• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Oh come on guys, I enjoyed World is Still Beautfiful last season. Pierrot isn't all ba-

ib030DRQ0Knulk.gif

I wonder, who determines how much material gets adapted? Does this come down from the production committee?

Whoever it is they ain't doing a good job. They even went as far to make the series seem like its contradicting itself. They are skipping subtle hints which other people have already said. In the end though they are just probably skipping, in order to get to the good parts.

Manga is always better in some cases like this series.

Well they even fucked up Beezlebub's ending. Even though I really liked the adaption, that ending hmm.

I couldn't stand to watch it for too long to know they fucked it up

In fact, the fact that they started at like what? When the manga had like 60 chapters? Pretty much a tell tale sign of it getting fucked.

mankoto

Fate/Illya 6
If I knew anything about the Fate universe I'd probably be gushing over how she turned into Archer and kicked some ass.

In fact, the fact that they started at like what? When the manga had like 60 chapters? Pretty much a tell tale sign of it getting fucked.
I honestly hoped it was going to be the next big multi-100 episode series. Dreams were crushed when the first episode aired.

I couldn't stand to watch it for too long to know they fucked it up

That was pretty dumb of them, like couldn't they wait a little longer. They half assed and ruined the ending to one of my favorite manga.

They messed up Bleach with so much filler. That's what killed Bleach in the end. And to this day they still Don't understand.

Firemind

I only watched Beelzebub for the feisty tsundere with Yui's voice from K-On.

It's like a written rule where shounen protags must act befuddled by the advances of the opposing gender.

Fate/Illya 6
If I knew anything about the Fate universe I'd probably be gushing over how she turned into Archer and kicked some ass.

I honestly hoped it was going to be the next big multi-100 episode series. Dreams were crushed when the first episode aired.

Well it's hard to be one when you're a gag shounen anime, especially one that drops in WSJ rankings when it's not gag shounen time

That was pretty dumb of them, like couldn't they wait a little longer. They half assed and ruined the ending to one of my favorite manga.

They messed up Bleach with so much filler. That's what killed Bleach in the end. And to this day they still Don't understand.

Can't exactly be helped in those cases given how long they run. Then again, if they didn't do fillers, we'd probably be in a one Piece scenario where... it's one chapter an episode. Both shitty solutions, even worse for Bleach because Bleach has very little to even cover one full episode.

Well it's hard to be one when you're a gag shounen anime, especially one that drops in WSJ rankings when it's not gag shounen time

Can't exactly be helped in those cases given how long they run. Then again, if they didn't do fillers, we'd probably be in a one Piece scenario where... it's one chapter an episode. Both shitty solutions, even worse for Bleach because Bleach has very little to even cover one full episode.

The answer to that problem would be by taking breaks. Unless they can't do that.

What has that to do with love. Delinquents can have a clear mind about romance too. (well not according to anime, but theoretically). I constantly felt bad for Aoi.

I see that but Oga from Beezlebub doesn't seem like the type to be influenced by love. He's more influenced by fighting. But yeah I felt bad for Aoi I wanted her to be shipped with him.

mankoto

That's what the situation was like? Well that blows.

Honestly speaking, I partly blame Kubo due to that the pacing can be horribly slow at points... As if he was stalling for some reason.

That's what the situation was like? Well that blows.

Honestly speaking, I partly blame Kubo due to that the pacing can be horribly slow at points... As if he was stalling for some reason.

Pretty much. Manga was pretty much rushed towards the end with the constant low popularity. Although we did get a nice bonus chapter out of it.

EDIT: Studio Pierrot had good days? EDUCATE ME HITOKAGE-SENSEI

Chariot

They could learn a thing or two from Onizuka-sensei.
Reminds me, that I still didn't watched GTO.

I see that but Oga from Beezlebub doesn't seem like the type to be influenced by love. He's more influenced by fighting. But yeah I felt bad for Aoi I wanted her to be shipped with him.
Those two things are not mutually exclusive. You can love fighting and still love... girls. Or boys. And it's really mostly the shounen syndrom that makes him what he is. Aoi is pretty obvious in her love in him and he never comment anything on that.

--

Also:

jbmTau8OPqMuQr.png

Why, Google Chrome? I get maybe since I mostly surfing on english websites, but why Canada and not the US or UK? And well, I tested proxies a few hours ago, but that was just US, Ireland and UK. So I really don't know where the .ca comes from. I am greatly confused.
Is Studio Pierrot with Studio DEEN now as a studio that has seen better days?
I would called them Studio Wetried, which is more than what DEEN does most of the time.

mankoto

Pretty much. Manga was pretty much rushed towards the end with the constant low popularity. Although we did get a nice bonus chapter out of it.

I didn't finish the manga but loved it so much. That's sad to hear.

Well it seems the author for Beezlebub is still gonna continue, in Jump Square I believe. And I think its a sequel to Beezlebub.

Chariot

Well it seems the author for Beezlebub is still gonna continue, in Jump Square I believe. And I think its a sequel to Beezlebub.
I hope it changes into the romance genre and gives me a closure for Aoi. :<

That my friend, is something that needs fixing.
Yeah, maybe. Someday.
Somebody could watchbet me *hint hint nudge nudge*

I'm not sure Rozen Maiden and three good episodes of Sankarea are enough to wash away their sins.
Rozen Maiden definitly not.
It had an interesting set-up, but the interesting mystery vanished when we entered episodes of useless puppet fighting.

Sword Art Online - 03 and 04

Guess I'm not ragequtting since they actually got to the scene I wanted to see this week, but as always, my imagination when reading the scene beat the living fuck out of how it was animated.

Oh well, I can be satisfied with this.

Midonin

SAO II 04

Like Shiori or several other cases, I was kinda hoping they'd have a professional female VA to play the role of Kiriko, but that would also essentially be recasting the main character for half(?) the show. Of course the guys are interested in him/her, and this episode amounted to character customization and a tutorial, and I still don't find GGO that interesting of a setting, but I'd hardly say it was a boring episode. Robo Chuck Norris was kinda goofy, and the explanation for why there's a melee weapon in the game makes enough sense. For whatever flaws it may have, I don't hate or like SAO that much. It was a serviceable episode.

Clov

I haven't seen any of Rozen Maiden at all. I'm interested in watching it at some point, though. Is the new one a reboot, or a sequel? Should I just watch them in the order they aired in?

I have a bit of a queue myself, though it's not in any real order yet. After I finish Gintama (last episode I finished was 103) I think I'll watch Thermae Romae, because why not.

Will probably check out Casshern Sins afterwards.

Zetsuen no Tempest 06

In other news: his sister isn't blood related.

Seriously, this has to be the biggest anime cliché out there. It's like the fucking norm at this point. It's used so much that it'll always draw a negative reaction from me, no matter how it actually plays into the story. I mean so far this didn't have any incestuous vibes and if they didn't grew up from a young age together I don't really care about it either. Still, just the mere mentioning of this fucking anime cliché makes me roll my eyes.

Other than that the episode was actually quite good. The sister happens to be the most interesting character so far actually :shrug:

Good man.

I haven't seen any of Rozen Maiden at all. I'm interested in watching it at some point, though. Is the new one a reboot, or a sequel? Should I just watch them in the order they aired in?

I have a bit of a queue myself, though it's not in any real order yet. After I finish Gintama (last episode I finished was 103) I think I'll watch Thermae Romae, because why not.

Will probably check out Casshern Sins afterwards.
You can just watch Zurückspulen. The first episode is recap of the series. And watching the original series isn't as helpful as you'd think because it diverged from the manga and did its own thing, and Zurückspulen is based off where the manga ended up.

Narag

New series can be watched without the old. In fact, the first episode suffers from being an extremely compressed version of the events before the new series takes place. It's given room to breathe and be something really special after though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom