• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Play break up

dirthead

Banned
Twitch brings in more money than Youtube so probably never. They also don't have to split the revenue in three this way.

We're in a streamer/Youtube personality bubble right now. In the same way that banner ads were overvalued in 1998, these people are overvalued now. It's going to pop, most of these people will be going back to work at Walmart, and the handful that actually have talent will probably get absorbed into something more legitimate. It's like this in case, I looked at a couple of their videos. Sorry, they had no talent. They weren't even funny or insightful. It was literally just some dudes playing video games (badly) with some low production values.

If it wasn't for Carl Sagan's Cosmos streaming 24/7 on Twitch, I'd say that the entire platform was a net loss for humanity.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
We're in a streamer/Youtube personality bubble right now. In the same way that banner ads were overvalued in 1998, these people are overvalued now. It's going to pop, most of these people will be going back to work at Walmart, and the handful that actually have talent will probably get absorbed into something more legitimate. It's like this in case, I looked at a couple of their videos. Sorry, they had no talent. They weren't even funny or insightful. It was literally just some dudes playing video games (badly) with some low production values.

If it wasn't for Carl Sagan's Cosmos streaming 24/7 on Twitch, I'd say that the entire platform was a net loss for humanity.
10nt2d.jpg

Meted

It's a good thing we have you to tell us what is and is not worth our time after watching "a couple of their videos". I thought they had some talent but you have let us all know that they have zero in fact

xenoriddley

They had enough talent to garner almost 1 million subs, a dedicated fanbase, a still thriving subreddit, a popular new podcast, merchandise, and have a pretty strong following on their own individual channels/streams. But hey, that was all a fluke, right?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They had enough talent to garner almost 1 million subs, a dedicated fanbase, a still thriving subreddit, a popular new podcast, merchandise, and have a pretty strong following on their own individual channels/streams. But hey, that was all a fluke, right?

Not to mention their killer discord. Damn the SBFP community is rockin'.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

Boy, it must suck huh that as each day passes, less people fall for your shtick. Your desperation to get a rise out of people is tingling.

Props for Cosmos though. So there is some merit to be found. :)
It's a good thing we have you to tell us what is and is not worth our time after watching "a couple of their videos". I thought they had some talent but you have let us all know that they have zero in fact
Dirthead's claim to fame is to make everyone else on this site feel miserable about the idea that we can play games and enjoy them or watch other people play games and enjoying it.

Textbook definition of Grumpy Old Man.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I’ve never heard of these guys. What their story, YouTubers who got a lot of success?

Pretty much. Members in the EVO scene if I remember correctly. They were just a bunch of chill dudes who would talk geeky stuff, nerd out, and love games. No political BS - just shitting on each other in a jovial manner and fucking about in various games. I highly suggest you give their Halloween series a view. Always a fun watch.

Enjay

Banned
Kids have always liked bad things.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That was one thing that always impressed me was how apolitical they kept things even as gaming became more and more political.

Mhm. They gained even more respect when they called out the regressive left folks on Era a month or two prior to the breakup. Gaming truly is a loving hobby for both the core crew (Woolie, LIam, Matt, Pat) and the community. A way to escape the annoyance of political and social stigmas, ire, and continued troubles in the world. Some just want a place they can shoot the shit and rag on each other in good fun. Wish more sites realized this.

One of the reasons I love current GAF so much is that it is moving back to that more and more each passing day (but I also avoid the Politics subforum 99% of the time) :D

Mhm. They gained even more respect when they called out the regressive left folks on Era a month or two prior to the breakup. Gaming truly is a loving hobby for both the core crew (Woolie, LIam, Matt, Pat) and the community. A way to escape the annoyance of political and social stigmas, ire, and continued troubles in the world. Some just want a place they can shoot the shit and rag on each other in good fun. Wish more sites realized this.

One of the reasons I love current GAF so much is that it is moving back to that more and more each passing day (but I also avoid the Politics subforum 99% of the time) :D

So they did in fact call out Era? Wow, I'm even more sad they broke up now.

When did this happen?

The power of friendship! Is there a tl;dr for those who missed the drama?
They posted a YT video about two weeks ago on their channel (abruptly interrupting their KH play through) where each recorded an individual portion. Woolie laid it out simply as “Mat and Pat simply aren’t friends anymore.”

TBH, there were times where it was detectable, when Pat was either overly personal or Mat would shoot back something rather bitey. But I hadn’t any idea the division was far deeper.

Unfortunate, seeing as they were one of the better YT groups out there. Alas, all good things come to an end.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Anyone who worships e-famous people needs to check themselves. I walked right by Pat & Woolie at Magfest twice and didn't even care.

With that said though at least they aren't Game Grumps, whew lad.

brap

Banned
>useless trivia about space vs mouthbreathers yelling about games
Yeah, they're both shit.
Remember when we used to mourn over rock bands break-ups? Yeah, me neither
Both are pathetic.

Will anybody ever fulfill Arin's wishes?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Anyone who worships e-famous people needs to check themselves. I walked right by Pat & Woolie at Magfest twice and didn't even care.

No one is worshipping anyone here. People enjoy the work they put out, that is really about it. I will say congratulations by walking by people you don't care about. I am sure that was a very difficult thing for you to do. Too bad you couldn't use that same restraint and not post in here, since you clearly don't care :D

Shifty

It's a real shame to see the channel end like this. However, I don't know about Matt, but Pat and Woolie are ramping up the content on their personal channels now we're in the new year. Seems pretty good so far! Pat's girlfriend does good stuff too.

Interesting to see the range of takes in here. Far as I was concerned, everything was all good until the sudden "It's over" video popped up in my feed.

Who's worshipping? Might be painting your strokes a tad broad there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom