• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We have a character that can channel the dead. We're probably getting that next week.

This is a great setup for the most KEY thing that's ever happened:
Yusarin will channell Nao's brother, Yu's sister and Misa at the same time, and then she will die, so they'll all die. Again.

Everyone knows that the cast is going to travel back in time,
save Imouto
and then use her powers to collapse the incoming meteor, right guys?

Hopefully they step up with the animation because this is a OVA. Third times the charm isn't it? Yeah my expectations are low though.

They still have to do another OVA which is about Tsukiyama and after that will be the inevitable Tokyo Ghoul:Re adaption.😔

I'm still pissed on how they literally fucked up season 2. Here's a comparison between the manga and anime Spoilers http://i.imgur.com/V3Fq8jM.jpg.

How the fuck did they get through 144 chapters in 24 episodes....(just read the manga, not touching the anime).

Things have changed since 2 years ago . what happenned to the animegaf community is more than unfortunate.

I've decided to lurk in this thread ( and not participate in this thread anymore ) because that's what this community has become.

Just wanted to say that.
See you all Animegaf.

I feel the same, I started to post more around here but I think I've had enough, see ya later AnimeGAF.

Thanks to everyone that was nice with me. Maybe I'll come back someday.

So I'm reading Charlotte spoilers and oh my goodness KEY really is trying to be Sunrise.

Main character looks like Lelouch from Code Geass.
Main character has that body-possessing power you see in Valvrave.

And now from what I'm reading they're literally copying an episode of Code Geass by having the main character
go into a depression after his sister dies and abuse his powers by messing with street thugs and almost doing drugs.

Incredible. Let me know when a CG mecha shows up.

We have a character that can channel the dead. We're probably getting that next week.

Didn't think about that! You're right.

Tears will drop.

God damn the melodrama will be delicious. I hope they have a really emotional song playing in the background, some flashbacks, and maybe the camera panning up as the sunlight comes through at the end of the episode as one of them says a final word before the episode ends.

Working!!! 7

The only Yamada-centric episode I didn't entirely hate. In fact I liked it. This season has been amazing in progressing the side plots and advancing character relations. Now Yamada
has her family
and what's his face and his wife
are finally reunited
in the most hilariously anti-climactic scene ever

Squishy3

So it just occurred to me the third Stardust Crusaders OP might have a small visual reference in it. Might be looking into it too much but a neat coincidence regardless. :p

Re: Cutie Honey OP
Vfk9wz0.png

Stand Proud

Feltrol

Banned
God damn the melodrama will be delicious. I hope they have a really emotional song playing in the background, some flashbacks, and maybe the camera panning up as the sunlight comes through at the end of the episode as one of them says a final word before the episode ends.

The wait is already killing me.

I join a community then everyone leaves it. Why does this keep happening? ;_;

It's up to you too get the #1 posting spot and keep us afloat!

STAND PROUD!

So it just occurred to me the third Stardust Crusaders OP might have a small visual reference in it. Might be looking into it too much but a neat coincidence regardless. :p

Re: Cutie Honey OP

Stand Proud

I'm pretty sure I've seen that thing in more than just those two, but I could be wrong.

Qurupeke

Charlotte 7

Nice episode.

Some awesome scenes with the MC using his ability in a more violent way. Also, I guess that's it for the little sister. We haven't seen a body though, there's still a chance she was captured...

6(?) episodes remain and we got our change in tone. I wonder what will follow. Probably someone will get captured or something.

Feltrol

Banned
Charlotte 7

Nice episode.

Some awesome scenes with the MC using his ability in a more violent way. Also, I guess that's it for the little sister. We haven't seen a body though, there's still a chance she was captured...

6(?) episodes remain and we got our change in tone. I wonder what will follow. Probably someone will get captured or something.

Someone said earlier that he even had her ashes with him. Though, you know, it might not be what it seems to be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Charlotte 7

Nice episode.

Charlotte After Story: Pizza Sauce Boogaloo

How the fuck did they get through 144 chapters in 24 episodes....(just read the manga, not touching the anime).

In Season 1 Studio Pierrot rushed and skipped to fit in 60+ chapters just to get to
white hair Kaneki. Which in my opinion is stupid because the reason why that moment was great in the first place was because of the slow building up and foreshadowing for that moment. However since they rushed it, it just felt terrible compared to the manga. The torture scene instead of having the mother and son it was switched with 2 lovers instead which was terrible. Plus they skipped the escape scene with Kaneki and Banjou/crew trying to escape Aogiri's hideout. So when the crew felt bad for Kaneki's torture in the anime it felt out of place because their interactions were skipped.

In Season 2 Root A it was supposed to be anime original but instead it was just a way for them to adapt another 80 chapters while adding bits of content from the manga.
They literally had Kaneki carry his friend Hide for 7 mins just for him to commit suicide. They even skipped the Arima vs Kaneki final battle. But the thing that made me really frustrated was when they put a Tokyo Ghoul:Re logo as if they were gonna adapt this more of this mess. There was no Kanou, Rize, Yoshimura in a tube, no clowns, and etc.

These are some of the things they skipped such as Spoilers
http://i.imgur.com/uiL2xsR.jpg
foreshadowing of the Clowns
http://i.imgur.com/0JmBn7C.jpg
Kaneki's psychological Chin behavior
http://i.imgur.com/kw2Wsid.jpg
Tarot Cards numbers drawn on characters.

Honestly season 1 was average to below average even if they skipped lots of stuff, but season 2 Root A was a abomination.

Shimoneta - 07

Anna once again setting the bar for crazy, but I guess making out with an ear is a normal way to express love.
New member could be fun, she seems like she'll go all out. Not to mention the male genitalia head hairstyle.

ht85dfV.gif

Defuser

In Season 1 Studio Pierrot rushed and skipped to fit in 60+ chapters just to get to
white hair Kaneki. Which in my opinion is stupid because the reason why that moment was great in the first place was because of the slow building up and foreshadowing for that moment. However since they rushed it, it just felt terrible compared to the manga. The torture scene instead of having the mother and son it was switched with 2 lovers instead which was terrible. Plus they skipped the escape scene with Kaneki and Banjou/crew trying to escape Aogiri's hideout.

In Season 2 Root A it was supposed to be anime original but instead it was just a way for them to adapt another 80 chapters while adding bits of content from the manga.
They literally had Kaneki carry his friend Hide for 7 mins just for him to commit suicide. They even skipped the Arima vs Kaneki final battle. But the thing that made me really frustrated was when they put a Tokyo Ghoul:Re logo as if they were gonna adapt this more of this mess.

These are some of the things they skipped such as Spoilers
http://i.imgur.com/uiL2xsR.jpg
foreshadowing of the Clowns
http://i.imgur.com/0JmBn7C.jpg
Kaneki's psychological Chin behavior
http://i.imgur.com/kw2Wsid.jpg
Tarot Cards numbers drawn on characters.

Honestly season 1 was alright even if they skipped stuff, but season 2 Root A was a abomination.
In the end it depends on the production committee not studio pierrot. If they have commission more episodes then Pierrot would have adapt both seasons properly. Still the biggest sin they committed is omitting the
breaking bones scene.

In the end it depends on the production committee not studio pierrot. If they have commission more episodes then Pierrot would have adapt both seasons properly. Still the biggest sin they committed is omitting the
breaking bones scene.

Yeah it's really the Production Committee's fault. I would say they bit themselves in the ass due to this screw up, but I doubt it because they are making lots of money.

I always question on why they skipped that scene.

Squishy3

Shimoneta - 07

Anna once again setting the bar for crazy, but I guess making out with an ear is a normal way to express love.
New member could be fun, she seems like she'll go all out. Not to mention the male genitalia head hairstyle.

ht85dfV.gif
Yessssssss kinniku buster

Best one still the one from Gintama that Hasegawa does tho

tumblr_luznjekkNe1ql4awto1_500.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This season has been a bit weird since a lot of the shows seems entertaining, but I haven't really kept up on a lot of them. Really only looking forward to GATE and Overlord each week right now. Should probably catch up on Crazygear and get my cliffhanger dose. Charlotte too.

OT:
cm-vi1.gif
6LQb8bg.gif
cm-vi1.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Shimoneta - 07

ht85dfV.gif

will now watch this show just to support a show that has a kinniku buster

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You should watch Monster Musume Haz. It's quality entertainment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

javac

This is the best advice anyone has given in this thread in a long time.

Everyone should watch NANA. And then Paradise Kiss after that.

I've been begging people to watch Patlabor forever, I don't mean to pat myself on the back but in terms of best advice around here, I reign supreme! Don't blame me when anime dies! Any minute now.
Nana has been in my backlog for a while, I'll pick up the DVD's down the line...fucking DVD's, I'll need to scrub my eyes out after.

kewlmyc

jbug617

Banned
I remember the first time I asked for a recommendation from Anime-gaf. They told me to watch Boku no Pico. I was lucky I was aware what that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom