• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I tried watching Kakegurui and all it did after 4 episodes was reminding me of how awesome Kaiji was. Shame there doesn't seem to be any gambling/psychological show out there that even comes close. If there's anything, let me know.

Anyhow, way too stupid a setup, incredibly clichéd characters and fanservice, simply boring games and the overall "character cheats, god main girl gets the cheat after game 1, god main girl defeats villain of the week" story of a school where no one actually ever learns or has some kind of social life made me quit in the middle of ep 4.

I tried watching Kakegurui and all it did after 4 episodes was reminding me of how awesome Kaiji was. Shame there doesn't seem to be any gambling/psychological show out there that even comes close. If there's anything, let me know.

Anyhow, way too stupid a setup, incredibly clichéd characters and fanservice, simply boring games and the overall "character cheats, god main girl gets the cheat after game 1, god main girl defeats villain of the week" story of a school where no one actually ever learns or has some kind of social life made me quit in the middle of ep 4.

One Outs is basically KaijiAkagi playing baseball.

edit: Scratch that. Akagi was the mahjong one by Kaiji's author. Also worth checking out.

[thread=1441763]
q3aspEW.jpg
[/thread]

[thread=1441763]
q3aspEW.jpg
[/thread]

[thread=1441763]
q3aspEW.jpg
[/thread]

[thread=1441763]
q3aspEW.jpg
[/thread]