• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R has 50 stage story mode, 8 player Online.

Which Super Bomberman R feature are you most excited for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
ai21qwS.png

Confirmed in a Press release. Photo-Real Graphics included!

Makes me wonder if Online is ready to go on the Switch or if it's Wii U online with a new coat of paint.

Still nice to know we can bomb eachother at launch and 2 player story mode co-op?

Hasney

I still want to know if I can play online day 1 in Europe. The "Paid online trial only being in the US, Canada and Mexico" still has me worried

Some of that stuff sounds just silly, but considering they hit the ground running in Single player, 50 levels sounds fantastic.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/super-bomberman-r-is-being-made-by-former-bomberman-staff/
"No price was given, but it will be revealed next week. The game will come out both physically and digitally, and size of the download will be 4GB."

Didn't think this deserved a thread but we're getting a price next week, perhaps in a Nintendo Direct?

Woah, next week? There's a reason why they're waiting next week and it's probably a Nintendo Direct like you said!

Phoenixus

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/super-bomberman-r-is-being-made-by-former-bomberman-staff/
"No price was given, but it will be revealed next week. The game will come out both physically and digitally, and size of the download will be 4GB."

Didn't think this deserved a thread but we're getting a price next week, perhaps in a Nintendo Direct?

I didn't think the filesize would be very big but only 4GB is great. Might be able to hold off on the memory card purchase after all.

Nice. On the graphics style I wish they went for selectable styles like with Pac-Man CE: DX. Have an 8 bit style, a 16 bit style with sprites, and a Generations-style cel-shaded upgrade in addition to the one with all the fancy dynamic shadows and shaders. The existing style doesn't look *bad*, but it's going to make playing the game difficult in tabletop mode as the shadows are distracting. Would be great on the TV for sure.

Anyway I hope this does well. The launch lineup is thin so it's the game's time to shine. I wish there was more niche stuff in the launch window, but hoping lots of early adopters check this out along with stuff like Disgaea 5 Complete, Puyo Tetris S and I Am Setsuna.

KHlover

Banned
ai21qwS.png

Confirmed in a Press release. Photo-Real Graphics included!

Makes me wonder if Online is ready to go on the Switch or if it's Wii U online with a new coat of paint.

Still nice to know we can bomb eachother at launch and 2 player story mode co-op?
AFAIK in the treehouse stream they showed 2 player SP co-op. Offline at least.

Lucifon

Woah, next week? There's a reason why they're waiting next week and it's probably a Nintendo Direct like you said!

Well it's this week now, so fingers crossed we find out soon. A direct would be awesome, the system is in need of some more info / announcements overall. A direct showcasing some upcoming smaller indies/downloadables for launch, the UI, extra info about specific games and more info on the online side of things would be the perfect situation right now.

Hasney

I wouldn't bet on a direct. RRPs in Europe are just trickling out, so 1-2 Switch has been reduced from sites claiming it's £59.99 to £39.99

jonno394

I still want to know if I can play online day 1 in Europe. The "Paid online trial only being in the US, Canada and Mexico" still has me worried

I think you are confused. Thee free trial is available through 2017 but the full paid online was only available in US, Canada, and Mexico initially.

Online will be in EU day 1 as well, just not the subscription service.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hope its not more than 20 bucks digital.

aaand the reasoning is?
and then people complain about Konami not developing games...
when we get a game, and not a normal one not a BOMERMAN one, with 50 stages, various modes, online...we pretend it to be a budget release.

ok

Hasney

I think you are confused. Thee free trial is available through 2017 but the full paid online was only available in US, Canada, and Mexico initially

Yes, but it's a free trial of the paid online and it says the paid online is only available there "at launch". The paid online is required for online multiplayer and does exist at launch at least in the US. You just don't pay for it.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/01/nintendo-switch-online-service-multiplayer/

Nintendo says the new paid online service will not be required to access the Nintendo Switch eShop, manage basic friend relationships through the system, or to share screenshots through social media. Nintendo also says "the paid online service "will be available in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico only at launch," leaving it unclear how and when European, Japanese, and other players will access online gameplay on the system.

jonno394

Yes, but it's a free trial of the paid online and it says the paid online is only available there "at launch". The paid online is required for online multiplayer and does exist at launch at least in the US. You just don't pay for it.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/01/nintendo-switch-online-service-multiplayer/

I think you're reading too much in to it, Nintendo would be crazy to launch without online so.....fingers crossed I'm correct and not you :)

edit - text from Ninetndo UK website

If you sign up to the online subscription service for Nintendo Switch*, you can play with friends far away and players around the world. Subscribers can also sync up a dedicated smart device app to set play appointments, meet up in online lobbies to play and voice chat while playing.

*This paid online subscription service will be available free of charge until its official launch in autumn 2017.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
aaand the reasoning is?
and then people complain about Konami not developing games...
when we get a game, and not a normal one not a BOMERMAN one, with 50 stages, various modes, online...we pretend it to be a budget release.

ok

Overreaction much ?
If its around 20 i can get it at launch - if not i will have to wait, thats all.
Not everyone has 600 bucks to spend at launch.

The fact that they havent revealed the price yet, makes me think it wont be a standard 50 bucks release. Which would be a smart decision, if they play their cards right many people will pick this during the launch period.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope this is not 60 euro.

And come on, a Direct this week doesn't make any sense, there is already the FE direct scheduled.

El Topo

I think you're reading too much in to it, Nintendo would be crazy to launch without online so.....fingers crossed I'm correct and not you :)

The app is not available at launch though. Whether or not online play is available Day 1 is also not quite as clear as with the US, no? I would assume though it's the same everywhere.

Hasney

Sweet. What a weird thing to put in your documentation then.

Oregano

It would be nice if it wasn't full price but it sounds like it's not barebones and I'm enough of a bitch to let it slide at launch.

I don't super care about the story mode stages. I want to know how many battle arenas there are, and if they have crazy gimmicks. Some of my best times with Bomberman were in stages where snowballs would roll down the stage, where everyone wore disguises so you couldn't tell on whose team someone is on, or where the walls are magnetic cycle on and off. I'd love it if there were tons of battle stages like that.

StayDead

I don't super care about the story mode stages. I want to know how many battle arenas there are, and if they have crazy gimmicks. Some of my best times with Bomberman were in stages where snowballs would roll down the stage, where everyone wore disguises so you couldn't tell on whose team someone is on, or where the walls are magnetic cycle on and off. I'd love it if there were tons of battle stages like that.

There is a level with magnets which turn on and off it seems from when I played it yesterday. Sometimes my bombs would be pulled and sometimes they wouldn't.

FelipeMGM

How was the general tone of previews of Bomberman R at the event?

I only heard Jeff and Dan talk about it (Giant Bomb) and they were not very positive... (which is weird since we rarely get negative previews these days)

Maybe they just not big fans of this series IDK

I am so excited for this. Bomberman multiplayer online is going to be dangerous, I'm the type that'll go "alright, one more match" and end up noticing I've been playing for ten hours.

How was the general tone of previews of Bomberman R at the event?

I only heard Jeff and Dan talk about it (Giant Bomb) and they were not very positive... (which is weird since we rarely get negative previews these days)

Extremely positive from everything I've heard. Classic Bomberman in a new style.

Top Bottom