• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

On a 1:1 basis a werewolf would wreck a vampire. However Vampires either forge alliances within their kind or manipulate/control mortals to do their bidding, creating power in numbers that werewolves can't compete with.

ShadyK54

No, I mean the bad end that happens if
Kyoko dies where if flashes forward to Toko being dead and the three remaining guys all fucked Hina and had kids with her.

Uhhhh what the fuck. Gonna have to look into this because this is the first I’ve ever heard of it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Anyone else a little off put by the shit storm videos all being two-parters? Maybe its because we finally hit the point where there's just not enough horror games for Shitstorm. THough, I guess most of these games would have ended at the half hour point so longer looks are nice, but still...

Fat4all

Banned
Anyone else a little off put by the shit storm videos all being two-parters? Maybe its because we finally hit the point where there's just not enough horror games for Shitstorm. THough, I guess most of these games would have ended at the half hour point so longer looks are nice, but still...

Was it confirmed all of the Shitstorm vids this year would be two-parters?

I don't think it's such a bad thing. It feels like a decent balance between one-off videos and the week-long parts they've done in the past, and there's certainly been multiple Shitstorm vids they've done as one-offs that I would of preferred more vids of in the past.

Frimaire

I mean, Roots of Insanity was already a one-off, so if they were planning on doing all two-parters they already fucked up...

I guess they ran out of spoopy fite games to do for October.

Or they found more games they wanted to do longer looks at, as they said on the podcast. I don't think a single episode of Darkwood would have been that great personally.

Steam is filled with endless horror trash so it's nice to have them highlight good spooky games.

Or they found more games they wanted to do longer looks at, as they said on the podcast. I don't think a single episode of Darkwood would have been that great personally.

Steam is filled with endless horror trash so it's nice to have them highlight good spooky games.

I'm talking about fisticuffs/scrublords. Last year they did horror themed fight games for October.

I think it helps with the games they're playing. None of them have been (in my opinion) a decent game-type to only do 20-25 minutes of.

Like, with that crafting/survival game (Darkwood), I don't think either 20ish minute video they did would have been a good video as a standalone, but by at least putting both parts out I feel like there was a whole 'story' told at least.

Yeah, they probably could have cut it into a 30 min video, but you would have missed the backstory part or the attack at the end.

It seems more like they try to end videos on jumpscares (or action).

Disgraced

Maybe its because we finally hit the point where there's just not enough horror games for Shitstorm.
They will not hit that point. There are too many games out there and too many games always coming out. They will not hit that point before them playing horror games becomes too stale to watch.

All this dying at every 40 seconds or so is really heightening the tension.

"Is he going to survive THIS tutorial room!? ...no.
What about THIS tutorial roo-- ...no.
This is just a flight of stairs so surely he won't-- ...oh"

Yeah, the video convinced me to pick it up for my own horror playthroughs.

Was really hoping they'd get to the Kitchen before part 2 ended, but i guess its better that people experience that bit for themselves reallly. That said, I'd love to see them do a full LP of it once the Shitstorm's over.

Xux

I remember Matt streaming this game so I guess it kinda dulls it for me since I thought it was a bit more boring than Little Nightmares. Not really glad about the multiple parts.

Lulubop

I remember Matt streaming this game so I guess it kinda dulls it for me since I thought it was a bit more boring than Little Nightmares. Not really glad about the multiple parts.

Idk, I thought this was the best one yet. Looks like a dope game.

Eh, not everyone watches his stream and I think he's much better with Pat along for the ride anyway.

Exodust

Banned
Policenauts nearing the end and shit is getting hype.

I know it's been an unpopular LP, and parts of it drag, but it's honestly one of my favorite LP's of theirs. Just a lot of great moments.

Frimaire

Policenauts is unpopular? I think it's a great LP.

Edit: huh, I guess they only get like ~25k views...
Also wow, Dead space got like 100k pretty consistently.

How did it end? I never got to see the stream archive of the ending. The last part I remember seeing was
Fang and her teacher might've gone to the movies and gone a little too far
Policenauts is unpopular? I think it's a great LP.

Edit: huh, I guess they only get like ~25k views...
Also wow, Dead space got like 100k pretty consistently.
Policenauts will be a better compilation than LP, although Woolie and Pat not reading most of the lines explains why it's not popular (besides the slow pacing).

It's because they don't read what's on the screen half the time and it's a point and click adventure.

This pretty much. I do most my watching at work, which means a lot of the time my eyes are on something else. But this LP demands your visual attention because they don't read, or even attempt to summarize, much of what's being said.

Frimaire

Hahaha holy shit, the most recent Policenauts is amazing
They have a ludicrous amount of motivation to go after the bad guys.
It's because they don't read what's on the screen half the time and it's a point and click adventure.

Policenauts will be a better compilation than LP, although Woolie and Pat not reading most of the lines explains why it's not popular (besides the slow pacing).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think there were even a few people earlier in this thread who said they weren't watching for that reason.

Policenauts nearing the end and shit is getting hype.

I know it's been an unpopular LP, and parts of it drag, but it's honestly one of my favorite LP's of theirs. Just a lot of great moments.

Me too, i thought at first that an lp of that game wouldnt work because of its seemingly boring gameplay, but the commentary is good and the story is fun early kojima.

Anung

Un Rama
Detention didn't do much for me to be honest. Found it very boring. Most videos being 2 parters seems very artificial but I get it.

I do think I'd like a Little Nightmares LP.

Top Bottom