• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Copy & paste with some alterations:

0cxtyPg.gif

Dedicated Series OTs: (Thanks to NeoSoma, MikeHattsu and TUSR!)

Akame ga Kill! |OT|
Aldnoah.Zero |OT|
Free! S2 |OT|
Sailor Moon Crystal |OT|
Space Dandy |OT|
Sword Art Online 2 |OT|
Terror in Resonance |OT|
Tokyo Ghoul |OT|
Hunter x Hunter |OT|
Captain Earth |OT| (Please visit!)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders |OT|

ehh, I guess this can go here too:
RWBY S2 |OT|

---

Simulcast stream times: (Thanks to CureVylash and BGBW!)

Times are UTC/EST/PST

Monday
CR - HaNaYaMaTa - 19:00/14:00/11:00
CR - Blue Spring Ride - 19:30/14:30/11:30

Tuesday
CR - Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club! - 16:00/11:00/08:00

Wednesday
CR/FN - Free! Eternal Summer - 16:30/11:30/08:30
CR - Samurai Jam-Bakumatsu Rock - 17:00/12:00/09:00
CR - Love Stage! - 18:45/13:45/10:45
CR - Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 2wei! - 19:15/14:15/11:15
CR - Momo Kyun Sword - 19:30/14:30/11:30

Thursday
CR - Glasslip - 16:00/11:00/08:00
CR - ARGEVOLLEN - 16:30/11:30/08:30
CR- Locodol - 20:00/15:00/12:00
CR/DS - Persona 4 Golden: The Animation - 20:00/15:00/12:00
FN - Tokyo Ghoul - 17:00/12:00/09:00
FN - Terror in Resonance - 17:50/12:50/09:50
FN/DS - Black Butler Book of Circus - 20:20/15:20/12:20

Saturday
CR/HL - Sailor Moon Crystal - 11:00/06:00/03:00
CR/DS - Sword Art Online II - 17:30/12:30/09:30
CR/DS - Aldnoah Zero - 18:00/13:00/10:00
CR - Rail Wars! - 4:00(Sun)/23:00/20:00

Sunday
CR - Akame Ga Kill - 17:00/12:00/09:00
CR - DRAMAtical Murder - 19:00/14:00/11:00
CR - Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 2 - 19:30/14:30/11:30
CR - Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun - 20:05/15:05/12:05
FN - Space☆Dandy 2nd Season - 15:30/10:30/07:30

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation
HL = Hulu
DS = Daisuki

Link to the full airing chart.

Just going through the chart here left to right (with some exclusion) and stealing images from CR & Funi pages:

Bakumatsu Rock

Apparently people like this. I say this under the pretense that the only people watching it seem to want to (an AnimeGAF first!) and I've seen little criticism about it.

Free! Eternal Summer

More of the same, I reckon. Rin's no longer a ghost or back from the dead or something, it's not been made clear to me by the viewers yet.

Glasslip

Even the people that like this end up describing it as boring. I can only conclude it's slice of life strength is as powerful as Yami's yuri was in that it was able to crush even the strongest challenger.

Argevollen

Impressions have led me to believe this is exceedingly generic yet I've not read whether or not this is a bad thing as even an average production is preferable to a bad one.

Tokyo Ghoul

Secret best comedy of the season given its inability to handle the supernatural elements with anything but ham-handedness.

Rail Wars!

The T in T&A stands for trains.

Locodol

I had no idea so I consulted IRC:

[20:46] <@Narag> what's locodol about?
[20:48] <MrJeff> Narag: idol sluts

We'll never know if this is true or not.

Shin Strange+

Either no one is watching this or posts are getting lost in the weekend rush.

Sailor Moon Crystal

Unfortunately somewhat ugly yet faithful, it's disappointing the production isn't better given the length between episodes.

Shounen Hollywood

DTL seems to like it.

Sword Art Online II

Back and really boring. Even firehawk is disappointed and that was a low bar to be set.

Barakamon

Lovely little show about a calligrapher reaffirming his ability in his art all set to the backdrop of a rural community.

Sengoku Basara Judge End

A seemingly more straightforward story with some unfortunately lessened production values given the change in studios. Over/under at the total number of times Mitsunari shouts "IEEEEYAAASSSUUUU" is set at 275.

Aldnoah.Zero

A Gundam killer through and through, even the MC has a girl's name.

Akame ga Kiill!

Super edgy, kinda bad, and has a terrible use of post cards. At least the manga fans know what to look forward to.

Space Dandy

Space Dandy is back and with a fraction of the budget & talent as it's become infamous for its poor scripts and bad animation. Mind you, I've not verified this fact firsthand but I trust the Toonami faithful to be honest when vetting it for this thread's purposes.

Sabagebu!

4eNXsPq.gif

Maido! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku

??? Were he younger, I'd dispatch wonzo to investigate.

Nozaku-kun

A sordid tale of a ribboned harlot attempting to wreck Nozaki's career and his burdgeoning relationship with his friend Mikorin via sending up various shoujo tropes.

DRAMAtical Murder

The fans seem to like it but it has garnered more attention in the thread for production issues and for inciting genuine gay panic among some posters. Who could have guessed?

Hanayamata

A show about shark girls that has firehawk's rare seal of approval so you know it has to be good.

Himegoto

Just stealing a blurb from a CR news post since I have no experience with this one:

Himegoto follows high-schooler Hime Arikawa, whose absent parents have left him saddled with a huge debt. After being saved from debt collectors by three girls on the student council, in exchange for paying off his debt, he agrees to spend the rest of his high school career dressed as a girl.

Re:Hamatora

Sequel to the Hamatora TV series.

Ao Haru Ride

rp154ohl.jpg

Chart blurb used the m-word so I didn't look any further into this.

Momo Kyun Sword!

I haven't heard a good thing about this yet.

Love Stage!!

I haven't heard a good or bad thing about this yet.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 2wei!

The only show more likely to claim a life this season than Rail Wars!.

Yama no Susume

Followup to the first season, I believe it's 13 minute episodes now rather than 3.

Persona4 the Golden ANIMATION

Adaptation of the Vita version's bonus content from all I can gather, I figure it's ultimately just more waifu fodder for those that publically pretend Persona isn't about waifus.

Zankyou no Terror

Watanabe's back, baby.

Tokyo ESP

The recurring description of a bad version of X-Men only fuels my curiosity.

Ai Mai Mi

Now I haven't seen this but it looks both scary and like something that might offend atheists.

Wall of Shame

cajunator 1,018
Chariot 819
TUSR 816
Admiral Woofington 773
Narag 634
MikeHattsu 577
SliceSabre 569
AquaWateria 421
mankoto 387
Jarmel 338
AmethystEnd 335
phoenix296 323
CureVylash 323
BGBW 322
Dedication Through Light 300
PshycoNinja 296
Jexhius 294
June 278
Mokoi 268
Femmeworth 262
R_thanatos 257
fertygo 252
KirbYuuYuu 240
MetroidPrimeRib 235
Quasar 227
Midonin 223
firehawk12 204
nintendoman58 197
Clov 195
jgminto 193
Jintor 185
Thoraxes 184
ZachDeKoromaru 184
Basileus777 173
Shard 172
duckroll 167
Firemind 159
Mature 158
wonzo 155
Link Man 154
Lurky 153
Psycho_Mantis 144
Hattori 140
BassForever 132
Freezasaurus 131
Syrinx 123
Branduil 119
Hugstable 117
cosmicblizzard 111
Hitokage 109
Rhapsody 108
Superflat 106
NeoSoma 106
Turin Turambar 105
astrogamer 103
chickdigger802 100
/XX/ 100

rip cdig, mods please nuke everyone over 500 posts next thread. tia

TUSR

Banned
So we posting here now?

Update the wall of shame so Chariot is below me. I want to see what he does.

Well bronze is just as good as silver I guess. I can't get gold with Cajun in the running. Until I hire that assassin that is. The professional. He who fucks women.

Wait what the duck I got fourth? Fuck all y'all

survivor

Banned
Even the people that like this end up describing it as boring. I can only conclude it's slice of life strength is as powerful as Yami's yuri was in that it was able to crush even the strongest challenger.
Most accurate description of Glasslip I have seen so far. 4th episode was so slow moving I had to go clean the house in the middle of it to do something more engaging.

jgminto

Hey, I like Shonen Hollywood too. It's a nice, slow, slice of life show with pretty backgrounds.

Will do a write up of the season so far soon.

I seem to perpetually remain in the top 20 in these threads, how odd. I thought I even forgod posting on most things.

I wish there was more Captain Earth discussion, this whole half has stayed pretty great. Sures its not on the level of Fafner, Buddycom, or Aldnoah.Zero, but it has really finally hit its stride this season.

Narag

I wish there was more Captain Earth discussion, this whole half has stayed pretty great. Sures its not on the level of Fafner, Buddycom, or Aldnoah.Zero, but it has really finally hit its stride this season.

I've been meaning to get back to it before RL interrupted things. I was really enjoying the Designer Children arc since all the strange jargon had finally been established properly and was no longer a distraction.

jgminto

I seem to perpetually remain in the top 20 in these threads, how odd. I thought I even forgod posting on most things.

Is it still terrible? Worst "duckroll recommended" show I've ever watched.

Yay! Yay! New thread!

Re-watched Aldnoah zero episode 4 just to see this scene again. Also that fight scene could of been much better.

Agreed. I embrace our new CG overlords.

Also how the hell did I get 12th? I need to stop posting here.

jgminto

Yay! Yay! New thread!

Re-watched Aldnoah zero episode 4 just to see this scene again. Also that fight scene could of been much better.

They need to buy a new rubber texture. Just go buy one from the Unity Asset store, it'd still look better.

mankoto

Akame ga Kill 4
It took just now to notice, but there are some minor changes. But nothing worth talking about. All in all, everything seems alright. Looks like the party gets started at episode 6 or 7.

wonzo

Banned
smh @ not using this for ai mai mi

Space Dandy is back and with a fraction of the budget & talent as it's become infamous for its poor scripts and bad animation. Mind you, I've not verified this fact firsthand but I trust the Toonami faithful to be honest when vetting it for this thread's purposes.
lmao

besada

Banned
Hello, new anime thread. In case anyone was wondering, the Silent Möbius cell came from episode number five. It should be up for sale on the Heritage auction site.

Narag

I guess of the 1 Million+ viewers you're gonna have some with bad opinions voicing them on twitter, but suggesting that that's the norm for that viewer base is...

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar bout of criticism for the Eunyoung Choi ep.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Neat a new thread.

At some point I'll actually watch some new anime this season. For now its just all the carryover sports anime from the Spring which I'm still enjoying greatly.

fertygo

LMAO

But the AI Fucking subplot that appear lately is might be legit reason to watch the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom