• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sumo Digital working on a game based on the ‘world’s best known and best-loved fantasy franchises'

So Harry Potter, then. They have that Fantastic Beasts thing. "Franchises". LOTR and GOT are both one shots at this point.

jhjfss

MS
San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Holammer

My first thought, just based on the wording. Then again, there's no real objective measure for "best loved," and people tend to hype up their own projects on resumes, so this could be a My Little Pony game for all we know.
That got me thinking and I had to Google. They never made any actual games based on MLP, just a bunch of gacha looking phone app stuff. One would imagine that the series would have been a perfect fit for a South park style adventure game.

My guess is LotR, it's the obvious one and if it's something else, that's a gyp.

GreenAlien

This is a british studio, so..

Obviously, it's a Doctor Who Tardis Racing game, where you not only race along a set route, but also through time. You can't relax just because you are in the lead in 1985, the others could travel to 1058 and arrive way ahead of you, even though they were behind you just a moment ago. This new mechanic adds the unpredictability that has been missing from common racing games.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Everybody is calling Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, but I'm saying it is a Star Wars game.

Though what I wouldn't give for a proper AAA Witcher 3 type Game of Thrones game.

Zannegan

Hey guys... what are the odds she's just talking about "Hood" as a loose adaptation of Robin Hood?

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
They might be helping with the Gollum game ? This looks the most likely to me.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly I can hold out for a British developed Discworld game, can't trust the Yanks with that sort of thing, humours far too clever for them, look what happened when they tried to adapt The Watch, absolute disaster.

However I suspect it won't be that despite how loved it is, possibly another Warhammer Fantasy game as Games Workshop just hands on the licence for practically free these days.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Everybody is calling Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, but I'm saying it is a Star Wars game.

Though what I wouldn't give for a proper AAA Witcher 3 type Game of Thrones game.

Star Wars doesn’t fit the criteria that’s all. It’s not known as a fantasy franchise. It’s sci fi fantasy, space opera... but when people talk fantasy they mean shit like Lotr, HP etc

Three

Hasn't there been a Harry Potter RPG game leak for years and years now? Started in 2018 I believe. I'm guessing the are working on that now.

Edit:

Being developed by Avalanche. Unless Sumo have taken over or they are making two Harry potter games I doubt it's Harry Potter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom