• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R retail box

LogN

JLZTzfJ.jpg

DV0WPlu.jpg

-shadow-

I'm pretty certain we've already seen this multiple times. But man I can't wait. It seems like a blast!

Pun semi intended.

LogN

I'm pretty certain we've already seen this multiple times. But man I can't wait. It seems like a blast!

Pun semi intended.

Possibly, but this is a live box with game inside. Wasn't sure if this specific box was posted.

lyrick

Is there not a way to tell if it's online by the box art (beyond the" online interactions not rated by ESRB" print) , or is there a Nintendo Network logo under the Bomberman 33rd sticker?

goldenpp72

I'm a bit confused, you can only do 4 people on the tablet screen or am I misreading that? Not that I planned on huddling 8 people around a 6 inch screen, just threw me off considering the kind of game it is.

greelay

As others have said, the box is the best thing about this game.

Still debating whether or not I will pick this up.

Resolution, 8 people on that small screen?

My main guess is that because the Switch doesn't use all the power in portable mode, it doesn't have enough power to have 8 split screens.

Bomberman doesn't use split-screen...

It's more likely that it's not practical to have 8 people crowded around a tiny screen.

Resolution, 8 people on that small screen?

My main guess is that because the Switch doesn't use all the power in portable mode, it doesn't have enough power to have 8 split screens.

Screen doesn't split. Its only rendering one instance of every bomber. They probably just didn't think it was ideal to have 8 people for 1 tiny screen.

Stopdoor

Fitting 8 people around a table to play off one Switch's screen can't be comfortable.

It seems like it'd be easier to just let the game support the same gameplay between all modes and let players decide if it's a good idea or not.

It's weird to me they'd limit it by mode at a software level. Especially specifying handheld mode as "1" - I thought it'd already been confirmed you can wireless 8 them together for this game? If that doesn't imply higher than "1", it seems like nothing would... ?

The tabletop mode being 1-4 might imply 4 Switches can LAN in that mode? I'm pretty sure they've confirmed you can play 8 people between 4 Switches on Konami's website.

Seems like a really confusing section of information overall. Lots of ambiguity.

emb

Wonderful box art. Hope the loading times are indeed fixed for the final version, seems like it'll be a serviceable game.

Top Bottom