• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest 2023 | OT | A'Dews E³X: Doritos Manvolution | June 8, 2PM PDT/3PM EDT/9PM CEST/8PM BST

Do you think Summer Game Fest 2023 will be good?

• Yes

Votes: 44 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 35.2%
  • Yesn't

Votes: 35 17.6%
  • Xbox Showcase will be better

Votes: 38 19.1%
  • PlayStation Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Capcom Showcase will be better

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supernova8

Banned
It wasn't exactly earth-shattering but, since I went in with super low expectations, I guess it wasn't terrible. Plus the free taco with Door Dash was funny. Then again I can kinda see why he didn't hype it that much.

Gambit2483

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth saved this show for me...........Once again THANK GOD for Japanese games.
falcon-sam-wilson.gif

Shifty1897

I laughed so hard when they put ON 2 DISCS right there at the end of the FF7 Rebirth trailer. Square marketing is so fucking weird, I love it.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Liked the show.

Glad to see some more information on Alan Wake 2 even if it left me a little cold. Sam Lake coming on stage and saying something along the lines of "this is Remedy's first horror game" was exciting and then showing game play that looks dead on the same as the original (the quick dodge, the flash light to stun) with the only exception being the deer masked enemy being way more of a bullet sponge than the enemies in the original. Maybe that's a boss or maybe that's the difference, fewer but more powerful enemies. At any rate, not very exciting as the formula in the original quickly outwore its' welcome.

Nicholas Cage was a treat even if I'm not interested in Dead by Daylight. I really wish he'd answered "because money" to Geoff's constant rephrasing of "why be in video games now".

A John Carpenter game could be fun. Same developers thought brought us World War Z which is about the only competent L4D clone we've seen.

Loved MK9, hated everything afterwards. Not sold on MK1 but I dig what they are doing with the storyline. Still worried about monetization with the Krypt.

Space Marine is a guilty pleasure. I might not be there day one for Space Marine 2 but I'll be there eventually.

Sandland is a big unknown for now but Akira Toriyama being attached is enough to keep me interested.

Remnant II getting a release date is great. I'll be there day 1 after getting the first game via PS+ and playing through with a buddy.

Witchfire giving off Painkiller vibes makes sense considering the pedigree.

Path of Exile 2 looks dope.

Fredrik

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth saved this show for me...........Once again THANK GOD for Japanese games.
I didn’t even think the rest of the show was bad, Rebirth took the show from good to great for me!
Witchfire - Did everybody else miss that trailer? Looked sooo good.
And a new 2D Prince of Persia! - Looked really polished, fast, smooth, could be awesome.
FF7 Ever Crisis - Mobile, but this looked great! Most polished old-school FF7.
Alan Wake 2 - Haven’t actually played the first one but I liked what I saw and the split story angle seemed interesting.
MK1 - Gore annoys me. But the gameplay looked great! Maybe there is a blood and fatality switch? Not likely.

Kusarigama

It was very nice show overall. I like a little banter about the games that are shown. It cranks up the momentary anticipation.

I was all in for Mortal Kombat 1 and after that I really couldn't focus much on other things. But i did watch it all. I am thankful to Geoff Keighley for starting SummerGameFest. Wish him the best for future.

Aurelius

Great show! 5 games I’m interested in, which is 5 more than after the PlayStation Showcase.

Sandland
Like a Dragon: Gaiden
Under the Waves
Warhammer II
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

But where was Kojima? Is the love over?

This show started hot, but the second half sucked donkey balls. Like a Dragon: Gaiden, Immortals of Aveum, and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth were the only games worth it in the second half. Even then I'm not 100% sold FF or Immortals.....

VN1X

Banned
Old-school Prince of Persia but Metroidvania? Yes please.

Trailer was awful obviously, especially with that music but otherwise it looks like the business.

Top Bottom