• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Anung

Un Rama
Oh wow is the texture streaming that bad on PS4 Pro for RE7? I hardly ever saw any low-res on PC

Dat grandfather clock

They playing on a pro? Because I personally never had that issue on mine. Then again I walked from the bedroom to the hall clock right away instead of going around first.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
And yet I think they've managed to miss a backpack.

Can't comment on the current part, but these have been rumbling for a couple days now. Honestly, i think its more basic experience with survival horror and the simple fact these puzzles honestly don't seem that difficult. You pick up an item, well better keep it in your inventory until you find it. Even to some story guesses, like these guys are near RE lore dumps, not that crazy theyd figure stuff out. Like several months before the game even came out, Pat basically guessed the contamination thing(in the LP, he said must be
the boat
which makes sense). Honestly, i think yiu guys are jumping at ghosts, and will keep jumping until Pat "fucks up" i guess?

That said, I could be wrong. MGR did happen, and even tho it didn't bother me, i know if bothered a lot of people.

Anung

Un Rama
Such lore dumps they missed the obvious Trevor connection when it was right in front of them.

If they're going to do a blind LP they should do a blind LP. Pat not being able to keep his dick in his pants and look things up sucks but pretending (badly might I add) otherwise is LP ruining for me.

I genuinely prefer them sucking at a game (like early episodes) because at least it's honest.

Also Matt could at least try and sound like he wants to be there.

Such lore dumps they missed the obvious Trevor connection when it was right in front of them.

If they're going to do a blind LP they should do a blind LP. Pat not being able to keep his dick in his pants and look things up sucks but pretending (badly might I add) otherwise is LP ruining for me.

I genuinely prefer them sucking at a game (like early episodes) because at least it's honest.

Also Matt could at least try and sound like he wants to be there.

This has become a problem I've had with Pat in a lot of his LP's and even streams recently. He seems to pay less and less attention to what's happening in the game and eventually just "knows" how everything is going to play out making it painfully obvious that he either looked something up or got spoiled and just won't admit it. It's the feigning of ignorance that's bothersome.

On the topic of MGR, it's still an amusing LP but I can't deny that after learning the entire thing was faked hype it essentially made the base LP unwatchable. The Sam DLC is great because all of hem were blind to it outside of the trailer.

hamsjams

This is the first I'm hearing that Revengeance was faked. That's a damn shame because a few episodes of that playthrough is what initially got me into the channel.

Also, hello everybody.

I don't think Pat's faking it just because he can solve the puzzles easily. I watched Easy Allies' Frame Trap podcast and bunch of panelists said they thought the puzzles were too quick and easy, so what we're seeing is probably what Pat could accomplish in every game if the puzzles were equally easy.

Anung

Un Rama
I don't think Pat's faking it just because he can solve the puzzles easily. I watched Easy Allies' Frame Trap podcast and bunch of panelists said they thought the puzzles were too quick and easy, so what we're seeing is probably what Pat could accomplish in every game if the puzzles were equally easy.

He's very inconsistant. He struggles (and overthinks) with some very simple puzzles (or seeing items in plain sight) but then just happens to zone in on the correct area and correct answer to a puzzle with next to no thought.

Sylas

He's very inconsistant. He struggles (and overthinks) with some very simple puzzles (or seeing items in plain sight) but then just happens to zone in on the correct area and correct answer to a puzzle with next to no thought.
Is that not how everyone deals with puzzles? Sometimes it just clicks or sometimes you wander into the right area immediately and sometimes it takes you FOREVER to figure it out.

Inconsistency is inherent to the puzzle solving mechanic in most cases as far as I'm concerned.

I share Pat's puzzle hating ways so luckily it never bothered me when he does what he does

It doesn't bother us, or at least me that he may or may not look things up or get spoiled on them. It's that when it's painfully obvious that he knows he tries to pretend that he doesn't and it's frustrating.

Thinking back to another really bothersome one during the Bloodborne LP was when he just knew to hit the window after the Celestial Emissary fight. That one was so obvious that even Woolie called him out on his shit DURING the LP. Either way, the point is that I wish anyone that does LP's or streams that they label as blind really would just be up front when they know about certain things.

Anung

Un Rama
It doesn't bother us, or at least me that he may or may not look things up or get spoiled on them. It's that when it's painfully obvious that he knows he tries to pretend that he doesn't and it's frustrating.

Thinking back to another really bothersome one during the Bloodborne LP was when he just knew to hit the window after the Celestial Emissary fight. That one was so obvious that even Woolie called him out on his shit DURING the LP. Either way, the point is that I wish anyone that does LP's or streams that they label as blind really would just be up front when they know about certain things.

Yeah, for context I was moaning from the very start that I wanted a one-blind LP. RE LP's are the best LP's because at least one of them is super knowledgeable. I understand the need for blind LP's (new game hype, reactions) but when it's done like this no one really gets what they want. They know too much and fake it so it's not blind and disengenious but they don't know enough so it's frustrating.

I don't understand why anyone would be happy with faked reactions. It's just so....ehhhhhhhh. One of the reasons I gravitated to these guys in the first place is that they seemed so legit. If I want played up fake reactions there's a billion channels of that sort of crap. MGR is one of the biggest disappointments of the channel. All that goodwill wiped out.

Edzi

Yeah, for context I was moaning from the very start that I wanted a one-blind LP. RE LP's are the best LP's because at least one of them is super knowledgeable. I understand the need for blind LP's (new game hype, reactions) but when it's done like this no one really gets what they want. They know too much and fake it so it's not blind and disengenious but they don't know enough so it's frustrating.

I don't understand why anyone would be happy with faked reactions. It's just so....ehhhhhhhh. One of the reasons I gravitated to these guys in the first place is that they seemed so legit. If I want played up fake reactions there's a billion channels of that sort of crap. MGR is one of the biggest disappointments of the channel. All that goodwill wiped out.

The worst part about it is that the few times they've brought it up, they just kinda treat it as a joke and don't really seem to care. You'd think they'd realize it was something they shouldn't do, but I guess not.

Lol geez I think you guys are trying to see something that isn't there

If he wasn't going in blind I don't think he would have ignored the candle->door for so long

And wouldn't have missed the first repair kit despite getting going through the effort of getting the broken shotgun back

sjay1994

And yet I think they've managed to miss a backpack.

And they haven't gotten the repair kit underneath the house. Like this LP has been so inconsistent that its hard to say whether it is blind or not.

Pat finding the light puzzle with the axe could be explained by him just following the edge of the outside after using the keycard.

Then there is Pat spending 4 minutes looking to find out what to do after getting the password where to go, when he figures out how to clean the scope relatively quickly.

Honestly, I couldn't care. Learning the MGR LP wasn't blind hasn't ruined my enjoyment of that.

Edzi

Don't even know why some y'all care if it's "blind" or not. What do you get out of it being blind?

Are some of you being intentionally dense? Is it really so strange that people would be upset over disingenuous reactions/content? It's not about being blind, it's about pretending and essentially lying to the audience. I don't know if they're doing it for RE7 since I'm not watching that LP, but Revengeance continues to be the biggest stain on their record, and the way they've addressed it in the past has really really rubbed me the wrong way. For so many of you to just laugh it off and say you liked it anyway is mind boggling to me.

Just don't understand why it's a huge fuss to y'all. Best friends started off fake playing as characters. Particularly Matt who played up the 'dumb' angle, while Pat upped the 'anger'. I was fine with them,and obviously enough were since they only grew. Now we got people complaining about Matt being himself in the same line they're complaining about Pat maybe pretending to not be blind.

Jamie OD

Woolie just said on the podcast he is setting up a side channel for all his stuff that doesn't fit in for the main one.

Fancolors

Woolie just said on the podcast he is setting up a side channel for all his stuff that doesn't fit in for the main one.

Did he specify what type of content is this?

This is just speculation, but it feels like both Pat and Woolie are setting up a backup plan in case they leave.

Anung

Un Rama

This is just speculation, but it feels like both Pat and Woolie are setting up a backup plan in case they leave.

I'd totally be fine if they just called it a day and went full stream. Pat and Paige could really hit it big and Matt and Woolie have enough audience to live well enough.

Edzi

People have been speculating this for a while. Seems likely tbh, I just hope that if they plan on splitting content between the channel and their personal stuff that it doesn't turn into them prioritizing their main content less than they already do.

I'm kinda glad Woolie is going to be making some stuff of his own though, I've always been interested in seeing/hearing what he has to say.

I'd totally be fine if they just called it a day and went full stream. Pat and Paige could really hit it big and Matt and Woolie have enough audience to live well enough.

Are Pat's streams actually enjoyable? I'll be honest, I've been getting kinda burned out on Pat in general over the last year or so, so I haven't really given his channel a chance (Well, that, and the fact that I have issues with streaming in general). I'm also not a fan of the way the fandom has latched onto him and his girlfriend, so that bleeding into his streams might be another turn off.

It doesn't even necessarily need to be backup plans. Just things they do to supplement their pay. Woolie generally seems to like doing work to better himself, so may as well make money if he can doing that. As for Pat, if I could make extra money playing games on Twitch I'd also do it with my free time, even though I have a good job.

Fancolors

Pranks

Pie Stealing (GONE SEXUAL)

It's just edited content only iirc
Thanks, now the image of Woolie fucking a pie for views is now etched in my mind

Woolie would probably the one I follow if he goes solo since he's the podcast dude and that is his baby.

Anung

Un Rama
Are Pat's streams actually enjoyable? I'll be honest, I've been getting kinda burned out on Pat in general over the last year or so, so I haven't really given his channel a chance (Well, that, and the fact that I have issues with streaming in general). I'm also not a fan of the way the fandom has latched onto him and his girlfriend, so that bleeding into his streams might be another turn off.

Not watched a lot of them because I'm not a big stream guy and time zones but the chemistry and back and forth between the two is hilarious. It certainly seems like his heart is more in it in the those streams.

Sou Da

Not watched a lot of them because I'm not a big stream guy and time zones but the chemistry and back and forth between the two is hilarious. It certainly seems like his heart is more in it in the those streams.

I tuned in once, got tired of hearing the incredibly loud crunching sounds from his doritos in my ears and quit.

Strimei

Regarding the axe, I think it was just luck finding it but as soon as he found it I knew the axe was for it (since I watched another LP that found the axe but never found that puzzle, so the axe was never used, so I had figured it was used for something. Thought it'd either be a puzzle or you somehow turn this wooden thing into a super-axe), so I'm giving Pat the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, looks like Pat is in talks with getting Drakengard/Nier analyst Clemps on the Podcast maybe. Neat!

And finally, latest Dark Souls: I had to laugh at how aggressive Woolie was being in Sen's Fortress. You really can't be that aggressive in there your first time, the traps and shit will fuck you up right quick (as he found out). I look forward to seeing him suffer in there.

Strimei

I laughed out loud at Pat
convincing Woolie to kill himself

What I hope results from this
is if Woolie goes to Frampt at some point and finds him asleep, and Pat tells him to just give him a whack, that Woolie just flat out doesn't trust him and leaves Frampt be. That said, I do enjoy giving that stupid snake a whallop.

Fat4all

Banned
Regarding the axe, I think it was just luck finding it but as soon as he found it I knew the axe was for it (since I watched another LP that found the axe but never found that puzzle, so the axe was never used, so I had figured it was used for something. Thought it'd either be a puzzle or you somehow turn this wooden thing into a super-axe), so I'm giving Pat the benefit of the doubt.

I think it was just luck for Pat, too.

We'd know for sure it was on purpose if right after that he also looked for and found the repair kit in the yard as well.

Top Bottom