• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury |OT| 4 Furry Friends + Furious Turtle

Andyliini

RCtXhXt.jpg

Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release date: February 12th 2021
Genre: Plarformer
Includes single-player and multiplayer, both local and online

4t64UFM.png

YgM2jPO.png

vab2Qm4.png

DsAAsp2.png

Dk6KSaS.png

7J4XOps.png

nRNka0J.png

jqMe3mG.png

EFGoiis.png

Trailers:

Reveal Trailer:

Overview trailer:

Bowser's fury trailer:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I cant wait. I was actually looking back at the original 3d world ot, from back when i was just a lurker on gaf. Still cant believe what a great day that was. 3d world, link between worlds, and xbox one on the same day.

3d world is the first game i bought with my “then-new” wii u back in early 2014. I bought the system for mario kart 8 but the gamestop
By me was sold out of it, i had to go to a different one. But i did get 3d world. Its still my favorite 3d Mario game. Playing through nearly the entire game cooperatively with my buddy is one of my favorite gaming memories

picking up my cat mario and cat peach amiibos from best buy as well tomorrow

Last edited:

Bridges

Online play is gonna make me double dip on this one

Fingers crossed it runs better than Mario Maker 2's online. If anyone getting it at launch is able to post impressions of the online multi that'd be greatly appreciated

Apparently the Bowser's Fury part of the game is around 3 hours in length, 5-6 if you go for 100% completion. I think that's pretty much what everyone expected, but I just can't see myself paying full price for that.

Nonetheless, I'm still quite interested and I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

wvnative

For anyone who has this, are motion controls absolutely required? No option to turn them off?

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, being a nintendo game. But, I await the day they surprise me.

rubhen925

For anyone who has this, are motion controls absolutely required? No option to turn them off?

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, being a nintendo game. But, I await the day they surprise me.
no options to turn it off. Atleast from what i have played. Using them is a pain in the dick.

DESTROYA

What type of motion controls are we looking at ?
Personally hate most games that require them amd most likely skipping this game , it’s a shame because it looks great.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully get to play it with some of you guys.

Brazen

Played this to completion on wiiu, will do it again after some backlog. Best mario game ive played since smb3/smw. Wish more of the marios took on the smb2/3dworld 4 character cast choice. It's my favorite part of this game and really adds to the replay/platforming value.

carlosrox

Banned
I can't wait to replay one of my favorite games of all time.

Probably my favorite Mario game besides 3 and SMG1.

1080p and speed bump will be worth it alone.

Bowser's Fury and (hopefully good) online are bonuses.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
ps. This game is essentially Super Mario Brothers 5.

ENJOY ALL WHO ARE NEW. I ALMOST ENVY YOU!

(almost cuz I know this will be a wonderful experience for me again anyway)

Last edited:

nikos

Really looking forward to playing this again. I don’t remember too much about it other than it being fun. The new content is a nice bonus.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Nice OT. I will be playing this at midnight for sure (diving right into Bowsers Fury). One of the best Mario games ever!

Golgo 13

You guys are gonna love this! You can collect these stamps to post on miiverse and...oh....wait...nvm
Kinda off-topic but I remember in the early days of this game some savage posted something horrible to MiiVerse about his "big smelly dick", and I happened to end up reading it while posting something else.

I mean c'mon bro.

But I did like Miiverse.

Kinda off-topic but I remember in the early days of this game some savage posted something horrible to MiiVerse about his "big smelly dick", and I happened to end up reading it while posting something else.

I mean c'mon bro.

But I did like Miiverse.
Yeah actually there were hilariously spicy miiverse posts that were just ridiculously funny. And I remember a post with cat mario overlooking the mushroom kingdom saying "one day Simba, all this will be yours"

carlosrox

Banned
THE FIRST FUCKING STAGE GAVE ME ALL THOSE FEELINGS ALL OVER AGAIN 🥰

MARIO BROS 5 TONITE!!!!

THE MUSIC TOUCHES MY HEART LOL!!

Last edited:

Golgo 13

Played a bit and Bowsers Fury is pretty cool I guess. But man. I am definitely noticing those frame rate drops, doesn’t feel like a polished Mario experience at all.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun, but you can feel the lack of polish. Now whether this has to do with COVID or whatever, I’m not sure. I even experienced some weird (and very noticeable ) stuttering in the first level of the base game. Maybe that was just a fluke because I just played that one level but... WTF?

carlosrox

Banned
I didn't expect to fuckin play a part of the Next Mario tonight.

Fuck, Bowser's Fury is master shit from the getgo.

3D World too.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Fury def feels like a weird Odyssey expansion. It even has a similar map screen.

3D runs and looks as gorgeous as ever. I see Ree’ers and other internet dweebs crying about how awkward the speedier characters are but I’m lovin it. No more changing gears when running around 🥳

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Just got it, played the 1st world. I so much appreciate Nintendo's focus on going to gameplay ASAP and not giving me 10 minutes of exposition.

Mario-cat is fun, my daughter will go bananas for that.

It feels lonely and empty without all the Wii U messages and drawings throughout the game. Reminds me of playing Demon's Souls after the servers shut down.

wvnative

Okay i want to clarify my previous question, does both 3d World AND bowser's fury require the motion controls?

Top Bottom