• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed!

bridegur

The new trailer makes it look amazing. The 2D sections look to make up for how uninspired most of NSMB Wii felt. I just hope Yoshi doesn't have the same obnoxious restrictions as in Sunshine.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Okiedoke. With the orchestral confirmation I can now unsubscribe from this thread and continue my media blackout. :D It's killing me inside, too. But it will be worth it... I'm pretty sure. Plus even though there's actual media coming out now, it's only three months away.

I can last three months.

Duderz

Banned
Bunch of new screens on Nintendo's website.

Qe-vxf8GM1l7ezgIiKP8L4IN3l4X5qBb.jpg

-gWi4JinJllO_EYz6pac_PfFyt0-V-iT.jpg

QdYW_3i2wdrZx3Ru_sRqIAwu9e2XHXgE.jpg

AWESOME.

I was worried that this game wouldn't receive the level of polish and grandeur that the first one did. My worries seem to be for absolutely nothing.

The hub in Galaxy was boring and empty. Worst part of the game. No big loss.

Although, in a 3D Mario game I do like the sense of being in a "world," even if that world simply teleports me around.

SaintZ

FUCK, I want this game so badly! Thank jeebus is only a few months away. That jungle level looks awesome and I agree with the DKC and BK comparision.

Ugh @ the Piantas though.

bridegur

I hope the inclusion of the SMS characters means we'll see some sliding in paint and elastic bands.

Lack of a hub world could be a huge, huge drag, though.

Beautiful game, awesome level design. And the music... Orchestral music brings me tears of joy. I loved so much SMG musics and now... Oh, I just can't wait !

gumshoe

Banned
This game looks amazing!!! :O I don't want to watch the trailer. But the colors and the level design look unreal. Can this game top the first one?? o_O

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
From Nintendo website:

Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.

So perhaps the strange star medal which appeared in the trailer serves for this purpose...

Lijik

Oh my god at that trailer and screens. This game looks phenomenal and its less than three months away!

BGBW said:
shZ0bbdAWk-svjaq6gm3BSbNkOtjuI2D.jpg

No hub this time?

While I liked the hub in Mario Galaxy, I don't mind this at all. It reminds me of the level select in Rayman 2 and thats not a bad thing at all.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Sir Johnny said:
From Nintendo website:

Skilled players will want to collect new Comet Metals, which will unlock harder levels with even more challenges.

So perhaps the strange star medal which appeared in the trailer serves for this purpose...

whoa.png

This game is going to consume me for months i can tell already......:D

BGBW said:
shZ0bbdAWk-svjaq6gm3BSbNkOtjuI2D.jpg

No hub this time?

Ooh, I wonder if the game moves along in a linear fashion like the 2D games. SMG was already much closer to the 2D structure of Mario than SM64 and SMS, maybe they're moving even further in that direction?

Oh and I'm getting somewhat of a Donkey Kong vibe from these screens. Maybe even DKC2 vibes :D

Nuclear Muffin said:
Ooh, I wonder if the game moves along in a linear fashion like the 2D games. SMG was already much closer to the 2D structure of Mario than SM64 and SMS, maybe they're moving even further in that direction?

Oh and I'm getting somewhat of a Donkey Kong vibe from these screens. Maybe even DKC2 vibes :D
I wouldn't be surprised. The 2D structure sales better. It's also got more 2D sections now so that's also a plus!

bridegur

Nuclear Muffin said:

Mario 3 and Super Mario World had hub worlds that were non-linear. Axing a hub world for this seems really lazy to me.

Top Bottom