• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rokka no Yuusha 7

This show is too well done considering what it should have, by every means, been. I won't call it my AOTS, but it definitely continues to shine in its originality of turning this into a mystery and an in-fighting show instead of another generic 'let's go fight the demon' anime.

Charlotte - 07

I would enjoy the show a lot more if it was a mix of the beginning of the first episode and majority of this episode.
Lelouch Yuu becoming a villain and fighting off other special power users and people in general trying to bring him down. Then at the end he loses his power, reflects on his actions with the sister in mind, and commits sudoku. ~fin~
J7TC0JN.jpg

e_i

Working!!! episode 7

Great episode Yamada
makes up with her mother, who apparently is a ninja
And Otoo
finds his wife in the most unclimatic reunion ever.

Charlotte episode 7

Nao FTW. She's fantastic.
The fact that she stayed by him the whole time means something.
She and the MC need to hook up.

Working!!! episode 7

Great episode Yamada
And Otoo

Charlotte episode 7

do you have any doubts that they won't end up together or be romantically involved, considering how hard they keep shipping them?

jman2050

Working!!3 7

Yamada is the best (both of them) and this episode was pretty good on the dramatic front as well.

Also
Otto finds his wife!

Endgame is coming soon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Charlotte - 07

I would enjoy the show a lot more if it was a mix of the beginning of the first episode and majority of this episode.
Lelouch Yuu becoming a villain and fighting off other special power users and people in general trying to bring him down. Then at the end he loses his power, reflects on his actions with the sister in mind, and commits sudoku. ~fin~

That just sounds like Code Geass though. Its already Code Geass but KEY as all fuck.

Working!!! episode 7

Great episode Yamada
And Otoo

Charlotte episode 7

They've been pushing Nao x Yuu since the first few frames she showed up in to the point all of the other characters have been doing it.

Working!!!

Hopefully Yamada sticks around since she's the most amusing character. Season seems a little more serious than Season 2, which kind of makes me like it less. I mean, yeah, I guess there's clearly progress and an ending in sight, but still, its not as amusing.

Charlotte 7

All this episode needed was an insert of Linkin Park to tie up how cliched it was. Also, Nao let's him
stab people, get into gang wars, and threaten to kill people, but oh fuck, drugs are the one thing that will turn him inhuman?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Charlotte 7

All this episode needed was an insert of Linkin Park to tie up how cliched it was. Also, Nao let's him
stab people, get into gang wars, and threaten to kill people, but oh fuck, drugs are the one thing that will turn him inhuman?

LOL that's exactly what I said when that happened - why was it the cocaine that suddenly made her decide "this is enough?" That had to have been one of the least threatening things he'd done that entire episode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You know dimb, there are ways of expressing your opinion without coming off as completely hostile and condescending.
My apologies. Being curt is often a tool for a quick bit of humor, and to diffuse an opinion to make it easier to digest. Given the reactions to the comment it is hard to feel that I'm off base. The topic of Inside Out isn't related to anime, so an in-depth post on it would feel somewhat off topic to me. The movie is very deliberately aimed for children around the age of four to easily digest, and as a result a topic that is potentially complex is split into repetitive puerile chunks. It feels extremely disingenuous for people to push this movie on lone adults, because it simply isn't stimulating or complex enough to really hold their attention. It doesn't really help that the setting and characters wind up translating to very blunt stereotypes, but all of this is done to streamline the experience for children. Something like Inside Out doesn't even have a fraction of the integrity you'd find in something like a Hosoda movie.

Goodstyle

My apologies. Being curt is often a tool for a quick bit of humor, and to diffuse an opinion to make it easier to digest. Given the reactions to the comment it is hard to feel that I'm off base. The topic of Inside Out isn't related to anime, so an in-depth post on it would feel somewhat off topic to me. The movie is very deliberately aimed for children around the age of four to easily digest, and as a result a topic that is potentially complex is split into repetitive puerile chunks. It feels extremely disingenuous for people to push this movie on lone adults, because it simply isn't stimulating or complex enough to really hold their attention. It doesn't really help that the setting and characters wind up translating to very blunt stereotypes, but all of this is done to streamline the experience for children. Something like Inside Out doesn't even have a fraction of the integrity you'd find in something like a Hosoda movie.

are-you-serious.gif

Ok, there's no way you aren't trolling at this point.

kewlmyc

Durarara S2 19

Is it bad that I like Mikado as a complete sociopath more than I liked his season 1 self? He's just way more interesting now than he was in season 1. Also Izaya continues to be creepy as fuck.

kewlmyc

LOL that's exactly what I said when that happened - why was it the cocaine that suddenly made her decide "this is enough?" That had to have been one of the least threatening things he'd done that entire episode.

She gets beat up daily, so she probably doesn't care about him threatening to hurt people. Her being okay with him abusing is powers is silly though.

Ushio to Tora 7

That was such a really entertaining episode, I loved it. We're heading towards plot developments over Ushio's mother. It also seems like the Spiritual Priests are wary of Ushio's abilities over the Beast Spear and Tora. Ushio's father is also a competent Youkai exorcist, although I do love his goofy moments.

I'm so loving the fact that Ushio and Tora are heading off on a Journey, soooo good.

PK Gaming

I thought you were trolling, but it sounds like you have a overly pessimistic and (imo) inapt perspective on the movie. Your assertion about how it's solely directed towards young children is completely off base, given how it was explicitly made from a parent's perspective. It was meant to be enjoyed by kids, but also by parents who could relate to some of themes presented in the movie. Inside Out was was very good competent at metaphoric storytelling—it was able to convey its themes and messages in a simple way, but it was also rich in depth. There was a lot to take away here: this a movie that examines the importance of sadness, the sadness of growing up, and the nature of joy. Happiness isn’t something lasts forever and sadness isn’t something that should be continually suppressed.

I mean, you're definitely in the minority considering the near universal acclaim and success it has, but I figured I should respond anyway since it was obvious I was getting thrown under the bus here.

(Also was there any point to bringing up Hosoda? He's awesome but you didn't even attempt to hide your own bias.)

John Blade

Before I post an impression of this show, I will say this about watching this show on Cruncyroll. I don't like how it crash when I am trying to watch this show quite a few time that I have to find this show from Youtube and other illegal place to get this show (don't worry, I am actually going to buy this show now....just need to wait for a good deal for the Blu-ray) . I am guessing it might be the popup blocker apps I install on my chrome but man...it's not fun to refresh up to 7 time just to finish one episode. Now, back to the show.

This show was in my radar few times starting from right stuff December sales when it was on sale. Also, heard about it a bit on Anime Gaf.

The main idea of this show is the human population in this world is slowly declining and they're start to cede more and more territory in this world. only a small handful humans are left in this world but another race is growing during this time. They're call fairies. Basically, they're small elf creatures who have a taste of sweets stuff and like happy things. Unfortunately, they cause issue in this world with their power when they try to find something fun and this is where you follow the main character of this show, Watashi, whose mission is to be a mediator between the human and the fairies. That's basically the main idea of the show story and you follow Watashi and her assistant with the help of her grandpa alone the way.

I guess the story isn't too crazy when you start to analyzing it but what make this show fun to watch come down in few things. For one, it's the main character of this show. Watashi is a very interesting protagonists which don't follow most Anime tropes you see in most anime. She's unique because of her dry cynical dialogue when she interact with other characters, her own internal thoughts (which is sometime very dark), and her own character make her interesting. How she react in different situation in this show make her very interesting to watch. Also, I like her dark tone when she thinking about the situation she is in. Funny to watch it.

2nd thing I like about this show is how strange it's. They're quite a few stuff in this show is so absurd that you don't know how to react like a bread rip himself to death just so he want Watashi to eat him or the naked chickens who want to take over the human population. In this world, there is no such thing as strange and this ring true as you continue watching this show.

3rd thing I like from this show is how it focus itself as a social commentary of the world. They're quite a few things this show talk about and it's quite in depth if you pay attention. They range from the manga industry, consumerism, or the over consumption of resources in the world. For me, it's unusual but make this show a bit unique and very interesting as I do notice it as I am watching this show.

Even with this strength, they're some weakness I notice as I watch the show. Some of the episode in this show have some inconsistent in quality. Not saying they're bad but feel weaker than the rest of the episode. Also, I am not too fond of how they set up the story in the later half of the show. This is mostly from when they're trying to tell the background story of the main character or the assistant. I don't really mind it but it feel a bit odd of how they set it up. It might make sense if they move them near the beginning of the show like the time paradox and background story of the assistant for example then put it in later half of the episode. Still, not a biggie but something I notice.

The anime visuals is not going to win any medal but the vibrant art style and colorful palette make this show look a bit unique and nice to watch over the cynical tone you feel as you watch the show. Kinda funny how dark the show is when it look like one of those playful anime.

For music, it work fine in the show and match the mood quite well in most of the scene. The intro and ending theme is now stuck in me a bit right now and the musical score is nice to listen outside of the show if you want something to play in the background as you're doing something else.

Overall, an interesting show to watch and would recommend it to certain people.

Sterok

Shimoneta 7

Okuma/Gokiri the true OTP. It's probably the only relationship where Okuma isn't getting abused at this point. SOX must now deal with their terrorist brethren (though SOX could denounce them if they want to separate the two groups) and a fangirl with resources. Anna continues to be the truly scary force of the season.

Charlotte 7

Welp,
imouto is dead. Should've believed more in Key zetsubou.
Yuu finally gets to screw around and really show what he can do. Not someone you want to mess with. Eat all the ramen, pizza, and that other thing bad boy. Lol at drugs being worse than almost stabbing someone's eye. Tomori should probably do something about her stalker tendencies. That's going to freak most normal people. Feels were attempted, but it came off as more laughable than anything else once he got out of his apartment.

Taruranto

We want the Code Geass audience #7

Yes, of course the teacher is actually a ninja.

I think I'm going to drop this trash, Sensei was the only character I really liked and they aren't even focusing on him anymore.

Qurupeke

Gatchaman Crowds Insight 7

Finally things are stirring up. I'm not sure how much these tricoloured things will cause but I guess they will probably have a detrimental effect to the people's emotions or will. Also, I'm looking forward to what Gel really is. I wonder what his true for will be.

Oh and when Hajime-ssu talks to Katze...Weird shots.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Before I post an impression of this show, I will say this about watching this show on Cruncyroll. I don't like how it crash when I am trying to watch this show quite a few time that I have to find this show from Youtube and other illegal place to get this show (don't worry, I am actually going to buy this show now....just need to wait for a good deal for the Blu-ray) . I am guessing it might be the popup blocker apps I install on my chrome but man...it's not fun to refresh up to 7 time just to finish one episode. Now, back to the show.

This show was in my radar few times starting from right stuff December sales when it was on sale. Also, heard about it a bit on Anime Gaf.

The main idea of this show is the human population in this world is slowly declining and they're start to cede more and more territory in this world. only a small handful humans are left in this world but another race is growing during this time. They're call fairies. Basically, they're small elf creatures who have a taste of sweets stuff and like happy things. Unfortunately, they cause issue in this world with their power when they try to find something fun and this is where you follow the main character of this show, Watashi, whose mission is to be a mediator between the human and the fairies. That's basically the main idea of the show story and you follow Watashi and her assistant with the help of her grandpa alone the way.

I guess the story isn't too crazy when you start to analyzing it but what make this show fun to watch come down in few things. For one, it's the main character of this show. Watashi is a very interesting protagonists which don't follow most Anime tropes you see in most anime. She's unique because of her dry cynical dialogue when she interact with other characters, her own internal thoughts (which is sometime very dark), and her own character make her interesting. How she react in different situation in this show make her very interesting to watch. Also, I like her dark tone when she thinking about the situation she is in. Funny to watch it.

2nd thing I like about this show is how strange it's. They're quite a few stuff in this show is so absurd that you don't know how to react like a bread rip himself to death just so he want Watashi to eat him or the naked chickens who want to take over the human population. In this world, there is no such thing as strange and this ring true as you continue watching this show.

3rd thing I like from this show is how it focus itself as a social commentary of the world. They're quite a few things this show talk about and it's quite in depth if you pay attention. They range from the manga industry, consumerism, or the over consumption of resources in the world. For me, it's unusual but make this show a bit unique and very interesting as I do notice it as I am watching this show.

Even with this strength, they're some weakness I notice as I watch the show. Some of the episode in this show have some inconsistent in quality. Not saying they're bad but feel weaker than the rest of the episode. Also, I am not too fond of how they set up the story in the later half of the show. This is mostly from when they're trying to tell the background story of the main character or the assistant. I don't really mind it but it feel a bit odd of how they set it up. It might make sense if they move them near the beginning of the show like the time paradox and background story of the assistant for example then put it in later half of the episode. Still, not a biggie but something I notice.

The anime visuals is not going to win any medal but the vibrant art style and colorful palette make this show look a bit unique and nice to watch over the cynical tone you feel as you watch the show. Kinda funny how dark the show is when it look like one of those playful anime.

For music, it work fine in the show and match the mood quite well in most of the scene. The intro and ending theme is now stuck in me a bit right now and the musical score is nice to listen outside of the show if you want something to play in the background as you're doing something else.

Overall, an interesting show to watch and would recommend it to certain people.

Would be nice to get another season, it was a breath of fresh air for the reasons you mentioned

Jarmel

Banned

I understand the notion of using brevity for humor and obviously not everyone wants to write a mini-review any time they want to give their opinion. The problem, if you will, is that sometimes in your presentation you come off as condescending to the point of hyperbole. That's not to say that your opinions aren't genuine however you can give off the appearance that people who enjoys works that you dislike, are essentially idiots. There are ways of expressing your issues with a work without directly or indirectly attacking the audience, even when joking around. Even if you do feel the viewers and some of the posters here are idiots, wording it in such a confrontational manner really serves to derail the little genuine discussion we do have. I know you're eloquent, more so than I am, so try and play nice to some extent even if you don't mean it.

I didn't even like Inside Out that much either.

Gatchaman Crowds 7

Man, it's always so weird to see Hajime talking to Katze, it kinda ruins the scenes with him.

Gelsadra also made some monsters, meh, this will probably result into "Gatchaman attack showcase #39" or something, combat isn't this show's strong suit, I would've liked some bigger monsters.

OD also got kicked, shame.

ibyea

Banned
Humanity Has Declined: 1
This was funny. I don't know what it is about cynical protagonists that appeal to me so much but this was another great one. The whole thing is just bizarre, with the bread guy being the apex of the weirdness.

I liked the watercolor painting-ish look the show had.

AnimeGAF gets so real after shit like this. And I'm out of shows to discuss for the days. Has no one else watched today's Rokka No Yuusha?

I watched it. Was great like last week. Show had little bit slowish start but these couple of past episodes have been great. Hopefully the quality stays as great for the rest of the series.

AnimeGAF gets so real after shit like this. And I'm out of shows to discuss for the days. Has no one else watched today's Rokka No Yuusha?

I did, I thought it was decent, time flew by while watching it.

That leader of the fiends guy looked really silly though.

How awesome would it be that after all this it still turns out that Flamie is the 7th, I kinda want her too be it.

Symphogear GX 7

In this episode Maria channels some Soulgain. Everyone has usable relic fragments now but the biggest thing to happen here was right at the end, Hibiki runs into
her Dad that she had problems with long ago, this was hinted at earlier, when she said that around the time she got out of the hospital after the events of the first season's first episode her Dad left her leaving her with her Mother and Grandmother. So far we can see that the Father is a bit of a scumbag.

Earlier on when Galie attacked, Tsubasa told Hibiki's Dad (his identity was only revealed at the end) to take the nearby children and get them to safety. Instead of doing so, he basically said "fuck that" and ran away leaving Tsubasa to take care of the children's evacuation in his stead. In other words, we can expect this guy to show deplorable behaviour/reasons for abandoning Hibiki in the next episode. There's also the fact that Hibiki ran away at the sight of him so he might have done some other bad things that I don't remember them mentioning.

Either way, I'm looking forward to next week's episode because they are finally going to elaborate on something that I've wanted more clarity on for a long time, and that's Hibiki's backstory.

Rokka no Yuusha 7

Here we get the full story on Adlet's past.
One of the top three fiends came to his village and told them all to come to Demon land, and whoever doesn't go gets their hearts ripped out to give to the Demon Lord
which explains how Adlet's friend and sister died (to protect him/allow him to escape) and the reason for his wanting to become a Brave.

Flamie has similar story and Adlet explains why he likes her so much (because she went through similar experiences as him/has lost the same things).

It's still up in the air who the fake is, I'm kind of suspecting
Goldov because he somehow was able to hear/know what was going on at the temple towards the end. The obvious answer would be Hans but I don't think that's really the case. He's obvious enough that I think he's the wrong one to suspect because of that.

THe episode ended with Hans about to deliver the final blow to Adlet, but I think next episode he's going to say something to convince Hans to stop and listen to him.
Really looking forward to seeing how this develops.

javac

Man I'm listening to the Macross soundtrack after a long time and man the music is very similar to the music in Takrajima, eerily so. I mean, Haneda composed both soundtracks but still wow very very similar obviously sans Minmay tracks (which are fantastic, duh!). I'm not complaining, the music is fantastic in both series, and I mentioned the similarity previously but man I never realized they were this similar.

I understand the notion of using brevity for humor and obviously not everyone wants to write a mini-review any time they want to give their opinion. The problem, if you will, is that sometimes in your presentation you come off as condescending to the point of hyperbole. That's not to say that your opinions aren't genuine however you can give off the appearance that people who enjoys works that you dislike, are essentially idiots. There are ways of expressing your issues with a work without directly or indirectly attacking the audience, even when joking around. Even if you do feel the viewers and some of the posters here are idiots, wording it in such a confrontational manner really serves to derail the little genuine discussion we do have. I know you're eloquent, more so than I am, so try and play nice to some extent even if you don't mean it.

Why though? If I think an a show is for kids, braindead idiots or is simply a masturbatory fantasy for loser otaku then why can't I say that?

Goldov because he somehow was able to hear/know what was going on at the temple towards the end.

What if it's the other way around and Nachetania was able to here it but didn't want to do anything about it.?

Goldov seems a weird suspect IMO, having Nachetania be the seventh would mean the same, as she's able to control Goldov in a way, Nachetania is also pretty suspiscious in general with her outbursts and the whole "activate the barrier with a sword" thing. For me it's either her or Maura at the moment.

Why though? If I think an a show is for kids, braindead idiots or is simply a masturbatory fantasy for loser otaku then why can't I say that?

You can say that but that will probably mean that others won't take you serious, which is kinda the point of having a discussion no?

It's also a dickish thing to do...

Jarmel

Banned

Well for starters it makes people more defensive than they need to be, leading towards arguments where people take it personally instead of focusing around the work itself. I think it's fair game in a person's criticism of a show to say that it's masturbatory wank but it's another to imply that the audience are losers for watching it. It's also worth noting that just because something is for kids doesn't inherently degrade it as a solid work on its own.

Nothing is stopping you from insulting the audience of a show, lord knows it happens often with shit like MLP, but there's a fine line from blunt to asshole. And it also seems ironic to look down on an entire audience, when others do the same to us for even enjoying anime to begin with.

Doesn't Japan have pretty ludicrous drug laws? Like 4 years for possession of marijuana? Sounds like it could have bigger consequences than the typical stuff you see teenage delinquents do in anime/manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom