• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D Land videos

Tiktaalik

This game is looking really good in this latest video. I am currently in the "wait for revision" 3DS camp, but I could see myself buying a 3DS for this.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
http://www.gamesradar.com/super-mario-3d-land-hands-preview-worlds-2-and-3/

We've already conquered World 1 and seen some Super Mario 3D Land's later levels at E3, but we couldn't pass up a recent chance to play six new levels from Worlds 2 and 3 to see more of what's easily our most anticipated upcoming 3DS game. As we see more and more of 3D Land, it's really starting to feel like a "greatest hits" of the Mario franchise, both in content and in gameplay, but without the rehash connotation.

One of the most impressive aspects of 3D Land so far is how utterly different each level is from the last – of all the levels we've played, none have even remotely felt like repeats of a previous level. In one particularly creative level, Mario dons a block-shaped propeller hat that launches him super high into the air (like, several screens high), and looking down we saw that the level was made out of huge 8-bit sprites like Mario and Peach from the original Super Mario Bros, and we had to fly from 8-bit island to 8-bit island to get to the goal. In this way, 3D Land doesn't just play with 3D, but also with heights (even though Tanooki Mario still doesn't fly), and others levels feature as much vertical as horizontal movement.

Super Mario 3D Land succeeds in using 3D as more than just window dressing too – during our playtime, we played with the 3D both on and off, and it definitely makes a huge difference having it on. Many of the levels we played seemed designed around playing with perspective, and adding 3D achieves a feeling of depth that makes moving around in the 3D space work really well. If you really can't deal with 3D for whatever reason though, there are still cues you can use (like looking at the shadows of platforms and blocks on the ground) to line up your jumps, so it's still playable without it too.
3D convinces everyone in this game :)))

Anasui Kishibe said:
nah, there will be haters. I know I won't care anyway, just like with Zelda PH and ST
Oh, God, hopefully this game isn't as mediocre as those two! (and I even liked PH) D:

Five minute long warp-pipe subway rides between levels! CHOOO CHOOO! It's a me Mario!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
OH

boomerang-mario-228x300.png

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

Penguin

Willy105 said:
I loved the Hammer Bros. costume from SMB3.

But there are only two I get it.

Yeah interesting so far the two returning suits are from Super Mario Bros 3.

Does that mean.. a possible Frog Suit return?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Awesome, Nintendo is going to make a 3DS bundle with this game, right? Has it been confirmed. This looks like finally a reason to purchase the system!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Penguin said:
Yeah interesting so far the two returning suits are from Super Mario Bros 3.

Does that mean.. a possible Frog Suit return?

Yeah, I've been thinking the Frog Suit will probably return...it's in the new Paper Mario iirc, so I think they want to bring it back as well.

How many suits were there in SMB 3 ?
Fire Flower, Frog Suit, Kuribo's Shoe, Hammer Suit, Super Leaf, Tanuki Suit, and P-Wing.

Log4Girlz

Anasui Kishibe said:
so this is about Xenoblade now?
Not that i complain, but talking about two incredible games in the same topic might cause a crossing the streams paradox and we will all turn into Australians

p.s. game looks so good. The colours are so delicious, every new bloody screenshot released gets me hyped to the beyond

p.s.
Super-Mario-3D-Land-Screenshot-7.jpg

WHAT SUIT IS THAT

U R MR GAY

Mpl90

It's gonna be awesome to play with the boomerang.
Hoping the touch screen is involved for the trajectory of the boomerang. :p

Mpl90 said:
It's gonna be awesome to play with the boomerang.
Hoping the touch screen is involved for the trajectory of the boomerang. :p
Don't think I didn't see what you originally typed. One night, when you're out under the stars, you'll realise the folly of your ways.

And it will be compelling.

Mpl90

Jaded Alyx said:
Don't think I didn't see what you originally typed. One night, when you're out under the stars, you'll realise the folly of your ways.

And it will be compelling.

...Ok, now let's just stop with these jokes.
And hoping to hit some ducks with that boomerang.

Oh no did it again...and this time I can't edit, it would be not compelling
AAAAARRRRGHH,STOP IT

ryan13ts

Kinda looks like that turtle suit from NSMB, which was one of my favorite power-up's in the entire series. Shell sliding plus Boomerang's would be too awesome.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, have we heard anything about the Koopa Kids returning?

After they popped back up in New Super Mario Brothers Wii, it seems odd to not include them in the game that pays homage to their debut.

But to be honest, I'd rather have NSMB DS's unique bosses over the Koopa Kids.

Mista Koo

I want this :O__

ryan13ts said:
Kinda looks like that turtle suit from NSMB, which was one of my favorite power-up's in the entire series. Shell sliding plus Boomerang's would be too awesome.
:O
Didn't imagine it would have shell sliding too, that would be amazing!

Top Bottom