• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros. Wii? (plus a Sin and Punishment 2's booth image!)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HOLY FUCKING JESUS ON A POGO STICK

e3-2009-nintendo-booth-photos-20090601063117967_640w.jpg

FUCK YES ALL OVER MY FACE

2zz20xy.jpg

Fireflowers, mushrooms, and coins.

16kqtqc.jpg

WHAT COULD IT MEAN

Why are there gamecube controllers plugged into the wii's in the sin and punishment booth? I thought it was a wiimote/nunchuk game?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
civilstrife said:
Why are there gamecube controllers plugged into the wii's in the sin and punishment booth? I thought it was a wiimote/nunchuk game?

I guess it will have "classic" controllers available, like Mario Kart Wii.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Door2Dawn said:
It's for the DS guys.
Normally, I would agree, but the fact that it's at a Wii booth and doesn't have "NEW" (as far as I can see) in front of it, makes me thinking it is a Wii game.

Unless you know something.

Kujo

A sequel to SMB3 or SMW would be incredible.

I really hope this isn't going the Megaman 9 route graphics-wsie.
Yeah, it would be great if it was hand-animated (like Wario: Shake) or 2.5D

The only disappointing thing about this is that it means any Zelda reveal or demo is pretty unlikely now.

But that said, more Mario? Give me give me give me.

RyuKanSan

its make me wish i was one of those guys who was setting up. to bad they dun care enough to come on gaf and tell what it acutally says

MisterHero

It's Super Mario Bros. Begins

it brings to light the story of how Mario and Luigi came to be brothers and went through Plumbers Academy, for unbeknownst to them the Fate of the Universe will be in their hands.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Bending_Unit_22 said:
I really hope this isn't going the Megaman 9 route graphics-wsie.
I really hope this is going the Megaman 9 route graphics-wsie.

seat

Oh man, this gets me excited. Nintendo has already done better than they did at last year's E3, and they haven't even presented yet.

This was supposed to be a secret, jerk heads!

Like Gollum stroking the ring in the Misty Mountains for years upon years.

there's still no guarantee it'll be a 2D platformer. don't get me wrong, i think it will be, but the logo just could look 'classic'

but i think it's clear what this is

RevenantKioku said:
I really hope this is going the Megaman 9 route graphics-wsie.
Touche. Of course we could both be satisfied with a simple option, we will see.

EDIT: I don't know what I'm worried about. I very much doubt a Mario game with NES graphics is what Nintendo is planning to resucitate the Japanese market with. Still would be a nice option.

Buckethead said:
This was supposed to be a secret, jerk heads!

Like Gollum stroking the ring in the Misty Mountains for years upon years.

if you're not going to invest the extra dough into super-thick dark curtains that will be up for all of 24 hours or less...

Well, holy shit. That's awesome. Can't wait to find out what it is exactly. Seems very promising, though. A New side scrolling Mario game would be amazing.

It looks like we'll definitely be getting a better press conference from Nintendo this year.

I just hope we can still get a Galaxy sequel next year. That would really be the best of both worlds.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
seat said:
Oh man, this gets me excited. Nintendo has already done better than they did at last year's E3, and they haven't even presented yet.
Or, conversely, they've already set up for bigger disappointments.

It's great to see that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is confirmed! YES! Now please PLEASE also confirm a next Zelda Wii game at least in video at the conference!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
After tons of playing with the colors, I get this:
image-1.jpg

I want to say Zelda for some reason...

Any higher quality version of the main picture? Or a link of where it came from?

Top Bottom