• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive |OT| It's Always Sunny in the Apocalypse

Fuchsdh

I am stuck on the
nanites
part. It is driving me crazy. I have gotten 975 several times.

Are you using the down-smash move? I found that was the fastest way to kill things off in a radius. Mostly, don't worry about clearing out an area. You want to go after the big bots as priority. No way you can get enough small guys to finish it.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I'm stuck on the 'ALL YOU NEED IS KILL CODES' mission for the new DLC. I've cleared the area and nothing is happening. I think I'm stuck and will need to restart. :(

Edit - nvm, finally after several minutes of running around in circles it advanced to the final step of the mission.

e90Mark

DLC bugged out for me killing the
training bot
, but pretty cool overall. Feels about the same length as Mooil in terms of story.

Also, I was trying to do the first
note
finding for the new
weapon
, but I cleared the area and couldn't find it, so I gave up lol.

DLC bugged out for me killing the
training bot
, but pretty cool overall. Feels about the same length as Mooil in terms of story.

Also, I was trying to do the first
note
finding for the new
weapon
, but I cleared the area and couldn't find it, so I gave up lol.

It's in this tiny purple crate. Easy to miss.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just got this game and am totally hooked. If anyone ever wants to play chaos squad sometime, I'm down!

SlickVic

Is there a list out there that shows all the unlockables you can get from Chaos Squad? I keep hearing how many things can only be unlocked from Chaos Squad but I can't seem to find anything that tells you all the clothing items you can get from that mode.

Bessy67

Is there a list out there that shows all the unlockables you can get from Chaos Squad? I keep hearing how many things can only be unlocked from Chaos Squad but I can't seem to find anything that tells you all the clothing items you can get from that mode.
There are quite a few I think. The big chaos squad unlockables are the pro-pain launcher weapon and the level 2 amps but there are a lot of clothes too. A list would definitely be nice.

Man no one is playing chaos squad anymore. Damn that sucks. I have like 6 achievements left and most are for chaos squad. Is there anyway to get high enough scores private?

Yeah, was not expecting
Brandon
to show up like that, that... was something else :p

Altogether, rock-solid DLC. Shame that's the last bit we're getting... hopefully a sequel is in the works, though.

I needs more.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
This DLC was great as was the first one. LOL @ the
Office Space and Terminator 2
references. I am sure there were more that I didn't pick up on too.

Fuchsdh

Man no one is playing chaos squad anymore. Damn that sucks. I have like 6 achievements left and most are for chaos squad. Is there anyway to get high enough scores private?

If you need people, I can't recommend the power of TrueAchievements boosting sessions enough.

Its a shame its over, I liked it a lot and it was always funny. Hopefully we get SO2 and it comes back! Brandon (and the team) always did a good job

Sydle

Just finished Dawn of the Rise of the Fallen Machines. So much fun and cements for me that Insomniac is still the boss when it comes to boss fights.

AMAZING game.

RoKKeR

So I know his thread isn't very active anymore but I finally came back to Sunset Overdrive, continued my campaign and beat the game. Damn, so impressed with what Insomniac has made here. I put quite a bit of time in with the game last year but got side track with other games and being busy in general.

Think it's easily one of the best games I've played on the One, and probably would have ranked even higher on my list last year had I put more time in. Now I wait for a slight discount on the season pass and then I'm in.

Really hope Insomniac gets to create a sequel, the industry needs more games with Sunset's style, humor, and hilariously chaotic gameplay.

Are people still playing? I loved the weekend demo they had, and I finally picked it up for a song used. Really want to do some Chaos Squad. Is the online population still alright?

Bit late but I finally got around to play both DLCs, which I thought were mostly great.

Only bad thing is the multiplayer is essentially dead so I'm missing the achievements for those. Probably a long shot but if anyone randomly needs/wants to get the Chaos Squad achievements for Mooil Rig and Fizzco Robotics then feel free to hit me up. Also need the achievement for getting a higher score than someone that has the Beat the Dev achievement so even more of a positive if you have that.

Bessy67

Bit late but I finally got around to play both DLCs, which I thought were mostly great.

Only bad thing is the multiplayer is essentially dead so I'm missing the achievements for those. Probably a long shot but if anyone randomly needs/wants to get the Chaos Squad achievements for Mooil Rig and Fizzco Robotics then feel free to hit me up. Also need the achievement for getting a higher score than someone that has the Beat the Dev achievement so even more of a positive if you have that.
I need the Mooil and Fizzco MP achievements as well and I have the Beat the Dev one. I probably wouldn't be able to play much today but tomorrow night and the rest of the weekend I'm free. My GT is bessy67.

Broman1978

After the Ratchet and Clank announcement yesterday I was tempted to boot up Sunset again after many months away from the game. Damn this game still rocks! Love the humour, the controls and the action! Would love to see a sequel! :)

dedhead54

Finally bought the Season Pass since it is on sale this week. I meant to start the Oil Rig DLC first but mistakenly started Dawn of The Rise of The Fallen Machines. Just did the first couple of missions/quests but I already have fallen back in love with this game. Great game to throw on in between long Witcher 3 sessions.

Is season pass worth it? $13.99 seems pricey, even as a sale price

Yes. The two story sections are very high quality with awesome bosses, very good. People say they're quite short (for full disclosure) but there are a few side missions, collectables, challenges so if you do it all I think you'll be satisfied as the bosses are reeeeeaaaalllllly good.

Yes. The two story sections are very high quality with awesome bosses, very good. People say they're quite short (for full disclosure) but there are a few side missions, collectables, challenges so if you do it all I think you'll be satisfied as the bosses are reeeeeaaaalllllly good.

How long is short?

Top Bottom