• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

News Super Mario 3d World Coming to Switch February 2nd 2021

Jooxed

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2019

Multiplayer mayhem pounces onto Nintendo Switch! This enhanced of Super Mario 3D World, which originally launched for the Wii U system, features co-op gameplay both online* and through local multiplayer in a variety of creative levels. Additional details about what new things this game has to offer will be revealed later. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury launches for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 12, 2021. New amiibo figures Cat Mario and Cat Peach will also be released at the same time as the game.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020
Definitely picking this up. It says there will be new amiibo figures for cat Mario and mat Peach. I wonder what Bowser's Fury is.

Reactions: PSYGN

Aldric

Feb 15, 2016
Only interesting thing in the direct, not just because of Bowser's Fury but because it seems like they've slightly changed the core gameplay. It looks faster and they've added 64/Odyssey's dive.

Reactions: Sushen

jimjonjimmy

Feb 16, 2010
Only interesting thing in the direct, not just because of Bowser's Fury but because it seems like they've slightly changed the core gameplay. It looks faster and they've added 64/Odyssey's dive.
Doesn't look any different to me. Also are you talking about the Cat lunge? or the little roll Mario does at one point? Those were already in the game.

Reactions: Ailynn

SALMORE

Aug 22, 2018
Bahrain
unfortunately i just finished the vanilla version on the Wii U two weeks ago , I'll get it used sometime time next year just for the Bowsers thing

locoghoul

Neo Member
Aug 24, 2020

They got me

Birdo

Jun 12, 2019
Mushroom Kingdom
Remember at the Switch reveal when Nintendo said that games could be ported to Switch over a weekend because it was that easy :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Aldric

Feb 15, 2016
Doesn't look any different to me. Also are you talking about the Cat lunge? or the little roll Mario does at one point? Those were already in the game.
No, it's a distinct move from the cat lunge, the angle isn't as sharp and there's no smoke trail behind the character. It's shown at 0.41, 1.05 and 1.10. It's like Odyssey's belly flop into Cappy, I haven't played 3D World in a while so I might be wrong but I don't remember this move being in the Wii U version.

Omeggos

Jan 12, 2018
Every day I feel dumber about buying the Wii U
I mean, it’s only been obsolete for, what, eight years?
Remember at the Switch reveal when Nintendo said that games could be ported to Switch over a weekend because it was that easy :messenger_grinning_smiling:
No? Not that this is a straight 1;1 port, it has added content and probably only just recently went into development.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
Every day I feel dumber about buying the Wii U
why?

i don't get this line of thinking. you played the games on release. you played this game 7 years ago. wasn't that great? didn't you ENJOY the games you played on that console?

the fact that they are releasing a next gen remaster 7 years later makes you feel dumb? lol ok. a remaster makes buying the original release pointless? guess everyone who bought TLOU on release is a moron as well since that game has been re mastered. same for Bioshock Infinite, everyone who played that on release is a fool. should have waited for the remaster.

heck, might as well just stop buying games completely, cos they will just be remastered and re-released later.

just wait for the last console to ever come out and buy the re-re-re-re-re-mastered versions. only way to be smart :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2019
Multiplayer mayhem pounces onto Nintendo Switch! This enhanced of Super Mario 3D World, which originally launched for the Wii U system, features co-op gameplay both online* and through local multiplayer in a variety of creative levels. Additional details about what new things this game has to offer will be revealed later. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury launches for Nintendo Switch on Feb. 12, 2021. New amiibo figures Cat Mario and Cat Peach will also be released at the same time as the game.

Rat Rage

Aug 13, 2019
Smart movie. This is such a great game, especially in multiplayer with a couple of friends.

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
No Cat Rosetta? RIP

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
About time. It's one of the most charming Mario games and is super fun. I really really enjoyed it on the Wii U and was annoyed that I couldn't play it on the Switch.

Reactions: hariseldon

DadEggs

May 26, 2011
ah this would be great to include in a 3d mario collection of old games being ported to switch - wish there was one of those

Aldric

Feb 15, 2016
P sure reg dive is there too
It's not in the list of moves here:

Pretty sure it's been added to the port.

HotPocket69

Ubergender - contains all other genders
Oct 10, 2018
Mom’s basement with my tendies

Haha figures since i haven’t played it since 2014

jimjonjimmy

Feb 16, 2010

You might be right. I can't recreate that action in the game at all. Just tried it out. Cat suit can only claw and lunge in the air, no dive. And regular Mario can't dive in the air. You can do a dive a roll and a rolling jump but only from the ground and in only 1 direction. you can't change direction like in the trailer.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon

I guess furries will love these

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon
Missed opportunity for them to call it Bowser's Furry

• LOL
Reactions: hariseldon

Jeeves

Dec 7, 2008
I'll probably double dip because I love this game a lot and would like to not have to hook up the cumbersome WiiU to play it. I wonder if Bowser's Fury will play like an expansion of 3DW or if it will have its own gameplay.

carlosrox

May 19, 2020
I'll probably double dip because I love this game a lot and would like to not have to hook up the cumbersome WiiU to play it. I wonder if Bowser's Fury will play like an expansion of 3DW or if it will have its own gameplay.

Whatever that stage they showed off was it looked big and open.