• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury - New Trailer

Woman7

Banned
Dec 17, 2020
Metal Mario for real now? 😳

Death Metal Band GIF by Metal Blade Records

zweifuss

Apr 22, 2009
Still don't know how they're going to do the touch screen / mic levels. I know there was only a handful, but curious as to their approach on those. Remove completely? Or put on timers? Or...?

Jeeves

Dec 7, 2008
Time for 3D World to finally get the recognition it deserves as the real best modern Mario game.
I don't understand what Bowser's Fury is supposed to be. Is it a large open level that culminates in awakening Bowser? Does he periodically rampage around? I don't get it.
I'm kind of wondering the same. The way it was presented here kind of reminded me of BotW's blood moon. Looks good to me either way.

BlakeofT

Feb 5, 2009
Wow, I wasn't thinking I would be getting this but it seems like that could change now. Very cool trailer.

Reactions: Ailynn

LarknThe4th

May 19, 2020
Looks fantastic its leaking charm and personality like any good Mario should, a little sneak peek at what where the next full blown Mario is going perhaps?

Reactions: HollowKnight
May 22, 2018
Another port? It has some dlc so that's cool I guess, but why the hell couldn't they just make a new 3d world game? We are years into the Switch's lifespan now and Nintendo is still pumping out ports.

buizel

Feb 19, 2018
fuck us wii u owners harder in the ass nintendo please

jks, this is a good game. played so much of this.. the switch mario galaxy..universe? whatever its called, didnt get into that much despite loving galaxy wii 1 & 2

that looks awesome; seems like theres more open-style levels? really enjoyed those in 3dworld

Last edited:

Tranquil

Jul 5, 2019
I don't understand what Bowser's Fury is supposed to be. Is it a large open level that culminates in awakening Bowser? Does he periodically rampage around? I don't get it.

Bowser's Fury is a new mode that is added to Super Mario 3D World's Nintendo Switch remake Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Not much is known about this mode, but it is known that it will take place at night with a dark theme. Its most prominent feature is a black cat bell on an island that is surrounded by several more islands in a spooky, rainy setting. The trailer for it has the camera pass over one of those other islands before stopping at the aforementioned island with the black cat bell.

Reactions: Ailynn

Coolwhhip

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2019
Another port? It has some dlc so that's cool I guess, but why the hell couldn't they just make a new 3d world game? We are years into the Switch's lifespan now and Nintendo is still pumping out ports.

This still? Switch already sold 5 times that of Wii U. They would be insane to not do it.

Reactions: VN1X and Sub Boss

EHuntingon

Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
ehuntington.org
Bowser's Fury is a new mode that is added to Super Mario 3D World's Nintendo Switch remake Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Not much is known about this mode, but it is known that it will take place at night with a dark theme. Its most prominent feature is a black cat bell on an island that is surrounded by several more islands in a spooky, rainy setting. The trailer for it has the camera pass over one of those other islands before stopping at the aforementioned island with the black cat bell.

I appreciate that, but I'm still confused.

Kataploom

Jan 30, 2014
Colombia
This feels like they wanted it out for last Halloween... Damn Nintendo and their limited releases, I'd buy this instead of SM3DAS first, since I haven't gotten it yet, and I would still buy both anyway (just in different order)