• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Awesome Paper Mario

madhtr

There are just way too many damn games that I want to buy this fall. I'm gonna be making more money at my job.... and yet it'll still feel about the same after I buy all of these games. Oh well, guess it's better than not enough good games, and still wanting to buy them.

SPM is a day-one buy for me this fall in any case.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
That boss is straight out of Shadow of the Collossus... except with a playable framerate.

Amir0x

Banned
wasn't as cool as i thought it would be up until mario jumped on the dragons back and then kept switching between 2D and 3D space

but then, the dude who was playing was terrible..

Sagitario

Because it fits:

awesomo.jpg

Looks iffy, I'm not too sure how much I'll like this with the switching between 2D and 3D, not too sure how everything will work out. I'm sure you'll have to use 3D for some things. I'm still going to get it though because I love Paper Mario 2 and I owe them more money for it's greatness.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
The name needs to be Super ****ing Paper Mario from now on.

:lol anyone else noticed the kid playing wearing a mario hat?

Gigglepoo

Ah, Super Paper Mario Awesome Circle Jerk thread

Where the hell was this being played? Why wasn't this at E3? Man, I want this so bad. So very, very bad.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Gigglepoo said:
Ah, Super Paper Mario Awesome Circle Jerk thread

Where the hell was this being played? Why wasn't this at E3? Man, I want this so bad. So very, very bad.

World Hobby Fair 2006 going on right now!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yep, have to keep my gamecube.. no choice now

ant1532

Banned
:O

But also a nice time for people who haven't played the first ones, i suggest go pick them up and play them. now.

Ttydbox.jpg

Tarazet

ant1532 said:

But also a nice time for people who haven't played the first ones, i suggest go pick them up and play them. now.

Ttydbox.jpg

I'm replaying it right now.. my first save file had 73 hours on it! I would probably be able to finish it up this time in under 10, but I'm also trying to do it by only boosting up the FP stat whenever I level up... it's still easy where I am now (Boggly Woods) but it might get very, very hard very quickly.

ant1532

Banned
sonarrat said:
I'm replaying it right now.. my first save file had 73 hours on it! I would probably be able to finish it up this time in under 10, but I'm also trying to do it by only boosting up the FP stat whenever I level up... it's still easy where I am now (Boggly Woods) but it might get very, very hard very quickly.
nice.

Anyways, WTF.... Does anyone know what games are playable at the World Hobby Fair? I mean jesus, did anyone know about this? Where is the news? Isn't Pokemon supposed to be there playable also? I feel deserted!

Terrell

ant1532 said:

Ttydbox.jpg

Yes, don't let the lame boxart fool you, this stuff's the real deal, man! :)

Sagitario

ant1532 said:

Ttydbox.jpg

This remind me I haven't finished it yet.. as soon as I finish this game I'm playing right now, Paper Mario will be next... I believe I got all the stars already...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's gorgeous to look at. but those videos drive home the point that it's something other than a pure mario platformer. of course that isn't new information -- it was announced as a platform/rpg hybrid of some kind. i hope it turns out well. i've always liked paper mario's visual style, but i've never had much desire to play the games.

acidviper

Banned
ant1532 said:

Ttydbox.jpg
Paper Mario 64>>>>>>>>>>>>>TYD.

I don't know why people keep saying this is a good game. Its "backtracking" hell on par with the recent Naruto "filler episode" hell and really, really bad voyeur computer sequences. I mean its gouge your eyes out and Reservoir Dogging your ears bad.

Oh and Capcom, port over Okami.

Crab Shaker

Doesn't pay his sources
Ummmm Did anyone else notice that NAVI is following mario around? Or is this old news and I just haven't kept up with Super Paper Mario?

Unlike most people, I actually liked her :p

Crab Shaker said:
Ummmm Did anyone else notice that NAVI is following mario around? Or is this old news and I just haven't kept up with Super Paper Mario?

Unlike most people, I actually liked her :p
Ah, but she's paper so you can screw her up and throw her in the bin if she gets annoying.

Neomoto

Hot damm, give it to me! To bad the player isn't good but it looks fantastic.

Blackcherry said:
OMFG @ THE BOSS!!!!! but I need to see more for an certified day 1 purchase :(
1. It's ****ing Paper Mario
2. Hybrid of Paper Mario RPG and Super Mario platforming
3. It's made by Intelligent Systems.

How many more reasons can you possibly want? ;)

when i played paper mario for gc and at the end of every chapter there were the levels of super mario bros with bowser, i always hoped that they make a game like this
and here we are...
can't wait :)

It looks great, but I don't think it neccessarily replaces what New Super Mario Bros. (and the eventual NSMB2) brings to the table.

The Paper Mario engine isn't going to feel exactly like the classic 2D Mario engines ... but this is going to be it's own type of game, and I think IS will bring a lot of quirky new things to the table.

It will also be interesting to see how Yoshi's Island 2 compares.

Top Bottom