• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Dirty Pair 2

I love how it's the 22nd century and yet WWW's office was getting flooded by physical mail. Also that their agency is called WWW. 80s as fuck.

cajunator

Banned
I'd like to say you guys who didn't finish AS are missing out. I mean I was bawling during plenty of scenes, but that's more of me being a little wuss over everything not a comment on the quality. I mean I could start Wolf's Rain or Grave of the Fireflies and I'd be crying before the first 40 minutes.

AS made me legit sad but I didnt cry because Im a hard skinned bastard.

Grave of the Fireflies didn't make me so much sad as it filled me with despair. It's the antithesis of a feel good movie.

This either. I just got pissed off at the situation and the kid's bad decisions.

This is just weird.

Why are so many anime to watch. So many shows, so many movies, so many OVAs.

Hissssss hisssssss

You have noooooo idea of the rabbit hole youve leapt into here. anime is a huge huge huge catalog of stuff. Its kinda daunting if you are into a wide variety of genres like me. This is why I have trouble understanding how some people could be bored of anime or feel like theyve seen everything. Its like...damn you must have entered some kind of timesink where time stood still while you watched a thousand episodes of things.

Im so busy and all I want to do is watch my Ranma Blurays.

I know that feeling. But even when I have time its just like...I watch a few episodes and then I go squee at other things. but lately Ive been visiting with parents and relatives a lot doing non internet stuff. I know its kinda scary. I hope I can get back to sitting on my ass at my house just watching anime all day!

cajunator

Banned
Dirty Pair 2

I love how it's the 22nd century and yet WWW's office was getting flooded by physical mail. Also that their agency is called WWW. 80s as fuck.

Its so wonderful! You should also watch Bubblegum Crisis and Armitage for more of that feeling. Ahh memories.

Actually shit, you should watch Memories too!

Hunter X Hunter Episode 140

Yoooo my man Leorio what he just did there was brilliant. For all the years Gon has suffered and now, Leorio has done good. Man though Alluka may have a creepy abillity but she's really cute. Great episode, can't wait for next week.

mankoto

Kingdom 25
Or we can skip the training arc and go right into the start of the next war. It was pretty funny to see Yaung come back pretty buff looking considering how scrawny he is. Diao might stelthfully join the army?

Narag

Huh? That show got lewd stuff?

eZoEWEt.jpg

It wouldn't be censored if it wasn't.

TUSR

Banned
I know that feeling. But even when I have time its just like...I watch a few episodes and then I go squee at other things. but lately Ive been visiting with parents and relatives a lot doing non internet stuff. I know its kinda scary. I hope I can get back to sitting on my ass at my house just watching anime all day!

Life sometimes goes a little too fast. I've been organizing doing my Engineering Masters if I decide to, been building a house, and working my ass off in 3-4 departments at work because we are understaffed.

LifeAnime finds a way though.

Midonin

One of my favorite parts of PR Rainbow Live was the rival team. Aside from having three top-notch VAs and songs, their stories were more interesting than the main heroines' (though Ito took up the brunt of drama for her side, leaving Otoha free to be the most yuri-tastic character in the entire show). Which is why I'm glad that PriPara announced its rival team today.

The other three members of i☆Ris voice Shion Todo and the West twins (Dorothy and Leona). None of them capture my attention quite like Bell Rose, but I'll see. Can't go wrong with having twins.

Chariot

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee Watch Galaxy angelllllllll
Its so cutiedorable and hilarious and theres soooo much of it to watch!
Watch series one and A, AA, S, X, and Z and fuuuuuuuuuck Rune!
Jesus Christ, how many seasons has this show?! (rhetoric question of disbelief, I can count)

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed that he was sick.
But he surely can't just stop so often and long as he did without at least a scapegoat. A very popular show can give him some kind of armor, but he really kinda showed his middlefinger and shoved it in the ass of the magazine schedule.

You have noooooo idea of the rabbit hole youve leapt into here. anime is a huge huge huge catalog of stuff. Its kinda daunting if you are into a wide variety of genres like me. This is why I have trouble understanding how some people could be bored of anime or feel like theyve seen everything. Its like...damn you must have entered some kind of timesink where time stood still while you watched a thousand episodes of things.
Ah, I know, I know. I mainly watched shows from 2009+ and some bigger shows from 2000+. My knowledge before that is really spotty.

Rhapsody

Banned
But he surely can't just stop so often and long as he did without at least a scapegoat. A very popular show can give him some kind of armor, but he really kinda showed his middlefinger and shoved it in the ass of the magazine schedule.
I almost wonder what Jump did to him for him to get such special treatment lol

I know his two works are popular and all, but still.

I don't react like that to anything. Never cried at a work of fiction.

I kinda hate that nothing has provoked that emotional response from me, tbh.

I used to be like that, but then something changed and now I can get emotional over lots of stuff I watch. No idea what triggered that change at all though.

Chariot

I almost wonder what Jump did to him for him to get such special treatment lol

I know his two works are popular and all, but still.
Yeah, it's a miracle. That's why I think that he actually had a kind of sickness and than just spread it out, when he became comfortable. Just look how half assed some of the chapters are he made during the end of the Chimera arc.

Corvo's shitposts> most of the regular posts in this thread.
W-well you're bald!

I used to be like that, but then something changed and now I can get emotional over lots of stuff I watch. No idea what triggered that change at all though.
The watchbets attacked?

duckroll

Barakamon - Episode 3-4

Much better than the second episode. Some of the jokes can still be a little overbearing at times, but that's also part of the tone for the show. I like how the episodes are focusing more on the country life now and showing its impact on the character. There stories in these episodes were pretty good too. There's a good mix of different types of personalities and stuff. I'll definitely like to see more stuff like the manga artist story and the stray cats one. Having little insights into what makes certain people tick is definitely one of the things I like most about laid back countryside settings.

Hugstable

Banned

I also used to be that way. Now anytime I turn on something like Madoka Episode 10, I start getting emotional instantly :(. Not too many shows bring out those emotions from me, but the ones that do get me every time.

Narag

Then post something of worth then. Its easier to be negative than positive.

Part of the issue is it's really discouraging for some to put that time and effort in only to see it buried 200 700 posts later by dumb shit. How many people read Mature's GE999 post? How many responded?

fertygo

Pretty sure I wouldn't call Corvo's well edited and paragraphed post are "shitposting" either, which that actually most of his post now.

Part of the issue is it's really discouraging for some to put that time and effort in only to see it buried 200 700 posts later by dumb shit. How many people read Mature's GE999 post? How many responded?

I read it, but had nothing to really say because I've never seen anything from the Galaxy Express 999 series

Chariot

Then post something of worth then. Its easier to be negative than positive.
Nice!

End of Greed Island was really really awful too
Yes, yes it was. Generally, his art went from meh to ok beyond meh.

I'm not even sure what the definition of "shitposting" is. There's this but that doesn't seem to mesh well with how it is being used here.
I think everything community related. Some people just hate human interaction.

That is something else holy crap. Like that kind of low quality is something I expect from an anime with a low budget.
That isn't even him at his worst.
Even Kubo laughs.

I read it but I didn't respond because I've never seen it and I'm not interested in it. I mean not every anime impression post gets a response. It could simply be that everyone on at that time just wasn't interested in that anime and there's nothing wrong with that.

Simply because one writes up a full length essay impression that doesn't entitle that person to a response from others in the thread. To note plenty of other long winded impressions get responses as well.

Rhapsody

Banned
LOL I remember that now. I went to go look at the volumes released later so I could get an idea of want some of the enemies were supposed to look like. I couldn't make half of them out until I saw the redrawn versions.

Dresden

Pretty sure I wouldn't call Corvo's well edited and paragraphed post are "shitposting" either, which that actually most of his post now.

There was a particularly good one about one of the mecha series he was watching - I can't quite remember its title, but it dealt with the (positive) portrayal of a female character in the show I believe, quite lengthy. Trying to search for it but it's kinda difficult to find. :(

Chariot

I wasn't interested in it. I can understand that it can be frustrating, but this is a forumthread, a community thread even. If one wants his posts not to vanish after a few hours, one should get a blog.
LOL I remember that now. I went to go look at the volumes released later so I could get an idea of want some of the enemies were supposed to look like. I couldn't make half of them out until I saw the redrawn versions.
And even the edited versions look like sketches and not something that belongs in a magazine or a collection.

Kokoro Connect 04-05

Holy hell this show is insidiously dark. I mean this episode it's only a small step away from going into fucked up territory. It still kinda is but had Iori died here, damn.

And here's the weird thing, I was actually hoping it would go down that road because it would've drastically changed their situation and I was kinda wondering what would happen if...

That said, one could certainly call it cheap going this sudden route of character death. It's just that I think it wouldn't have felt quite as cheap because the episode was executed really, really well.

Either way, even with Iori living now, there's still plenty consequences of this dark interlude, particularly because everyone had a hearty one-to-one talk with Iori. The situation between Taichi, Iori and Inaba is especially tangled.

Oh and I really need to praise this show for how well it pulls of the creepy and ominous vibe with that somewhat omnipotent 'spectator' character. I mean after this episode it doesn't seem like he's as badly intended as could've been but man... The sudden personality swap following the love confession..., good stuff. The manner of this spectator with his calm, very slow talking, the kind of information he does and does not provide as well as being physically powerful. It's really scary.

wonzo

Banned
I read it but I didn't respond because I've never seen it and I'm not interested in it. I mean not every anime impression post gets a response. It could simply be that everyone on at that time just wasn't interested in that anime and there's nothing wrong with that.

Simply because one writes up a full length essay impression that doesn't entitle that person to a response from others in the thread. To note plenty of other long winded impressions get responses as well.

way to not address his point at all

That isn't even him at his worst.
Even Kubo laughs.
I honestly thought you were screwing with me and Google'd the picture and sure enough. I just can't believe his editors just accepted that as well. No, you know what I get why they accepted it, because he's at a high enough level they wouldn't question him too much.

way to not address his point at all
I did by telling him he's not guaranteed a response just because he posts something. And Chariot's right, if he doesn't want his post getting buried or overlooked then he needs to get a blog.

fertygo

There was a particularly good one about one of the mecha series he was watching - I can't quite remember its title, but it dealt with the (positive) portrayal of a female character in the show I believe, quite lengthy. Trying to search for it but it's kinda difficult to find. :(

That's one of his Great Mazinger post I believe, which dealing about the race of the main heroine.. I remember reading that.

Firemind

I just want to chime in and, even though I didn't respond, I appreciated and loved reading Jintor's Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray experience in the last thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom