• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive in next months EDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resistance 3 had one of the best motion blur implementations that I've seen so I'd expect this to have good motion blur too.

It's the criminally underrated Resistance 3 that tells me that this game is going to be alright. Insomniac are solid.

a few years ago is enough time to take that back. I want mah 60 fps pls Insomniac pls pls

Wasn't that said only in relation to the Ratchet games though, because they were having to go bigger/better/more particles towards the end of the gen? I don't think they meant the complete abandonment of it, especially with the new consoles

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Really interesting to see what they have been cooking up with the power of the cloud, their concepts for it, sound really good.

I subbed to Edge (partly to get this issue but also because with 50% it made sense to do that rather than pay £5 an issue), so I should get it on the day next Thursday but I'm now out all day.

:(

Mdesilva

Potentially the Xbone's killer app. Really excited about the idea. I hope it delivers and makes me want to buy the console.

-PXG-

It's funny how we know absolutely nothing about this game. Almost an entire year and nothing. I guess they just announced it way too early. It kinda sucks them, since we know of and have seen a good portion of other the games coming out later this year. All we have for this is an old CG concept trailer from E3 of last year. It just seems they have a big uphill battle to fight here. They don't have much time to educate the public as to what Sunset Overdrive is, what's it about and then go into details in the following months, before its launch.

Oh well.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i have zero hype for this game. something about the character designs and overall aesthetic turned me off when they did the reveal :\

It's funny how we know absolutely nothing about this game. Almost an entire year and nothing. I guess they just announced it way too early. It kinda sucks them, since we know of and have seen a good portion of other the games coming out later this year. All we have for this is an old CG concept trailer from E3 of last year. It just seems they have a big uphill battle to fight here. They don't have much time to educate the public as to what Sunset Overdrive is, what's it about and then go into details in the following months, before its launch.

Oh well.

That was the case for Overstrike, which became Fuse. They actually updated us right AFTER the following E3, so it was over a year. Let's hope SO's fate turns out a little better.

RoKKeR

So do we think this will be an Edge exclusive thing, or are they just running with whatever information happens to come out next week but got it ahead of time?

That was the case for Overstrike, which became Fuse. They actually updated us right AFTER the following E3, so it was over a year. Let's hope SO's fate turns out a little better.

Phil said fairly recently (Feb?) that we would find out more about Sunset Overdrive E3, then this happened and he said the plan changed a little. I think they're trying to ensure it gets the seperate coverage they think the game deserves and between last E3 and now theyre just letting Insomniac get on with making the game, in latter years of the 360 MS tended to leave games to be announced they year they shipped, obviously they couldnt do that last E3 but it still has the same public showing.

As its Microsoft (probably) only big new IP coming this holiday I would expect a big marketing effort behind it.

rrc1594

The main reason I'm looking forward to this game is it could be a great co-op game. I miss co-op and their hasn't been that many fun co-op games in a while. I was hoping the The Order was Co-Op, but that's not happening.

That's why I need CrackDown 3 also

Rozart

Love how it looks so far! I'm hoping this game turns out good. I really like the art direction that they've taken with it-- fun, wacky, bright, vibrant-- things that remind me of the old Insomniac. Hopefully, this game would be the resurgent game that they need to go back to their core self again.

rrc1594

Phil said fairly recently (Feb?) that we would find out more about Sunset Overdrive E3, then this happened and he said the plan changed a little. I think they're trying to ensure it gets the seperate coverage they think the game deserves and between last E3 and now theyre just letting Insomniac get on with making the game, in latter years of the 360 MS tended to leave games to be announced they year they shipped, obviously they couldnt do that last E3 but it still has the same public showing.

As its Microsoft (probably) only big new IP coming this holiday I would expect a big marketing effort behind it.

Yeah this also makes, me think it's coming out early Fall 2014 like September

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
the look and "style" of this game sound solid but i have absolutely zero confidence that it will control/play/feel anywhere NEAR as dynamic and exciting as the trailers and gifs i've seen let off...

I dig insomniac so I hope the best for them but i gotta see someone actually playing this before I lament that i'll never have a chance to.

Yeah this also makes, me think it's coming out early Fall 2014 like September

September - Sunset Overdrive (late September)
October - Forza Horizon 2, probably October 7th like every other game
November - Halo 2 Anniversary/Halo War Collection w/ports of 2/3

Downloadable games too, I guess?

the look and "style" of this game sound solid but i have absolutely zero confidence that it will control/play/feel anywhere NEAR as dynamic and exciting as the trailers and gifs i've seen let off...

I dig insomniac so I hope the best for them but i gotta see someone actually playing this before I lament that i'll never have a chance to.

Mirrors Edge/Jet Set Radio/Titanfall (parkour controls?) is what im envisioning...

rrc1594

Is the game open world cause if so then yeah, but if it's more linear then maybe

The Flash

Banned
I really hope SO is good. I really like the angle that their taking with the game. Hopefully the execution is just as good.

rrc1594

I'm hype just went down from 9 to a 8. Their is no co-op, but does have multiplayer modes. It's still open world so I'm happy about that, I never played Ratchet and Clank were they open world?

nbthedude

I predict this game is going to be the Xbox One's Infamous: a totally competent open world game but ultimately completely forgettable that nobody will care about a month after it is released.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
I'm hype just went down from 9 to a 8. Their is no co-op, but does have multiplayer modes. It's still open world so I'm happy about that, I never played Ratchet and Clank were they open world?

I just read this too... I was hoping for 4 player co-op based on the trailer. Maybe the multiplayer mode is co-op but not having anything to do with the singleplayer story?

The Flash

Banned
I predict this game is going to be the Xbox One's Infamous: a totally competent open world game but ultimately completely forgettable that nobody will care about a month after it is released.

What's wrong with inFamous? I've never played any of them myself but they look cool, especially the new one.

We know almost nothing substantial about it nor have we seen any worthwhile gameplay...

I guess that's why he said it MIGHT get him to buy an xbox.

rrc1594

I just read this too... I was hoping for 4 player co-op based on the trailer. Maybe the multiplayer mode is co-op but not having anything to do with the singleplayer story?

Maybe they said with the Cloud to add changes to the world consistently. Now my interest for game has went up, on how different the multiplayer is going to be from single-player. I have a strong feeling it's going to be like Team Fortress which I would be cool with,

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Did We say no co-op?

Campaign/story is single-player.

There is multiplayer as well, as you saw in the E3 teaser....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom