• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Bros. Wii? (plus a Sin and Punishment 2's booth image!)

Drkirby said:
Most likely another booth, but whats this in the background:
image2.jpg

Super Donkey Kong Country? The fonts look similar and that looks kind of like Donkey Kong's head over the letters.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Here is a version of it before I blew up the image:

nonblown.jpg

Its in the background, so it could be anther companies display:
here.jpg

Wait, it hit me, I think thats Shantae.
550864_44773_front.jpg

Logo is off, but the thing to the top left looks like Shantae's head.

Originalish pic:
image2.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What time is the conference? If we're seeing at least a new Mario and more of Sin and Punishment 2, I want to watch live.

laserbeam

Banned
Dan said:
What time is the conference? If we're seeing at least a new Mario and more of Sin and Punishment 2, I want to watch live.
9 AM PST.

Also regarding those other images I would guess that could possibly be the DS Zelda as the TV screens are very tiny back there.

Tiktaalik

How much you wanna bet they're just putting out the original Mario Bros games AGAIN for the DSi service or something...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Dan said:
Nintendo: 9:00 AM PT / 12:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM GMT

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Tiktaalik said:
How much you wanna bet they're just putting out the original Mario Bros games AGAIN for the DSi service or something...
I'll ban bet you considering its the Wii booth and they say its got GCN controllers
plus we got news of a Wii Mario game this year
:D
Or the loser could just get an avatar that says they hate mother. That would be a fate worse than death here

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Tiktaalik said:
but its in the Wii section.

Kard8p3

Tiktaalik said:

Do you really think they'd have that big banner for a DSI version of the original Mario Bros?

MoogPaul

Tiktaalik said:

You're really bad at this reading/looking thing between this and your boy and his blob thread.

MotherFan

Staccat0 said:
Or the loser could just get an avatar that says they hate mother. That would be a fate worse than death here

He would be tarred and feathered. Banning would be better (thought hopefully such an evil image would cause a banning)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Drkirby said:

nonblown.jpg

here.jpg

550864_44773_front.jpg

Originalish pic:
image2.jpg
No love for Shantae?

MisterHero

BorkBork said:
Does Bowser come from the future to blow up their father and subsequently the Mushroom Kingdom? Does old Luigi come back to ask Mario to treat Luigi better?
Dude, no.

Future Bowser evaporates the Mushroom Kingdom's water supply, the dry air causes the mushroom people to go crazy, and it's up to Mario to save the Kingdom. Along the way, he meets Future Luigi who tells him that he will need help and gives him a warp whistle to go get him. They stop Future Koopa, but then Magikoopa reveals himself to be the Real King Koopa and there's an epic battle on some moving platforms!!!

vanty

I hope it's a Super Mario All-Stars remake with Wario Land Shake It graphics. Or any sort of Mario game with those graphics.

bartris

Neo Member
vanty. said:
I hope it's a Super Mario All-Stars remake with Wario Land Shake It graphics. Or any sort of Mario game with those graphics.

No No No Remakes.....

We want NEW games damn it!!!!!

The Wario Land Shake It Graphics sounds nice though :D

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Drkirby said:
Most likely another booth, but whats this in the background:
image2.jpg
Train in the background

"Legend of" in gold.

"Zelda" in red.

Spirit
Tracks underneath Zelda.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
MisterHero said:
Dude, no.

Future Bowser evaporates the Mushroom Kingdom's water supply, the dry air causes the mushroom people to go crazy, and it's up to Mario to save the Kingdom. Along the way, he meets Future Luigi who tells him that he will need help and gives him a warp whistle to go get him. They stop Future Koopa, but then Magikoopa reveals himself to be the Real King Koopa and there's an epic battle on some moving platforms!!!
You people are fucking idiots. Future Bowser is sent back to save Baby Mario from a liquid metal Luigi clone.
Also, M rated Daisy full frontal with secret code

My cousin told me

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Htown said:
Train in the background

"Legend of" in gold.

"Zelda" in red.

Spirit
Tracks underneath Zelda.
Its Shantae, I already solved the mystory. See above D:

Also, looking at it more, its not just the top left, the show S letter is Shantae's body, she makes up the S in the logo.

Xellos

HAL_Laboratory said:
A little better:

better.jpg

I probably shouldn't get my hopes up too high, but it does indeed look like Super Mario Bros. Wii. It's worth noting that Nintendo has never used the Super Mario Bros. title for anything other than classic, 2D Mario games.

Enk

makes good threads.
Guybrush Threepwood said:
please don't be 2.5D please don't be 2.5D

I wish. Also needs to be 16:9 and with some extensive level editing software. Don't know why companies don't do this more often these days. Seems like a no brainer.

SMA.gif

SMA2.gif

Drkirby said:

nonblown.jpg

here.jpg

550864_44773_front.jpg

Originalish pic:
image2.jpg

It's not Shantae. I can confirm that one.

Also, Sin & Punishment has a GameCube controller in it since it's running off debug. Wii debug uses Cube controllers to nav the menus and such.

bartris

Neo Member
Enk said:
I wish. Also needs to be 16:9 and with some extensive level editing software. Don't know why companies don't do this more often these days. Seems like a no brainer.

SMA.gif

SMA2.gif

It needs to LOOK new though, not like anything thats been played before...

Expect NSMB style clean graphics at best,

If we are truly lucky we will get Wario Ware style graphics....

Hopefully this release if it is a 2D platformer will see a resurgence in the genre.

ReiGun

Damn it Gaf, cant you guys ever just wait? :lol

Either way, SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2 ALL OVER MY FACE!!!!! Nothing else matters.

MisterHero

Staccat0 said:
You people are fucking idiots. Future Bowser is sent back to save Baby Mario from a liquid metal Luigi clone.
Also, M rated Daisy full frontal with secret code

My cousin told me
WRONG, that's the premise for the sequel, "The Wrath of The Dark Plumber"

you aren't hacking Nintendo's database, are you?

Bozon-IGN said:
It's not Shantae. I can confirm that one.

Also, Sin & Punishment has a GameCube controller in it since it's running off debug. Wii debug uses Cube controllers to nav the menus and such.

Bozon can I have your KFC bucket after you're done with your grilled chicken?

Top Bottom