explanation is easy, MangaGAF don't have people complaining. Here we have a vocal fraction of people who feel uneasy when they see butts or click on links leading to butts, even when tagged. I think duckroll is reacting most of the time on calls of people like these.

Yup, MangaGAF already shady as it is with how they access their material, there's no way changing that and moderation could be more loose there.

Elfen Lied 01

DDxpZwz.png
P5RtcsQ.png

I'm not sure what to say... Gratuitous nudity in the OP, ED, and throughout the episode with no real purpose other than to see a pink haired, cat eared girl walk around stark naked. She wanders around killing everything within 2m(?) of her and escapes but takes a shot to her head so she loses her memories(?). Then we see random dude and random girl take naked girl home for no reason because they were impressed with her assets(?).

I don't even... nyu~~~~~

Tenumi

Banned
The explanation is easy, MangaGAF don't have people complaining. Here we have a vocal fraction of people who feel uneasy when they see butts or click on links leading to butts, even when tagged. I think duckroll is reacting most of the time on calls of people like these.

I understand that. However, that brings with it the unfortunate consequence of "if nobody complains, its not against the rules". That brings either the attitude of "I'll complain about everything I dislike" or "I don't want to be looked at as the bad guy, so I'll be quiet".

In addition, most complaints are anonymous. I can't say for sure that it's even frequent posters complaining or not. But I would think, no offense intended, that AnimeGAF gets more lurkers than MangaGAF, out of the many legal outlets available for Anime nowadays.

Zetsuen no Tempest 01-04

First episode opened somewhat strong and got me interested enough. But the next two episodes dragged the same kind of fighting on needlessly long :/

I kinda don't like some of the storytelling so far. Having MC exchange information with that 'strongest fanservice' mage on some far away island via their communication puppets quickly lost its charm. Especially in episode 4 where she just keeps asking questions about the male duo so we can get lots of background information on the characters.

Speaking of, the two male protagonists are mediocre. They are at least not completely bland, yet, they're somewhat typical cool and skilled. Can't say I'm really caring for any of the characters so far.

Soundtrack is quite appealing so far at least.

Anyways, it's good enough to continue for now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm not a mod, so what I say here carries no weight, but the amount of lewd posting in the thread has gradually ticked up over time to the point of being a concern even for posters in this thread. It's not entirely uncalled for to go through a period where matters are enforced more strictly than they otherwise should just to get everyone out of the habit. There's a time and place for such things, and that time and place is not this thread.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I dunno, she was going all "Call me onee-chan! Call me onee-chan!" to this girl she just met. I don't think I'd mind this from a side character, but it kinda turns me off when it's one of the first interactions in the show. Soldier girl's introduction being her pointing a gun at her in her underwear was kinda bleh too.

Plus I don't believe I'm familiar with the protagonists you've mentioned, so I guess my genki meter may not be as well calibrated as yours, lol.
Hah, maybe that's it. lol

I don't want to say that the show calms down after that, but they really hit it home with the character gimmicks in the first episode. It becomes more about the ensemble as the rest of the cast is introduced.

Syrinx

Hah, maybe that's it. lol

I don't want to say that the show calms down after that, but they really hit it home with the character gimmicks in the first episode. It becomes more about the ensemble as the rest of the cast is introduced.

I wasn't planning on dropping it, at least not yet.

Riposte

I just imagined some guy marathoning LotGH just searching for that tiny glimpse of lewd and finally rejoicing 89 episodes in.

For 1 frame lol. The history documentary episode had more visible nudity, but I'm pretty sure no one wanted to see that. EDIT: Oh yeah, there was also a brief nip slip somewhere else from a mistress in bed.

Chariot

Phrasing.

Hoping this phrasing was intentional
:>

Yup, MangaGAF already shady as it is with how they access their material, there's no way changing that and moderation could be more loose there.
To be fair, MangaGAF has less opportunity than AnimeGAF and I am sure a lot of them do their duty for the manga industry as best as they can.

I understand that. However, that brings with it the unfortunate consequence of "if nobody complains, its not against the rules". That brings either the attitude of "I'll complain about everything I dislike" or "I don't want to be looked at as the bad guy, so I'll be quiet".

In addition, most complaints are anonymous. I can't say for sure that it's even frequent posters complaining or not. But I would think, no offense intended, that AnimeGAF gets more lurkers than MangaGAF, out of the many legal outlets available for Anime nowadays.
Well, the people who dislike lewd speak pretty open against it. Some reasonable, others with this weird "I wasn't here for a long time and I will never return because I saw a buttpic!", but it's no dagger in the back or something. Duckroll made quite clear with that one post what kind of thread he imagined.

But oh well, it's no use anyway, there is a new new age around the corner, if I understood that right.
Zetsuen no Tempest 01-04

First episode opened somewhat strong and got me interested enough. But the next two episodes dragged the same kind of fighting on needlessly long :/

I kinda don't like some of the storytelling so far. Having MC exchange information with that 'strongest fanservice' mage on some far away island via their communication puppets quickly lost its charm. Especially in episode 4 where she just keeps asking questions about the male duo so we can get lots of background information on the characters.

Speaking of, the two male protagonists are mediocre. They are at least not completely bland, yet, they're somewhat typical cool and skilled. Can't say I'm really caring for any of the characters so far.

It get's better as it goes along until the end of the first half. (and then it gets weaker in the second half, but by no means bad)

I'm not a mod, so what I say here carries no weight, but the amount of lewd posting in the thread has gradually ticked up over time to the point of being a concern even for posters in this thread. it's not entirely uncalled for to go through a period where matters are enforced more strictly than they otherwise should just to get everyone out of the habit. There's a time and place for such things, and that time and place is not this thread.
That time and place is college. Or MAL forums

Invaders 3
Well Yurika actually did something magical so that's good. Ghost girl is still best girl. I'm guessing the season's ending conflict will be the main guy doing something stupid to mess up the relationship between him and the ghost girl and having to reconcile.

Narag

I'm not a mod, so what I say here carries no weight, but the amount of lewd posting in the thread has gradually ticked up over time to the point of being a concern even for posters in this thread. it's not entirely uncalled for to go through a period where matters are enforced more strictly than they otherwise should just to get everyone out of the habit. There's a time and place for such things, and that time and place is not this thread.

I don't really get the pushback to all of this especially since the community is larger than the thread itself anymore. Even if someone was confined entirely to this thread and no other avenue of communication employed by members of the community, PM remains an option.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't really get the pushback to all of this especially since the community is larger than the thread itself anymore. Even if someone was confined entirely to this thread and no other avenue of communication employed by members of the community, PM remains an option.
Well, people don't like being singled out unfairly, but there's something to be said for not being as bad as certain other threads.

Tenumi

Banned
I do think this no lewd stuff should at least be added to future OPs

I have no problem with that. There's plenty of places to go for lewd. A message board community shouldn't be one of them.

I really don't mean to vilify myself here. There's... been a lot going on in my life lately and I know I've been lashing out a bit online.

Narag

Well, people don't like being singled out unfairly, but there's something to be said for not being as bad as certain other threads.

You'd think people would learn from the sports thread drama the past few years. Everyone wants attention until they actually get it. I know you lived the life too and it's probably frustrating being expected to be everywhere at once when you obviously can't.

I do think this no lewd stuff should at least be added to future OPs

I think it's common sense.

Eureka Seven - 38

Probably my favourite episode so far. Tons of funny shipping moments from the crew in this one. Seriously, I love how integral the romance is to the story aside from it being just a thing on the side. The crew
of the Gekko HAVE to make sure the main two characters get together otherwise everything's screwed.

We also get some more light shed on Adroc Thruston with this whole "Summer of Love" thing. I also really liked the scene where
Renton and Eureka cry together after he learns the truth about his father from her was really touching.

Branduil

MangaGAF is a decadent and libertine place, let's aim our standards a little higher than that, please!

Non Non Biyori OVA

It was pretty good. Only like 5 seconds of Hotarun Hell.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I do too. Nearly enough to attempt to finish fixing my ps3 so I could watch it.

Some day you will overcome this :(

My cable went on the fritz today. Guy won't be here till Monday because hey who works on weekends so I won't even be able to watch Scooby Doo Wrestlemania on Cartoon Network tomorrow.

The struggle is real.

Zetsuen no Tempest 01-04

What?! Mahiro and Yoshino are two of the best partners in anime, glad youre checking it out at least, it sits at the top of my list for best written stories.

I would read and watch all their works, the masterpiece Spiral:The Bonds of Reasoning is still the best manga Ive encountered (tied with Tsubasa). I wonder what they are writing now :(

Tenumi

Banned
Some day you will overcome this :(

My cable went on the fritz today. Guy won't be here till Monday because hey who works on weekends so I won't even be able to watch Scooby Doo Wrestlemania on Cartoon Network tomorrow.

The struggle is real.

Aw, that's tommorow? Dang it, I'm probably gonna be busy at that time!

...Thank goodness for DVR!

Just noticed another one bit the dust. I wouldn't say this community has gotten much lewder over time (at least since I joined) to me, just duckroll has gotten stricter. I won't judge his decisions on bans but, I will say that it has a deadly summer. Maybe I'm just desensitized to the lewd stuff.

Future Card Buddyfight! Episode 29 (engDub)
BtbWAlZIgAAsdFH.png

Righteous episode. Magician drum is in the house! Thats the hiphopinnest thing ive ever heard yo, talk about flippin the script my man!
TatsuYO's lines are incredibly fun. Best character in an engdub all year
. But seriously the fight was one of the best, the result and strategy employed and even the friendship moment across enemy lines.
even Ryoga would be Gao's friend

Best cards, Key of Solomon - First Volume, Mana Booster Melerquim, and Dragowizard, Qinus Axia.

And two more engDub Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker episodes finally added to the official channel. Cant wait.

Tokyo ESP Episode 3

The episode quality are finally reaching the level of the soundtrack, every track feels amazing. Action wise, it feels slightly a bit comedic at times that its hard to ever feel like things are truly serious, even as hard as Azuma tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom