• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

Giant Robot Waifus incoming.

a99.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Anyone else particularly bummed by the direction Rage of Bahamut went with Virgin Souls after Genesis? It went from interesting direction for the world to me wanting to slap Nina silly for having exceptionally poor taste in men. The last few episodes have become unwatchable and I have yet to hit the episodes that take place during
the ball.
Hopefully it can redeem itself by the end, though I fully expect something similar to a "love will find a way" finale.

Hurting incoming

Does she feel it when he enters her cockpit? Serious question.

How is the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan? It was just added to CR in selected countries.

if you sat through all of endless eight as it was airing you're probably the type of person it was made for

it's not bad, but it's not good either. it's really bland, and the only appeal comes from already having a deep attachment to the ip

The Many Sufferings of Sarada Uchiha

i don't follow the fandom too close, but i think laughing at sarada is the popular thing to do, right?

i've always thought that was unfortunate since her story is the only interesting thing in boruto. watching her have to deal with two broken parents is way more interesting than boruto being a brat about his dad being super popular

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan could have been interesting if the story had the two realities breaking down and colliding.

But no, it really is just bad fan-fiction.

Am I the only one finding that this entire island arc that's supposed to be the big, rousing conclusion for this show has been a boring, unengaging affair? How can a survival test on a deserted island be this dull?

phaze

if you sat through all of endless eight as it was airing you're probably the type of person it was made for

it's not bad, but it's not good either. it's really bland, and the only appeal comes from already having a deep attachment to the ip

i don't follow the fandom too close, but i think laughing at sarada is the popular thing to do, right?

i've always thought that was unfortunate since her story is the only interesting thing in boruto. watching her have to deal with two broken parents is way more interesting than boruto being a brat about his dad being super popular

I'm not really in the fandom so I wouldn't know. People were certainly laughing when Gaiden was being released but maybe more at Sakura than her.

Boruto 23

Lighter on good action cuts than I hoped for but good nonetheless. Those background animation cuts were real nice, would pay for something bit longer on that front. Kobayashi still a gawd.

It's weird but I think that, Kishi actually had a decent idea for theme for this gaiden, it's just that he's a subtle as a brick through the window and completely lacks finesse to make this more than characters shouting platitudes while punching people while undercutting the entire story with nonsense plot, character actions making no sense etc.

This Ichigo vs Ulqiorra fight is so much worse than I remember it being.

Its the most shonen thing of all time.

"I have a special 2nd resurrection that I have told nobody about, I am actually the strongest"

Ichigo dies but then comes back full hollow stronger because that's how it works

Shoot giant laser beams at each other

THE HEART

Line_HTX

Somehow I put that on hold and waited all those years and skipped it. Can't believe I've forgotten how shitty those characters were.

kewlmyc

How is the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan? It was just added to CR in selected countries.

Kinda boring honestly.

It makes sense really. The star of this spinoff was so boring that Kyon left her reality to go hang out with her emotionless robot alternate self instead because she was more interesting.

zulux21

Made in Abyss 10

I don't get why people were so disturbed by this episode.
It personally made me feel a little better, but that was because in comparison I am only currently bleeding out of one ear so it wasn't quite as bad as she was going through :p

ok, jokes aside I do get why people found it hard to watch, they did a nice job of making the viewer understand how much pain she was in. It's one of the first times in my life I was glad something was in a bit more of a chibi style. I'm kind of surprised it went uncensored given some of the other things I have seen censored in anime.

phaze

"I have a special 2nd resurrection that I have told nobody about, I am actually the strongest"

Ichigo dies but then comes back full hollow stronger because that's how it works

THE HEART

Well that too but of that I was mostly aware of.

But on animation front I thought it was not far behind best Naruto eps but its not even close. Sure there is some good effects animation for the beam spams and their fallouts but that's mostly it.

THE HEART

Lol have you read Black Clover or Fairy Tail?

Thud

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (Act I)

That was way better than I expected of a rakugo anime.

It's quite embarrassing that the name only now makes sense to me. Good stuff.

Sagrada Reset END

I think it's kinda fucking lame how MC literally did every single thing right and was successful and literally every fucking thing he did and how by the end of the story literally every character was on their knees to kiss the ground he walked on, including the antagonists, and has two girls ready to suck his dick at a moment's notice.

Why the fuck I watched this whole thing I'll never know their powers weren't even all that cool and the ones with interesting powers never fucking used them in interesting ways.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Classroom of Pantsu Thieves 10

Uxahhog.jpg

I hope the MC protects his smile.

Anything good in here?

A few good things actually...

Inuyasha is pretty great.
Soul Eater is pretty awesome.
5 Centimeters per Second is pretty. I don't like how it ends, but that has more to do with how I wanted it to end.
Death Note and Deadman Wonderland are decent but they're on Netflix.
And Digimon Adventure Tri is great if you remember the old series.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The upcoming Fourth OVA is actually covering canon material where
the Autumn Election Finalist meeting the Elite 10.

The first three are totally fanservice though so they're totally skippable, unless you know, you're down for the fanservice. :p

Ping pong is very important canon from the manga, you take that back.

Cornbread78

Lol, I remember watching that with my daughter on Nick along with Spongebob, lol.

Soul Eater, Naruto (all), YGO,

A few good things actually...

Inuyasha is pretty great.
Soul Eater is pretty awesome.
5 Centimeters per Second is pretty. I don't like how it ends, but that has more to do with how I wanted it to end.
Death Note and Deadman Wonderland are decent but they're on Netflix.
And Digimon Adventure Tri is great if you remember the old series.

Inuyashi is just the movie though...

I just got a cust to buy 5cm, so a victory there.

I have NF, so I'll watch those

Is Black Butler any good?

Sagrada Reset END

Well the lead up to the final arc was awesome and it was awesome, I dont know about this plot in the final episode, it just seemed that at the end of the day
everyone could just become friends and thats it, though in the Soma ends up the true loser cause no way can she end up with Kei, lol. So though the ending felt full of friendship, she ends up having to just accept being the loser. Oh well good for her can work with them both :(

Really overall one of the more gripping episodes week too week, too bad it will be one of the most forgotten anime of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom