• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive runs at 30 fps/900p

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What happened for developers not using the Kinect is that there was a slight boost in CPU power that we got to take advantage of. This game really does push the limits when it comes to the number of enemies on screen, so it was useful for us to have more CPU juice to help with physics, navigation and AI. We’re running at 900p and 30 fps native. This is a game with a lot on the screen and we made the choice to be at 900 because we wanted to push the level of detail, action, the size of the city and the views you can experience as move around. What’s great about Sunset Overdrive is if you can see it, you can go there."
IDK if this has been posted before.
Game looks great.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09...the-biggest-game-weve-ever-made?+main+twitter

Cheddahz

Banned
I already know that we will have people come in here and complain about this, but I'm ok with this. I'm just hoping that they mean that it's 30FPS locked

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
It's the GPU reserve that was opened up, or maybe Kinect was using some of the CPU as well? Also, 900p is OK with me if it's a Ryse quality 900p. I do wonder if this was the best decision for an open world game as things in the distance could look rough. This is still my most anticipated game of the year, though.

The game looks amazing in motion and I am happy with 30fps at 900P as long as there is no drops. That annoys me in games, Dead Rising 3 was fun but was very stutter when I played it.

Preordered although with the Xbox One price drop I may get the White bundle...

¡HarlequinPanic!;131604959 said:
Thought this was known for a while? Am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken.

As long as the framerate is smooth, I'm not going to be upset at 900p.

Yea, but I'm guessing people were hoping the boost from the Kinect removal would help push up the resolution or something.
They already addressed that question a couple months ago, and said they weren't using the extra power for resolution.

Yea, but I'm guessing people were hoping the boost from the Kinect removal would help push up the resolution or something.

If people know anything about that, they would know that it is a redherring tactic. 10% =/ huge resolution boost or anything if you are already using all of the GPU resources.

What happened with destiny/diablo just shows how little those games were using the resources in the first place.

Mesoian

I'm actually way more interested in seeing a detailed run through the character creator. That's where this game is going to live and die with me.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
They already addressed that question a couple months ago, and said they weren't using the extra power for resolution.

Yup. We've known for some time that it would not get a resolution boost. I just hope the anti-aliasing solution is a quality one and that the framerate is solid.

GavinGT

Banned
If people know anything about that, they would know that it is a redherring tactic. 10% =/ huge resolution boost or anything if you are already using all of the GPU resources.

What happened with destiny/diablo just shows how little those games were using the resources in the first place.

Ehh, I think those were more a case of ruthless optimization.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
900p make sense for xbox one. i'd rather they choose that than force a resolution that would make developers compromise in other areas.

Haines

Banned
Fully expected but man...increasing the level of detail by having it at 900p? So backwards.

I'll still enjoy the game but its clear Xbox one is simply holding games back.

Miles X

Don't. Give. A. Shit.

Game looks phenomenal.

Such a shame all this framerate/resolution has dominated gaming news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom