• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

Chao said:
The music sounded like shitty Nintendo midis all over again.
Where's the orchestra!?

Also, UR MR GAY TOO

Still early. Galaxy had midi to start off with too. I'm sure the final game will be orchestrated.

Still can't believe this was announced. My jaw hit the floor. It does look a bit too familiar but who cares, it's fricken Galaxy. Loved that massive snow planet. And Yoshi! Fuck yeah!

pakkit

Banned
Fuck people dismissing this as an expansion pack.

It's SMG2. The trailer looks SO awesome. You've got shadow Mario, Yoshi, new galaxies, new contraptions, new suits, and it's built off the engine of the best looking Wii game to date.

Mr. Sam

...Hmm. Cool. Liked the first, would like more. Simple logic. Never was a Yoshi fan though. Never trusted a male that could lay eggs.

My god, the trolls in here are furious :lol

Seriously this is awesome news. They haven't done a Mario sequel in forever... I for one am happy that I don't have to wait another 5 years to play a true Mario game.

Rash said:
It did look pretty damn amazing. I almost shed a tear.

If there's one game that can beat the original Galaxy, it's the sequel, and the footage looks promising in that regard.

And yeah, YOSHI! It actually looks like he'll be somewhat useful for gameplay, unlike in Sunshine.
Yoshi was extremely useful in Sunshine, he was just sorely under-utelized. Improved spin jump, flutter jumping, creating platforms out of enemies and cleaning up electric slime to progress or uncover hidden areas.

Sharp

Jizz in my pants confirmed.

Seriously, all I ever wanted was more galaxies because when SMG was done I felt empty inside. Thank you Nintendo, between this and a new Metroid and Golden Sun DS you have almost redeemed your year of total crap!

hmmm
I have my doubts, the first game had theme repetition that got tiresome in later constellations.

having one Water constellation was alread too much but seing more water planets later in the game was a big no no

how much , WATER, FIRE, ICE, themes can you repeat in other planets too often?

I would hold my breath on the 2nd one, I will examine the ammount of Water planets before considering purchase

Haunted

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I just saw the footage.

Incredible. Game of the show so far, before Brütal Legend and Alan Wake.

Nuclear Muffin said:
No he's damn right, Mario Galaxy didn't need a bloody sequel. This is a complete waste of dev talent that would be better spent on a new IP!
The waste here is using the gravity engine for only one game.
explore it more!

syllogism

pakkit said:
Fuck people dismissing this as an expansion pack.

It's SMG2. The trailer looks SO awesome. You've got shadow Mario, Yoshi, new galaxies, new contraptions, new suits, and it's built off the engine of the best looking Wii game to date.
I wasn't really being entirely serious about the expansion pack comment as most same gen sequels are just more of the same

BikoBiko

So after seeing just one minute of footage people are declaring this is just some expansion pack? WTF.

Fuck the whiners. Day 1.

bridegur

Looks great. I just hope there's an overworld as interesting/fun as those in Mario 64 and SMS this time. SMG's was a drag.

Haters can go eat shit because GOTY 2007 is getting a sequel.

It'll probably be a good three years between both games so why the "expansion" nonsense?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
TheGreatDave said:
How the fuck are people trolling this?
neogaf1.gif

Struct09

The best game of the last decade is getting a sequel. Mark me as HOLY SHIT BALLS EXCITED!!! The music gave me goosebumps!

I thought we would have seen Zelda before Mario, but I'll take SMG2 with a smile.

this guy

I just saw the trailer.

The graphics look AMAZING, the levels look BRILLIANT, and the music sounds AWESOME!

Super Mario Galaxy was already fun in its purest form. I'm anxious to find out just how much more pure fun can get!

I can't believe that Nintendo is actually doing this, but I'm thrilled that they did. :D

:D :D :D

HylianTom

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
How the fuck are people trolling this?
Not very well, that's how.

Dear Miyamoto in Heaven,
... Please let me live until at least 2011 so that I can have time to experience another incredible Super Mario Galaxy game.

A-men.

I had a different post I would be happier to post, but since search is down, this is the best I could find...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14099317&postcount=154

Kulock said:
Super Mario Galaxy: New Horizons - I like to make myself laugh sometimes. Hey, remember when Nintendo made more than one mainline Mario game a generation? Yeah, me neither.

Happy to be proven wrong. :D I never expected them to announce a sequel so soon, although I'm a little disappointed it's a 2010 title, polish was a big part of what made Galaxy great, so I'm not about to complain if they think they need the time.

Sharp

Okay

I can understand people saying this did not have the 'wow' factor SMG did when it was first released based on the first few seconds of the trailer

But if you watched that entire trailer all the way through and are still dismissing this as "unnecessary" and "an expansion pack" or "cash-in" or whatever

You are dead inside.

TheGreatDave said:
Some things are usually sacred.
It's psychotic.

That looked better technically then the last! I saw blades of freaking grass. Mario running through fields! Not just running on a texture. Always possible, but rarely seen.

I can see enjoying it a metric fuckton!

Sharp said:
Okay

I can understand people saying this did not have the 'wow' factor SMG did when it was first released based on the first few seconds of the trailer

But if you watched that entire trailer all the way through and are still dismissing this as "unnecessary" and "an expansion pack" or "cash-in" or whatever

You are dead inside.
This is the truth if it were ever spoken. The snow areas, the happy yoshi stuff. They are bringing the series full circle. AND we get a new 2D mario for Wii with 4 player action!

chase

Darklord said:
Looked exactly like the first which was very underwhelming. The big thing with SMG was it was new and fresh. I feel this will be good but no where near as awesome.

This is how I feel, sadly. I mean, they're even re-using a boss. Based on what we've seen so far, it really is like nothing more than an expansion pack. That's good, but not pant-drenching.

Top Bottom