• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Disgraced

Anything neat?
The fucking parry, son. On anything.
Every move I've seen so far, anyway. And that includes some moves against bosses that do not look possible.
Because what Woolie fumbled with, it looked like a very basic three-hit combo.
It is that. but you can mix it with the heavy for some pretty nice alternatives. There's also really fluid cancelling and that guard break which becomes more important as it goes and the difficulty ramps up.

Ninja Theory's had problems that their eyes are bigger than their stomach in terms of combat systems--they want to make crazy Capcom/Platinum-scale systems, but their means don't support it--so I'm going to offer the perhaps unpopular opinion that for them to have found a game design where somewhat simpler and less systems-driven combat-focused gameplay is both acceptable and appropriate was the right option.

I do hope they continue to work on refining their gameplay and someday achieve what they obviously wanted to do in that arena, but recognizing your limitations and finding a game design that works well within them is an art all on its own.

Glad SuperBunnyHop's got a good patreon going.

Off topic but what episode in the Two Best Friends Play playthrough does Chapter 7 in Yakuza 0 begin? I'm often too exhausted to play games, so I decided to just watch a playthrough of Yakuza 0. I'm nervous about spoilers, so that's why I'm asking here instead of doing it by trial and error.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I've been going through Clemp's Drankenguard videos and hahaha this series is fucking dumb.

Also really happy SupperBunnyHop's patreon is going well. I don't know why, but there is something really endearing about knowing the youtube personalities I like have to work terrible jobs too.

aly

What's this I hear about them dissing the Batman/ Elmer Fudd crossover? They truly have terrible taste.

Also I really enjoyed the Hellblade videos. I was already planning on getting it but it's nice to saw people enjoying it.

What's this I hear about them dissing the Batman/ Elmer Fudd crossover? They truly have terrible taste.

djzovbcaxbfz.jpg

Village

Dc Loonytoon crossoevers are ussually super tight

6qmbnPn.jpg

Soon as I heard that, I was like " i need to see this elmer fudd batman" thing

I'm getting so much third hand schadenfreude from you guys experiencing TWD S3. It's amazing.

Edit: what do the Matt and Pat think of TWD S3?

Basically: the first few episodes are reasonably promising, and one of them even seems genuinely good, but the whole thing just goes to total and jaw-dropping shit in the last two episodes.

This is despite them coming at it from very different perspectives (Pat coming from Minecraft, and Matt coming from Batman).

Edit: When TellTale botches a finale this bad they should bring the SBF in and include their horrible ideas for options, like "It was all Kate's fault!" and "[Shoot Gabe]".

Matsukaze

"Don't make that pose, you little motherfucker!"

I was literally thinking the exact same thing when Pat said that lol

EDIT: Oh and fucking lol at David's quick change of heart

"I lost you once, Gabe. I'm not losing you again."

*five minutes later*

"Get fucked. You're on your own."

Anung

Un Rama
I'm glad Matt and Pats (and you guys) experiences mirrored my own. TWD S2 has its problems but S3 is a mess. It's like they didn't even try.

zeemumu

I liked the way my S3 playthrough went because everything went as good as it possibly could have been. I'll keep it as my controversial gaming opinion.

Might have something to do with me hating every single character in S2 (except maybe Luke), so having even one likeable character is boosting it.

joe2187

Banned
Dc Loonytoon crossoevers are ussually super tight

6qmbnPn.jpg

Soon as I heard that, I was like " i need to see this elmer fudd batman" thing

I've read all of them and so far the elmer fudd batman crossover was the best thing I've seen in comics in decades.

Wonder Womans was weak as fuck since she was paired with Taz, but the Jonah Hex - Yosemite Sam and Foghorn crossover was super super violent. Everything else was alright. But Jonah Hex and Elmer Fudd crossover was pretty amazing.

They had a decent time with Hellblade.

I guess a slight problem is that right now we're in the doldrums of game releases. They could stretch things and maybe find some fun in games that aren't their "thing", but in terms of releases that they care about they're going to be walking a bit before they hit the next oasis.

Strimei

I am honestly amazed and highly entertained at just how badly TWD season 3 has fallen apart. I mean, Jesus Christ. Not that the first three episodes were stellar but they at least managed to be...not this.

Also in the flashback, Papa Garcia is in two places at once. While David and Javi are talking to him, he's also behind David in the kitchen:

Strimei

Why are bites treated as a death sentence in TWD universe? I thought the infections just zombifies anybody who die, not just those bitten.

Anyone who dies (with their brain/head intact) rises as a zombie, though. We saw that with Javi's father, he died from his cancer but then rose.

The bite does pretty much transfer an infection that's fatal though, we saw that with Lee. He got bit and in the span of hours was going downhill. So its pretty quick through bites.

Why are bites treated as a death sentence in TWD universe? I thought the infections just zombifies anybody who die, not just those bitten.

Apparently the zombies are also host to some incredibly dangerous bloodborne illness, which is transfered 100% of the time via bite and 0% of the time through all other forms of contact, including slathering yourself in their guts and having them gasp and wheeze inches from your face.

In TellTale's defense, as completely moronic as that is, it isn't their call. That's just the way TWD universe works.

Anung

Un Rama

Human mouths are filled with bacteria on a good day let alone when your a walking corpse. if you die in anyway that doesn't destroy your brain you become a zombie. If you get bitten your infection gives you a fever that kills you and you turn.

Disgraced

David's "fuck everything and everyone, I'm leaving" behavior at the end of the last TWD's episode is like Matt and Pat's feelings on the game personified and he's their villain at the same time.

Top Bottom