• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Lucky's Tale (Cute 3D platformer, Xbox One + W10PC)

Camjo-Z

I was so pissed off when they teased an orange creature with a blue outfit and bushy tail only for it to be this. I mean it looks decent but god damn it Microsoft.

When this popped up, my fiancé and I shot up and screamed "Conker!"

It wasn't until about a minute into the trailer that one of my buddies piped up and said something to the effect of "This is that Oculus launch title..." and that was all it took for us to all start pouting for the next few minutes.

It looks cute but cute doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be a good game *cough* Yooka Laylee.

After they started showing it off and how cutesy it was, I swear I thought Conkur would come out and hit the character off screen with a barbed wire covered baseball bat.

Would have been great. The game actually looks like it could be pretty good though, so I'm interested.

Still, it would have been the perfect setup for Conkur.

Eh, it looks great but I feel they're borrowing way too much from Mario Galaxy/3D World in terms of inspiration.

And it's releasing close to Odyssey if I'm not mistaken, they should reconsider the release date.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sloppy Oculus seconds huh? Sheesh. Looks better than the original release at least, but felt like a "ooh they're stretching" part of the conference.

Salty Hippo

I was so pissed off when they teased an orange creature with a blue outfit and bushy tail only for it to be this. I mean it looks decent but god damn it Microsoft.

I'm sure they get a kick out of this shit. Rare too with their bullshit Banjo teasing.

They'll think of something again for next year.

This is basically what Conker was going to be before Rare rebelled. It's cute but I'm worried it will be a bit too juvenile. And I say this as a diehard Nintendo fan.

Poona

Looks good.

When he first appeared though I was thinking he was either Tails or Conker and couldn't figure out what was going on.

JordanN

Banned
This is basically what Conker was going to be before Rare rebelled. It's cute but I'm worried it will be a bit too juvenile. And I say this as a diehard Nintendo fan.

Actually, Rare did make 1 cutesy title with Conker before he went mature.

TTLYQl0.jpg

Darknight

I was expecting MS to show their VR stuff and this being one of the games.

Looks really cute for a 2D game. I'd def buy it.

MaulerX

When the game first came on screen, I seriously thought it was Conker. And then I was disappointed lol

I felt the same way but when I realized it was Lucky from Lucky's Tale (Oculus Rift) I got happy. That was a surprisingly amazing platformer and honestly can't wait to play this. I'm sure it'll get patched for when VR launches for the Xbox next year.

Neff

His movement and attack reminded me a lot to the 3d world kitsune suit. Almost a bit too much similarity.

This is basically to modern Mario what Oceanhorn is to Zelda. A sincere if uninspired love letter at best, a cynical and derivative clone at worst.

Wichu

The graphics and gameplay look exactly like Super Mario 3D World. Sure, it's a lovely art style, but it looks Super derivative :/

Shoyz

I didn't think we'd get another E3 Conker blueball, and a slap to VR players as well (if a VR version isn't in the works).

Neiteio

It pains me to criticize a colorful 3D platformer like this, but...

- The movement looks really slow
- The jumping looks really floaty
- The NPCs are ugly as sin

Other than that, it looks OK. Xbox had a strong showing, but this game looked a bit weak, despite standing out with its more family-friendly approach.

At any rate, I hope the final game turns out well. World needs more 3D platformers!

daTRUballin

I'm sure they get a kick out of this shit. Rare too with their bullshit Banjo teasing.

They'll think of something again for next year.

After watching the conference, I honestly don't think those were Banjo teases at all. I feel like we were just looking into things too much since it was E3 season and all. For example, the rhymes that Gregg Mayles was tweeting out turned out to be for SoT as we suspected.

LeleSocho

Banned
Everyone thought it was Conker at first because of that tail.

Sincerely this is one of the highlight of the conference for me... it really looks great and i like the characters.
Hope it will be out on Steam too because i'm not going to buy it on the Windows Store.

-MD-

Microsoft really likes to fuck with Conker fans, it's pretty cruel.

I do want to play this though.

Top Bottom