• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Games Done Quick 2015 | July 26 - August 1st | This is what speed looks like!

TUSR

Banned

DIRECT LINK TO LIVE STREAM
DIRECT LINK TO SCHEDULE
(Schedule is converted to your local time)

VODs (Previous Runs)

WHAT IS SGDQ2015?
Summer Games Done Quick 2015 is a 7-day event (from July 26 - August 1st) to raise money for Doctors Without Boarders.
Featuring over 100 games, speed runners will play continuously in order to collect donations for Doctors Without Boarders, the partner for this event.
During the marathon, donations enter you into various prizes, and can be used to determine the outcome of bidding wars! The various prizes and bidding wars can be found in the SGDQ2015 schedule.

CHARITY INFO
Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières), is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization that helps people worldwide where the need is greatest, delivering emergency medical aid to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters or exclusion from health care.

HUy1Dpa.png

HOW CAN I DONATE?

MERCHANDISE

Decals inspired by the games being run at this year's SGDQ

DONATION/INCENTIVE/PRIZE TRACKER

FAQs

ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION
Game Submissions (Rejected/Accepted Game Submissions)
How to Attend
Host Schedule
Donations/Tech Schedule
Volunteer Personal Schedule

IMPORTANT LINKS

GAF TWITCH CHAT

I made a Twitch chat room called NeoGAF

Post your Twitch names and ill start inviting before the event starts.

Quote this post and I (or someone else) will get you an invite.

HOW TO ACCEPT CHAT INVITE

The OP will be updated regularly throughout the event and will be filled out over the week with additional links.

TUSR

Banned
I made a Twitch chat room called NeoGAF

Post your Twitch names and ill start inviting before the event starts.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Ohh it's that time of the year again (again). So ready!

Nista

Looking forward to this, looks like there's some fun and silly games on the schedule.

Twitch name is dragonista, though I'm not sure we're ever logged in when watching on console.

T.O.P

Banned
AGDQ gets worst year after year unfortunately

Last year felt way too strict and professional, it was a sterilized version of the old AGDQ, i can understand that the bigger the event becomes the more strict certain rules will be...yet, i miss the couch crazy talks, the interaction with the crowd and the casual shit talk, A LOT

It's just not the same thing that you could start watching with a beer expecting to laugh together with the crowd

Hell, the best part of last year was the skype call with Grant Kirkhope, dude just going all in not giving a fuck

A thing I might not be doing for future. Looking at the submissions list.

Why? In the submissions list there is an F-Zero GX one handed run (because you need to crush 99% of gamers egos by saying "but you can't beat F-Zero GX with a hand tied behind your back?"). However, the runner is unable to attend so the run isn't happening (they are far from the only drop out as well). Then again since submissions need evidence it is a pretty cool run but more exciting with commentary and the live audience.

I notice no setup times in the schedule as well. There seem to BONUS instead which I assume replace these?

I probably won't be watching many runs live (bad times or just not interested) and for longer games I watch I might even even watch them at *1.25 speed on youtube (it should be noted they are clamping down on third party uploads of videos, though runners will be upload their runs).

Venfayth

Yay more TGM. They really ought to have a shmup scoring exhibition if they're doing TGM again. Those games are equally impressive at the highest level, although I guess less relate-able than TGM. Looking forward to more TASbot stuff too (now I notice Ikaruga is in there, heh)

Top Bottom