• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R patched to 1.3: 60fps, story mode camera changes, lag improved, etc

NateDrake

Which setting in the options are you using for match making? Are you using free battle or league? Also, are you using wifi or docked ethernet? My online experience hasn't been fantastic, but other online PC games work fantastic, so it can't be my internet.

Wifi, undocked, league battle. All players in my match had green connections. Default settings.

deadfolk

1. You can play the story mode levels like that but it's not very long. You could play a round or two of local multiplayer with bots, I guess. Bomberman is not a game you'll be playing solo unless you're grinding for gems.
2. Yes, you can play local multiplayer with bots.
3. Outside of local multiplayer with bots and solo online, it's just story mode.

Thanks for the detailed response! Going to think about this for a bit.

I just wish we had a more detailed roadmap for upcoming releases so I would know exactly what is vying for my monies.

j-wood

I've never played bomberman before. Now that this seems to be running at the appropriate frame rate, is it worth picking up?

Cartho

Just bought it on amazon, it was the last copy available lol

Distribution for this game is utter shit.

For real. Went into my local Sainsbury's superstore to try and pick it up. It had "sold out" in its place on the shelf so I asked at the counter. The woman there looked it up and apparently they only had 2 copies sent to them when it first launched, they sold out within a day and they haven't had any since. In addition, they are also apparently not due to receive any - she said that they weren't expecting any deliveries.

I know it isn't a dedicated game store but that still surprises me. They have masses of copies of most of the chart games and plenty of copies of Zelda etc. Must be something weird going on with distribution.

shiyrley

Banned
For real. Went into my local Sainsbury's superstore to try and pick it up. It had "sold out" in its place on the shelf so I asked at the counter. The woman there looked it up and apparently they only had 2 copies sent to them when it first launched, they sold out within a day and they haven't had any since. In addition, they are also apparently not due to receive any - she said that they weren't expecting any deliveries.

I know it isn't a dedicated game store but that still surprises me. They have masses of copies of most of the chart games and plenty of copies of Zelda etc. Must be something weird going on with distribution.
Yeah, at my local GAME they ONLY received pre-orders. Not a single unit outside of preorders. Thank god I preordered.

I still can't believe how much the game has improved since launch, not just in terms of the performance but also how quickly the improvements came.

It could be that the game was just released in an unfinished state to make launch but the Switch must have a much better patching and certification process than previous Nintendo consoles.

Raw64life

Glad to see they're fixing it up, but too little too late with Mario Kart 8 right around the corner. Might pick up a SBR Deluxe or SBR2 down the road should they release it in the future.

shiyrley

Banned
Best selling Bomberman game in 20 years. Distribution isn't the problem.
Yeah, at my local GAME they ONLY received pre-orders. Not a single unit outside of preorders. Thank god I preordered.
FRpTJB2.png

Scanna

The difficulty was absurd at Normal. will try again now, since I had shelved the game for good aside from local multiplayer.

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone got video for the 60fps? Patch notes just say improved framerate.

Is unlocked with worse graphics better than locked 30 for bomberman?

Just played, it's much better!

...except for the fact you still can't join a friend's room while a game is in progress. Co-ordinating an 8-player match between friends is a nightmare.

shiyrley

Banned
I don't think they would have sold a lot more copies if it had more stock. They don't want it to stay too long on the shelves and then have to cut the price.
?
An user said that the distribution of the game is shit, and the other user implied that the reason it's hard to find isn't distribution. But it is.

LordKano

?
An user said that the distribution of the game is shit, and the other user implied that the reason it's hard to find isn't distribution. But it is.

Ah yes of course, that's common sense. It's hard to find because distribution is limited. But I don't think it was a bad decision, to limit the distribution.

Fredrik

Weird that the patch note simply says improved framerate, if it goes from 30 to 60fps then the devs are worthy of some serious praise imo, 30fps was one of the constant complaints when people rated this game.

Peltz

I legit was not planning on getting this game the moment I saw it was 30fps (which was instantly on the Treehouse stream).

I'm really glad the developer came through with the fix. These types of games really deserve to be 60fps.

shiyrley

Banned
Ah yes of course, that's common sense. It's hard to find because distribution is limited. But I don't think it was a bad decision, to limit the distribution.
But it's pretty bad, when distribution is bad it may be "hard" to get in some places, but in my location, in where online shopping is possible but slow, expensive and taxed, and where shops don't get too many units even for normal launches, a bad distribution can mean "the store gets preorders and never ever gets an unit again", so, a game that is "hard to find" in big cities, can be "impossible to find" here. Also, the game arrived a week late here. It's anti-consumer.

This doesn't always happen ofc, but yeah, it's pretty bad. Again, thank god I preordered.

galvatron

60 FPS in a grid based 3-d bomberman.
I honestly never thought they'd get how big of a difference that makes.
Definitely going to get back into playing this now!

Just bought it on amazon, it was the last copy available lol

Distribution for this game is utter shit.

What are you talking about? I'm on Amazon's page right now and it's available. Also, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Gamestop, and Target all have plenty of stock online and in stores locally.

Neiteio

Sweet, i can dumb down the battle CPU now. Never had this much trouble with Bomberman CPU's before.
Since I just purchased this last night, I didn't know this was an issue before. What exactly did they add concerning CPU levels? I just play on the default... I rarely win, but it's still fun.

Since I just purchased this last night, I didn't know this was an issue before. What exactly did they add concerning CPU levels? I just play on the default... I rarely win, but it's still fun.

The AI was atrociously difficult. My fiancé and I couldn't have a good time doing a 4-player match with 2 bots, due to the fact that they'd destroy us each time. I believe they made the original AI, which didn't have any difficulty options, into the new "Hard" option. Normal and Weak are both newer, easier, difficulty options than what we had.

Weird, had no input lag issues in the first few bot matches nor the couple online ones I played but definitely had it a bit in the last bot match I just played.

Berordn

The lag was so bad that people are now willing to pay $50 because it's improved?

The lag was HORRENDOUS. Like, absymal levels of "how could they even think to ship it this way" bad.

Offline and LAN was generally fine but I abandoned any pretense of playing it online.

Savitar

With all the fixes and the extra characters and stages coming it appears Konami actually did the right moves. That's great to see, it's why I held off on the game myself.

Always loved me some bomberman and wanted a damn good sequel for years now.

Maybe they'll toss a few more the Switches way.

The AI was atrociously difficult. My fiancé and I couldn't have a good time doing a 4-player match with 2 bots, due to the fact that they'd destroy us each time. I believe they made the original AI, which didn't have any difficulty options, into the new "Hard" option. Normal and Weak are both newer, easier, difficulty options than what we had.

i was doing an 8 player match with 4 bots this past weekend and the CPUs were dumdum :<

Camjo-Z

Weird that the patch note simply says improved framerate, if it goes from 30 to 60fps then the devs are worthy of some serious praise imo, 30fps was one of the constant complaints when people rated this game.

It says improved framerate because it's only 60 FPS in multiplayer, but story mode's framerate is still higher than it was before.

Top Bottom